Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Living in Possession

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dragonslover

Default Re: Living in Possession

Maybe a "forced possession" like in DK2 could be added, like it was used in some secret levels.
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Beetle

Surprised this is still alive. I don't think the problem is a possession map like your saying, since what you are saying would actually work, a combat/obsticle course kind of map. What it is about is actually doing everything in possession, things that don't actually exist that is like training, sleeping, researching, fortifying and dropping off gold as an imp. It is a nice thought being able to live in possession, but that is all it is. That is a lot of work that someone would be doing if it is even possible for so little point. Not trying to be rude, but all that time spent on doing something like this that only like one or two people will care about could be better spent on actual improvements to the game or making maps.

I don't see how it would even be fun. What is fun about training or researching for an hour long, only to probably die your first battle due to not being allowed to leave possession.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsLover View Post
    Maybe a "forced possession" like in DK2 could be added, like it was used in some secret levels.
    Not really possible I think with the current FX, since the engine doesn't have those kind of features installed. You can't attach scripts to individual Creatures or units in general. DKII has that already though.

If we could add Creature scripts to FX, then it would probably be better to work on other things, like checking that Creature's health, job, level, etc to attach additional scripts to it, rather than adding a forced possession. Though, before that, there needs to be the removal of script command limits, as with those in place, there's not really much you can do with Creature scripts as it adds a layer of complexity to scripts, beyond their ability to handle.

So much to do. Work work work.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Spider

It does seem like a lot of work for gains that wouldn't warrant it.

I do harbour dreams of a multiplayer mode where a significant portion of the creatures are rel people, 'trapped' in their creature. One person is the Keeper, the others are waiting in the lobby to find out what type of creature they are, and which side they are on. Their chances of being a higher grade creature are influenced by their current points level, with points having been accrued in earlier levels of the same game type. i.e. you tend to start as an imp, and work your way up! The Keeper can manipulate computer creatures normally, but maybe there'd be restrictions for 'real' creatures (maybe cannot be picked up at all by hand of god, or maybe a time restricted allowance - 5 minute wait before it can be done again?). Would need a way of communicating between players and keeper somehow.

One can dream!

dayo

Quote Originally Posted by dayokay View Post
    It does seem like a lot of work for gains that wouldn't warrant it.

I do harbour dreams of a multiplayer mode where a significant portion of the creatures are rel people, 'trapped' in their creature. One person is the Keeper, the others are waiting in the lobby to find out what type of creature they are, and which side they are on. Their chances of being a higher grade creature are influenced by their current points level, with points having been accrued in earlier levels of the same game type. i.e. you tend to start as an imp, and work your way up! The Keeper can manipulate computer creatures normally, but maybe there'd be restrictions for 'real' creatures (maybe cannot be picked up at all by hand of god, or maybe a time restricted allowance - 5 minute wait before it can be done again?). Would need a way of communicating between players and keeper somehow.

One can dream!

dayo
    Now that would be awesome too! If you are stuck as an imp you would have to wait for walls to glow from the keeper marking them for destruction. Watch out for trolls though otherwise bad imps will just break everything ruining the game for everyone.