Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Living in Possession

Beetle

Default Re: Living in Possession

The chicken one would be simple enough, the Imp ones are where most the problems come from. None of them exist for a possessed creature so someone would have to code each one of them in.(Dropping off Gold;picking up trap crate; dropping crate which would have even more needed to have the game see if where you dropped it is where the trap should be;fortifying walls which would have to have more as well so the game can understand if your in front of dirt) Training it would have to somehow turn the dummies into actual things you could hit for it to work, or again, add a whole new thing for it and once again it would have to see if you are in the training room. You would also run into the problem of hitting your allies and maybe even killing them, so there would need to be something as well to disable such. They are very good ideas, I don't think any of us are saying otherwise. Personally I like some of the Imp ones like fortifying walls since that could be useful when you need to get that done fast, so possess an Imp and go. It is just that someone would have to put quite a bit of work into making such, and then if there is bugs, if it is balanced. Even something that appears small like this would be a bit of a task.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: TrippyDaze

Quote Originally Posted by Shonji View Post
    You would also run into the problem of hitting your allies and maybe even killing them, so there would need to be something as well to disable such..
    Hitting your allies can be quite fun...

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shonji View Post
    You would also run into the problem of hitting your allies and maybe even killing them, so there would need to be something as well to disable such.
    Ah yes, and then what if there is a battle in the dungeon? Have to differentiate enemy from ally, and make sure it doesn't disable the ability to attack them or something.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Start with the simple one of eating chickens then That would be enough to keep the creature alive during gameplay

Gamer IDs

can you imagine the size of the hatchery/triage centers? lol's all around.

Sorry I have no clue what you mean Tikah.

Gamer IDs

If eating chickens keep you alive, it would be strategic to build a few hatcheries on the front lines, kind of like a triage center. In large multiplayer format, this can get kind of crazy.

edit - though, 4 player is hardly considered large multiplayer...still though the concept is there.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tikah View Post
    If eating chickens keep you alive, it would be strategic to build a few hatcheries on the front lines, kind of like a triage center. In large multiplayer format, this can get kind of crazy.

edit - though, 4 player is hardly considered large multiplayer...still though the concept is there.
    Not really all that abusable. By being in possession, you aren't properly managing your army. There's no casting of Keeper Lightning, healing or saving the wounded. Even if that were abusable in possession, it'd probably still hurt you more to use possession rather than traditional methods.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

I meant it would keep you alive if you were doing what I was talking about. 1 on 1 possession fights. Some creatures cannot heal themselves and your health slowly goes down after your creature is hungry. And Rex I know. This is simply for the fun aspect of possession fights plus I can't tell you how many times I possessed a level 1 dragon and stomped all the way to the enemy keepers dungeon and terrorized him to death. Eating his chickens in possession would keep the health from going down as well.

Gamer IDs

Dragons are so painfully slow in the beginning, I hope you had speed monster for that journey.