Thread: Brorc

Mapmaker

Default Brorc

One of my earlier levels. The first 4 Keeper map I made hope people can enjoy it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Warlock

Default Re: Brorc

Not a bad level for a first try. However:

1) Why did you put a door outside your Keeper's SOI? That just encourages the Imps to get fried/squashed.

2) Moar heroes. Maybe a Samurai Squad with a at the central portal.

3) Some weaknesses in base layout for the Yellow's (namely, no door between the heart and the portal).

4) Why are there hero :bug: at the enemy dungeons?

Mapmaker

1) SOI? if you're referring to the door near the gems, as so you'd know if the enemy keeper had already got to the central part.
    2) The Hero dungeon was only to separate the four keepers
    3) I left the design of the dungeon to the computer players.
    4) I don't understand this question

Thanks for your feedback.

Warlock

1) The unaligned portals already show their position
    2) It would have been nice though.
    3) I was talking about the Yellow's initial base, with the heart being one tile away from their lair without a door to separate them.
    4) Hero beetles.
    5) Why are there lightning traps?
    6) shouldn't there be a better starting creature like a Mistress or a Warlock because Tentacles are VERY weaksauce.

Mapmaker

1)Plus with there being no available workshop until you destroy a keeper I placed the door to defend you, my imps never try to go to that door.
    2)I didn't design the level to have any Heroes, I placed the Hero dungeon their to stop battles beginning too quickly, if the blue or green decide to attack you before you've built up your dungeon, you're screwed.
    3)with the yellow being furthest away, normally their "army" is stronger meaning such a petite issue such as there being no space between the lair and heart is intricate.
    4)It was just a time waster to keep the keepers busy for a while.
    5)to defer and create a need for strategy. I designed the level to have reasons to avoid certain areas until necessary and that if you need to restart the level you know to stay clear of the south until you can research more imps.
    6)But you find a Horned Reaper, the tentacle was just a personal choice,

Warlock

1) workshops are largely useless once you are being hemmed in from 3 fronts and you have to kill one of the enemies to get one..
    2) It would have been better to have guard posts w water acting as a barrier and making Bridge be the last thing they research and given the same research time as Destroy Walls.
    3) Just a wee gripe.
    4) Not for much though.
    5) Except, you can't get money or creatures if the next tile is lethal towards your only imps.
    6) Fair enough.
    7) Would have been nice to add heroes to the map to make them more difficult.

Mapmaker

1)Fair point it was just a design I thought worked.
    2)I didn't want a design that completely halted their ability to reach anyone before researching said room, plus placing guardposts could potentially cause keepers forbade attacking all together and you have to enter their dungeons individually which would never be much fun. IMO
    4)Wasn't meant to be long.
    5)The idea behind it was. Theortically.. You lose all your imps>restart learning from mistakes>urge imps to head north rather than south>claim library>research power_imp>have ability to create imps if they die when claiming south. see the 'logic'? Can I point out this was early days for me level making wise. It wasn't supposed to be perfect.
    7)When I created the level DK would crash with too much information. To this day I've made only three 4 player levels due to chance of overloading with information, such as too many creatures, too many traps etc. adding heroes was something I left out on purpose and reckon the difficulty of the level can be enough.

Warlock

Well, I have some incomplete levels myself, and I was wondering if you could help me make them.

1) It wouldn't stop them dead. It would delay them significantly, allowing you time to build up your forces and prepare for battle.
    2) So why were they put there in the first place if they were a roadbump?
    3) Given how imp AI works, not a good idea. Anyway, the tentacle's gonna get mighty cranky if it can't get its wages/food.
    4) Shouldn't have to worry about it now.
    Last edited by Hades; January 20th, 2014 at 20:11.

Mapmaker

I would be happy to try and help complete said levels.
    Brorc was a level I've designed some others basing them upon, I have Brorca, Brorce, Brorci, Brorco and Brorcu which I've created within the last 6 months with similar beginnings. If you'd want, you could test those and any feedback'd be appreciated. I enjoy making levels and would love to share more. My first ever published level was Mine, http://keeper.lubiki.pl/html/dk1_map....php?start=004 available on this page. It was an attempt at seeing how little you can start with and succeed with. Mine was my inspiration to how I'd begin Brorc. Brorc is one of my favourite earlier dungeons. Although I may take your suggestions into consideration.
    Looking on that page. I'd forgot about Balanced. that was my first 4 player level. I can't remember much about that level. It was also the second level I ever made. If I can find my first dungeon I shall send it to you to see what you think of it. and it can show how I progressed from First Dungeon to Balanced to Mine to Brorc and I can send you the latter levels I've created from Brorc likewise.
    If you want to confer through email rather that on here my email address is [email protected]