Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Easiest way to fix maps and AI in GOG without affecting other stuff

Default Easiest way to fix maps and AI in GOG without affecting other stuff

sup guise

this has sort of been asked before, but i couldn't find a straight answer.

I have the gog version of the game, and I want to:
    1. be able to attract all of the creatures in the later campaign levels, and
    2. get enemy keeper AI that isn't retarded (apparently was better in version 1.5)

is there any easy way to do this? I understand that the "general improvement project" includes both of these fixes, but it also seems to introduce a bajillion changes to the game that i am not interested in. i just want to fix the stuff that's actually broken.

thx guise

Beetle

Default Re: Easiest way to fix maps and AI in GOG without affecting other stuff

If you download and get the General Improvement Mod working, that should solve all your asking and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Shonji View Post
    and more.
    thanks man, but that's what i don't want. the general improvement mod changes the game in ways that the modder feels is an "improvement," but that is different from what Bullfrog intended, right? aren't there a bajillion balance changes?

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dickbutts View Post
    thanks man, but that's what i don't want. the general improvement mod changes the game in ways that the modder feels is an "improvement," but that is different from what Bullfrog intended, right? aren't there a bajillion balance changes?
    No, those were reverted. At least, the vast majority of them were reverted... I think. It's been a while since I looked at the change log but I'm pretty sure those were for the most part, undone.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Beetle

Try reading what the changes are. From what I remember reading, most of them were actual improvements or fixes to bugs. I think I recall one being Monks and Fairies aren't stupid, they are clearly spellcasters but they ran into melee and died instantly.

Otherwise try finding a basic 1.5 or 1.3 version of the game, I believe there is a link to a 1.3(Best AI DK2 had) in the Kasabian Campaign thread. That will make AI as smart as it can by Bullfrog's standards, rest is based on either GIM or Rex's Patch.

As for allowing creatures to be gotten in the campaign, that I think GIM also fixed, but if you don't want to use it, I don't know from there. If I recall only Dark Angel isn't obtainable, since Black Knights can be sacrificed for.

thanks guys. maybe i will give it a shot soon. reading through the changelog, i can see that some of the balance changes in earlier versions have been reverted (eg troll movement speed), but there are many others added (eg "Kings' health has been increased from 6000 to 13811").

much gratitude for the responses. it's awesome to see the DK2 community alive and well after all these years

He obviously means the vanilla dk2 balance. he just wants just the graphics/AI fixes.
    http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6659/c2warlocki.gif

An average player does know that. When you play the game you see the Bullfrog logo, not an EA logo. Anyway, I don't see the reason to get so anal about this fact.
    http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6659/c2warlocki.gif

Copy and paste these into your map folder. That will fix your spawn issues.

target is: Dungeon Keeper 2\Data\editor\maps

PatchLevels170.rar

it is going to bust your save games, but you will be able to continue campaign and start the level over.
    I suggest starting level 18 - nemesis and confirm your combat pit is attracting.
    Last edited by curlyhoward; February 20th, 2014 at 11:00.

Quote Originally Posted by curlyhoward View Post
    Copy and paste these into your map folder. That will fix your spawn issues.

target is: Dungeon Keeper 2\Data\editor\maps

PatchLevels170.rar

it is going to bust your save games, but you will be able to continue campaign and start the level over.
    I suggest starting level 18 - nemesis and confirm your combat pit is attracting.
    perfect. thanks man. i actually haven't finished the game since like 2002, and I'm on a fresh playthrough, but i'll certainly know if i get to the end and can't get black knights.

@wyrm, i'm sure you got what i meant, but i also get why you would want to make the distinction regarding my word choice. i had no intention to offend. you have clearly contributed substantially to the community with your patch.
    Last edited by dickbutts; February 21st, 2014 at 00:23.