Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Stats of creatures

Default Re: Stats of creatures

Really really nice, thanks a lot for the help !

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SADevil View Post
    Thanks!
    I've just added almost all damaging and healing abilities to the list with exception of Dark Angel's and Mistress' Hail Storm, Drain and Maiden Poison Spit, which I can't clearly understand by numbers in editor.
    Oh, those are easy. The first number of Hailstorm is damage as long as the unit is in its AoE, second is the actual AoE. Hailstorm hits up to 30 times I believe. It's that way in 1.3 at least. You can look this up in the shot data, it has a Health of 30.

Drain deals damage based on a percentage of the Creature's max health. So it's the only spell in the game that technically gets stronger as the unit levels up.

I don't know about Poison Spit, perhaps you could also check the shot data for it and look up some of its stats that way, like with Hail.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Oh, those are easy. The first number of Hailstorm is damage as long as the unit is in its AoE, second is the actual AoE. Hailstorm hits up to 30 times I believe. It's that way in 1.3 at least. You can look this up in the shot data, it has a Health of 30.
    Now I get it. I couldn't thought what Shot Health really means. But, is AoE in Shot Data 2 a diameter in tiles around an impact point or something else?

Drain deals damage based on a percentage of the Creature's max health. So it's the only spell in the game that technically gets stronger as the unit levels up.
    So it means that target unit looses 25% of its max health and Vampire heals himself by equal amount of HP? (Shot Data 1: 25; Shot Data 2: 0)

I don't know about Poison Spit, perhaps you could also check the shot data for it and look up some of its stats that way, like with Hail.
    My guess is that it poisons target for 200 damage/sec for 10 seconds (Shot Data 1: 200; Shot Data 2: 10) but it seems to powerfull to be true, or I'm wrong. Here is screenshot of its Creature Spell Type and Shot Type.

Now I get it. I couldn't thought what Shot Health really means. But, is AoE in Shot Data 2 a diameter in tiles around an impact point or something else?
    Yes, that is what Shot Data 2 is. If I recall, Hailstorm had a problem with its AoE being kinda small and sometimes would bug out even. Like, you would step out of its radius and then back in, and it wouldn't do any damage. That is an issue considering its most powerful when used on units close together, and yet that's also when they begin to squirm around due to collisions. For my patch, I had to increase the range by 1, which seemed to get by that.

So it means that target unit looses 25% of its max health and Vampire heals himself by equal amount of HP? (Shot Data 1: 25; Shot Data 2: 0)
    No, doesn't lose health. It's a drain, so it deals damage equal to 25% of the Vamp's max health and then heals by that much as well. You usually never see the healing, however, as Vamps are melee based and they tend to cast the spell only at the beginning of the fight, before they take damage.

My guess is that it poisons target for 200 damage/sec for 10 seconds (Shot Data 1: 200; Shot Data 2: 10) but it seems to powerfull to be true, or I'm wrong. Here is screenshot of its Creature Spell Type and Shot Type.
    Well, it's a Level 8 spell, so 2000 damage may not be completely absurd. It's a lot of damage, but it isn't instant, so it's harder to notice it. I imagine the Creature would usually fall to melee attacks before the spell deals its full damage. However, this is provided your assumption is correct. I'm unfamiliar with the Poison Spit shot type. I recall hearing from a friend that the spell was bugged and didn't actually work, but I never played around with it myself.

I checked the 1.3 editor now and noticed that the Poison Spit process type does actually exist there, as well as 'Web Area Effect' and 'Jack In the Box'. I could recreate it and play around with it to see if it works, but that is assuming the 1.3 version of the game has the same coding for the spell. Could you spare me a screenshot of the 'Effects and Shots' menu as well? Also, if it isn't too much of a bother, could you provide similar screenshots for the Web and Jack in the Box shots? I'm curious if I can recreate those in 1.3.

Perhaps you could try a test in My Pet Dungeon? See if the spell, when cast on a (Black) Knight, kills it in one or two shots without any other damage being applied to it. The 20 Health in the Shot Type does make me wonder a bit. Perhaps it is a total of 4000 damage, with 200 damage for 20 seconds? Though that actually sounds a bit absurd.
    Last edited by Metal Gear Rex; February 6th, 2014 at 10:38.

Tesonu is napping!

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    No, doesn't lose health. It's a drain, so it deals damage equal to 25% of the Vamp's max health and then heals by that much as well. You usually never see the healing, however, as Vamps are melee based and they tend to cast the spell only at the beginning of the fight, before they take damage.
    Oh, it's Vampire's health... So Drain is the only ability that scales its damage with creature level.

Could you spare me a screenshot of the 'Effects and Shots' menu as well? Also, if it isn't too much of a bother, could you provide similar screenshots for the Web and Jack in the Box shots? I'm curious if I can recreate those in 1.3.
    Maiden Poison Spit, Maiden Web, Jack In The Box.

Perhaps you could try a test in My Pet Dungeon? See if the spell, when cast on a (Black) Knight, kills it in one or two shots without any other damage being applied to it. The 20 Health in the Shot Type does make me wonder a bit. Perhaps it is a total of 4000 damage, with 200 damage for 20 seconds? Though that actually sounds a bit absurd.
    I can, may be at the weekend.

Oh, it's Vampire's health... So Drain is the only ability that scales its damage with creature level.
    Yeah, it is very much the strongest damage spell in the game.

Got them all, thanks.

I can, may be at the weekend.
    Alrighty then.

Tesonu is napping!

Maiden Web didn't work. The other two spells crashed the game. I can't say I'm surprised, but there you go. Nothing I can really do to test those abilities / stats.

Tesonu is napping!

I have tested Poison Spit and it takes half of 1 level Knight's health in 50 seconds. Second Poison Spit kills Knight (very slowly). So it does 2000 damage in 50 seconds.

Web dosn't seem to slow target but from time to time it really speeds it up. After two uses of Web on Giant he started to run unnaturally quickly, but result wasn't consistent. One or six uses of the Web didn't have any effect. But all of this was pretty random, so I can't give accurate info on this matter.

I have tested Poison Spit and it takes half of 1 level Knight's health in 50 seconds. Second Poison Spit kills Knight (very slowly). So it does 2000 damage in 50 seconds.
    Oh I see. So the first value in the Spell's data is the damage, and the second value is the number of times the spell hits. I'm assuming the Health value in the shot defines how frequently the spell deals damage. What game speed were you running it at? If at 100%, then I would assume the Poison Spit Shot's Health drops by 4 every second, so after 5 seconds, the Health hits 0 deals 200 damage to the target, eventually leading up to the 2000 damage over 50 seconds as you said. Could test this by dropping the Health to 10 and seeing the Knight takes damage twice as fast.

How very interesting to see this spell working. Hearing about this makes me both excited and sad. I would love to impliment this in my patch but alas.

Web dosn't seem to slow target but from time to time it really speeds it up. After two uses of Web on Giant he started to run unnaturally quickly, but result wasn't consistent. One or six uses of the Web didn't have any effect. But all of this was pretty random, so I can't give accurate info on this matter.
    I'm not entirely surprised. In the 1.3 version of the game, the Slow spell was bugged and would often cancel itself out or have a null effect. It was really glitchy in general and forced me to remove it, at least as a Creature spell. So this means they probably never fixed it in 1.7. However, I'm confused as to why the spell speeds up the Giant. I have to wonder how the hell they managed to screw that one up, rushed or no.

Tesonu is napping!

Oh I see. So the first value in the Spell's data is the damage, and the second value is the number of times the spell hits. I'm assuming the Health value in the shot defines how frequently the spell deals damage. What game speed were you running it at? If at 100%, then I would assume the Poison Spit Shot's Health drops by 4 every second, so after 5 seconds, the Health hits 0 deals 200 damage to the target, eventually leading up to the 2000 damage over 50 seconds as you said. Could test this by dropping the Health to 10 and seeing the Knight takes damage twice as fast.
    I haven't changed anything, so it must be standart speed.

Update:
    I've added more information on abilities to the list.
    Last edited by SADevil; February 10th, 2014 at 11:31.