Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Underground Throne

Thumbs up Underground Throne

Introducing a new Dungeon RTS Game called:

Underground Throne, a spiritual successor to Dungeon Keeper

Underground Throne

UT, formerly codenamed Underground Space Wars is a Dungeon RTS inspired by old school RTS games like Impossible Creatures, Dungeon Keeper and Tanktics.

It is currently in the Pre-Alpha state and plans to be cross-platform between Linux, Mac and Windows.

Features:

*Real time strategy in nicely created dungeon maps
    *Control a group of goons, minions and "kidnapped heroes" into your destiny of being the underground super power.
    *Pickup and drop your troops onto terrain
    *Digging your dungeon into total perfection.
    *Protect your dungeon command center while destroying enemy forces and their dungeon command center .
    *Build dynamic rooms and infrastructure
    *Train your minions
    *Fuse minions together to create freaks of nature with unstoppable strengths.
    *Smack a minion, like a boss.
    *NO FREE-TO-PLAY foolishness
    *NO PAY-TO-WIN nonsense

Here are some EARLY screenshots:

ALL PLACEHOLDER gfx!

IF you would like to help out on the project let me know via private message.

Thanks.

Also please follow us on Twitter @PawByte

Game is available via SuperLongName's AlphaPrime Experience for 95% of it's price. Got $1+tax? Pre Order it now, to help cover production costs.

The price doubles in just a few days!!!

Underground Throne is in public AlphaPrime v0.15.
    Last edited by theweirdn8; February 24th, 2014 at 15:18.

Default Re: Underground Space Wars

Just uplaoded a video:

Enjoy

-------------------------

Version 0.15 alphaprime footage is up:

Reserved for game-dev updates.

-----------------------
    Last edited by theweirdn8; February 24th, 2014 at 16:44.

Big update!

The H.U.D is coming along nicely.

What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by theweirdn8 View Post
    Big update!

The H.U.D is coming along nicely.

What do you think?

http://www.superlongname.com/images/..._ss_s1_hud.png
    I have a few questions:

1. How much of these HUD graphics are placeholder? It seems like the gold counter obviously would be, but there's no indication about anything else. How much does this resemble what you expect the final version to be?
    2. Excluding icons, I counted a total of 8 colors for all of the 2D screen interface images. This kind of limitation was common for DOS games in the early-to-mid nineties. Is this sort of technical limitation part of the art style, or is it just because of placeholder graphics?
    3. What do any of the icons at the bottom mean? It looks like the bottom row is a room list à la Dungeon Keeper (treasury, lair, whatever that big red L means, and what looks like it's supposed to be a bridge) but the top row makes less sense.
    4. Each individual icon of the top row has more colors by itself than all of the 2D screen interface, excluding icons. They are also much more detailed than the rest of the icons and interface, which looks quite disparate. In fact, it looks to me like they aren't even original graphics. What's up with this?
    5. What are the circular gaps in the top right interface for? I mean, the smaller ones - it looks like the center hole is supposed to be for the minimap.
    6. Why is the screenshot so big? Other than the logo, all of the game screenshot is 2x upscaled.

The Awakening

Quote Originally Posted by Mothrayas View Post
    I have a few questions:

1. How much of these HUD graphics are placeholder? It seems like the gold counter obviously would be, but there's no indication about anything else. How much does this resemble what you expect the final version to be?

--All of them
    2. Excluding icons, I counted a total of 8 colors for all of the 2D screen interface images. This kind of limitation was common for DOS games in the early-to-mid nineties. Is this sort of technical limitation part of the art style, or is it just because of placeholder graphics?
      --Just the really terrible placeholder GFX.
    3. What do any of the icons at the bottom mean? It looks like the bottom row is a room list à la Dungeon Keeper (treasury, lair, whatever that big red L means, and what looks like it's supposed to be a bridge) but the top row makes less sense.

--The L represented library. LOL sorry plaeholders can be confusing.
    4. Each individual icon of the top row has more colors by itself than all of the 2D screen interface, excluding icons. They are also much more detailed than the rest of the icons and interface, which looks quite disparate. In fact, it looks to me like they aren't even original graphics. What's up with this?
      They are placeholder GFX I found via OpenGameArt.org
    5. What are the circular gaps in the top right interface for? I mean, the smaller ones - it looks like the center hole is supposed to be for the minimap.
      Those are goign to be for minimap effects like zoom/rotat. Hopefully anyway. IT's still all placeholder
    6. Why is the screenshot so big? Other than the logo, all of the game screenshot is 2x upscaled.
    I was capturing screenshots on my super huge monitor. I've scaled them down now

Default Re: Underground Throne

A big for progress. Rooms now work.

Although only bridges have functionality. I'm gonna begin with the treasury and go up to the research room befoire releasing next milestone release.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

I've changed the thread title to reflect the new name.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Thank you,

Also in regards to the art. It is still alpha/placeholder art.

Also here is a funny video of people watching the game via Omegle:

Last edited by theweirdn8; March 1st, 2014 at 22:46.

Hey,

I thought about joining another DK project; but from what I seen so many of them simply died out because of they were simply part-time hobby projects.

I'm a full time game developer and judging from what I see so far I do not have the confidence that these projects will actually reach their goal before I do.

Our mechanics and game modes will be different as well, so I think it will be best for us to remain separate projects.

I hope that does not come off as too harsh or rad; I just want to finish a spiritual successor to the series.