Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: KeeperFX for DK 2

Default KeeperFX for DK 2

Hi will it be possible to create this mod for DK 2? If not why?

Thank you.

Default Re: KeeperFX for DK 2

In theory, yes. The only problem is finding somebody who has the ability and who wants to take the effort to disassembling all of DK2's executable code. Good luck finding somebody up for that.

Your closest bet would be the General Improvement Mod for DK2.

The Awakening

I would like to see a mod that can make DK2 game-play more like DK1.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mishko View Post
    I would like to see a mod that can make DK2 game-play more like DK1.
    If you want that, then just play DK1. What's the point of DKII if all it tries to do is imitate DKI? All it'll be is an inferior DKI.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

DK2 gameplay will never be like DK1, and why should it? Both are excellent in their own way.

i think the dk1 handling is better in general but the ways rooms are built is a little more comfortable in dk2

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lotex View Post
    i think the dk1 handling is better in general but the ways rooms are built is a little more comfortable in dk2
    I don't think it really matters. I hate vanilla DKII, even more after working with the game, yet even I admit that it would be better to keep it as is then try and get it to imitate DK1. At least leaving it be allows it to be unique and different, rather than an inferior copy.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

At this point of time I'd say that rewriting the game from scratch would be easier than trying to break and reassemble it.
    http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6659/c2warlocki.gif

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: ecarus333

Isn't a good idea make DK2 gameplay more like DK1 gameplay. I have played DK2 and its very different and very bad compared to DK1. Imps are slower, the AI doesnt work in 1.7, has lots of more bugs than DK1, the graphics are ugly, i dont understand DK2 possesion mode and how mana is created... a complete disaster. Not only is a problem the fact that you will need to rewrite the entire game for make it more like DK1, but if you try it you will end with a DK1 low quality copy.

Beetle

The point is the two are different games that play the same. I personally love both games equally and I would hate if DK2 was just another DK1. As much hate as there is for DK2, it had a good amount that it improved on over DK1. Hitboxes in my opinion is the best improvement, a creature attacks you, you get hit, no dice roll chances. As well as removing the broken Boulder trap into something that is strong, not an I win button. You have more strategy in DK2 as well since you can't really turtle like in DK1, DK1 you get a Gem then turtle til everything is 10 since nothing can get past Walls or Guardpost/lava trap or a huge row of Magic Doors(Bonus if each one has a broken Boulder behind it) DK2 you just get tunneled into. So as much as people gripe on DK2, it isn't THAT BAD. It had many things that were clearly superior over DK1, but I am not dumb and I know there is a lot messed up too with the game.

If people want to play something like DK1...well play DK1 or FX. If they want to play DK2, play DK2. Currently the GIM or Rex Patch make the game very fun and enjoyable. But back on topic, I would love an FX for DK2. It needs love too. But like Moth said, someone would have to put the huge effort into doing it for DK2.