Thread: A Couple of Issues from a GOG user

Default A Couple of Issues from a GOG user

Hi all, sorry if these questions have been answered, but I just wanted to try and find the exact answer to the exact problem I'm having. If you'd be so kind as to indulge me, I'd appreciate it.

(Start of introductory blathering, skip this to get the meat of the issue)

I just got a copy of Dungeon Keeper Gold off of GOG due to the big giveaway, and I am excited to play (Admittedly, I've never had any exposure to these kinds of old games, but I have watched Nerdcubed's two videos on the game, and was quite taken by it.) I downloaded the game, and thankfully I'm running XP as I don't want to deal with the issues the even more modern Windows versions would no doubt provide.

(End of blathering)

Upon booting up the game, I found the image to be off center. This wasn't new to me, I'm well versed in the simple process of auto adjusting or manually adjusting my monitor so that a game will be properly centered. However, as the intro played, I again had to center the screen, and then the disk logo, and so on and so forth. I don't particularly want to play the game in window mode, so is there anything to fix this issue?

Secondly, is there any way to lessen the scrolling speed? I mean, it goes from zero to the other side of the screen in half a second or less.

Finally, I tried switching scaling engine to hq2x in the DOSBox Configurator, but there now appears to be tearing, something I've never even been able to really notice in a game before. I also changed the graphic mode from Surface to OpenGL. Is there something I did wrong?

Please let me know if there is anything I can do, and if any other information is required to solve this problem, and thanks in advance!

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: ecarus333

Default Re: A Couple of Issues from a GOG user

Download KeeperFX. Is a mod of DK1 which fixes your problems and lots of other ones. Is better that GOG version and needs DK1 GOG data to work. Download it here.

Default Re: A Couple of Issues from a GOG user

Quote Originally Posted by Ecarus View Post
    Download KeeperFX. Is a mod of DK1 which fixes your problems and lots of other ones. Is better that GOG version and needs DK1 GOG data to work. Download it here.
    Thanks, I read a little about KeeperFX, but I wasn't certain if it would work for me/where I would even get it. XD