Thread: Questions about this mod.

Default Questions about this mod.

Hi i find this mod but i do not find what this mod does. In readme i can see that it change some game code etc. But what is purpose of this mode?

Some mods change game but, games with mods are offten very hard or unbalanced.
    I have GOG verison of game, so it should work.

Thank you for help.

Default Re: Questions about this mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Hi i find this mod but i do not find what this mod does. In readme i can see that it change some game code etc. But what is purpose of this mode?
    Well this is interesting question.

I probably should add such information to keeper.lubiki.pl.
    Could someone help me with the content? What do you think I should write?

Before you update website, can you answer me I would like to play it but i do not know if this mod is changing game rules and balance of units. And mainly if it is finished. I can see in changelog that work are still in progress.

I played alot of mods, and some of them changed game rules and i had to wait long time before they finished and fixed new bugs from mod etc.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: StanleySweet Raptr ID: stanleysweet

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Before you update website, can you answer me I would like to play it but i do not know if this mod is changing game rules and balance of units. And mainly if it is finished. I can see in changelog that work are still in progress.

I played alot of mods, and some of them changed game rules and i had to wait long time before they finished and fixed new bugs from mod etc.
    This one is not just a mod. FX stands for Fan Expansion. So basically the aim was to add all the fanmade campaigns. Also, it fixes bugs that were in the original game, like the ai or the pathfinder, allow it to be moddable( For instance you can now add new things, like sounds, I tried to help on this but failed) also, it fixes resolution compatibility between windows versions, and i believe in the future the aim is to make it cross platform. There is also a plan to fix the original editor, but i'm not working on it atm.

It's missing some points but i guess it's a good sum up.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: ecarus333

What problem has the official level editor? I never used it so idk. It works with dungeon keeper gold and keeper fx?

Quote Originally Posted by Stanislas Dolcini View Post
    This one is not just a mod. FX stands for Fan Expansion. So basically the aim was to add all the fanmade campaigns. Also, it fixes bugs that were in the original game, like the ai or the pathfinder, allow it to be moddable( For instance you can now add new things, like sounds, I tried to help on this but failed) also, it fixes resolution compatibility between windows versions, and i believe in the future the aim is to make it cross platform. There is also a plan to fix the original editor, but i'm not working on it atm.

It's missing some points but i guess it's a good sum up.
    Thank you! This is what i was hoping for. Mod that fix bugs add some new code but game is still feels like original DK.
    + I like options for settings in this mod.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: StanleySweet Raptr ID: stanleysweet

Quote Originally Posted by Ecarus View Post
    What problem has the official level editor? I never used it so idk. It works with dungeon keeper gold and keeper fx?
    I'm not sure, but first of all it was written in 16bits, which you may not know but is not supported on 64bits editions of windows. I guess it also use antic commands which are not recognized. So I started like mefisto did a few years before dissassembling it and renaming functions, but it is really slow, and I don't have much time.

Thank you! This is what i was hoping for. Mod that fix bugs add some new code but game is still feels like original DK.
    + I like options for settings in this mod.
    Yeah Mefisto did a very good job on that launcher. What I'd like to see would be to apply those changes in the main menu.