Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Magic door and magical attack

Default Re: Magic door and magical attack

Quote Originally Posted by Ecarus View Post
    Why not? Just think on the name "Word of Power", it sounds like magic, not like a fire explosion. And if WOP is a fire explosion, as you said, why it doesnt fit in magic category? And why fireball IS a magical attack? If both are fire attacks you dont think that both fit in magical category?
    I do, but mefistotelis just said fireball wouldn't be categorized as magic, only drain and WOP would be magic. I think WOP is rather similar to Meteor and fireball. Magic firebased attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsLover View Post
    What's the purpose of sorting all the spells in many different categories btw? To my eyes, it has always been divided into 2 main categories: abilities such as melee attack, arrow of the archer, dig & claim of the imp, fart of the bile demon, flame breathe of the dragon/hellhound and spells which is the rest. What's the importance of making the fireball a fire based attack and the freeze a cold based one?

As for the SPIKE, VORTEX and SOLID_BOULDER shots, I think these are alpha version stuff, unless SOLID_BOULDER is actually used by the boulder trap which would be surprising since there's already the BOULDER shot. GOD_LIGHTNING and GOD_LIGHTNING_BALL is the Lightning Keeper spell and the rest is self-explanatory.
    Yeah, I don't really see the purpose either, all these categories would only add value if different categories would have different effects, which would fundamentally alter the game as is.
    I do see the purpose on making clear which attacks are magic and which ones aren't because of the effect this has on magic doors.

If GOD_LIGHTNING is the lightning spell, what spell is the GOD_LIGHTNING_BALL?
    Last edited by YourMaster; February 23rd, 2014 at 00:23.

What about "energy" vs "physical" attacks :

Physical (reduced damage against magic doors) :
    - Keeper's Cave-In
    - Melee Attack
    - Hailstorm
    - Meteor
    - Lizard Missile
    - Navigating Missile
    - Wind
    - Arrow

Energy (normal damage against magic doors) :
    - Keeper's Lightning
    - Keeper's Lightning AoE
    - Drain
    - Fireball
    - Flame Breath
    - Freeze
    - Lizard Grenade AoE
    - Lightning
    - Meteor AoE
    - Slow
    - Word of Power

Other (shouldn't affect a door anyway) :
    - Keeper's Disease
    - Flatulence
    - Poison Gas Cloud

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: ecarus333

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsLover View Post
    What's the purpose of sorting all the spells in many different categories btw? To my eyes, it has always been divided into 2 main categories: abilities such as melee attack, arrow of the archer, dig & claim of the imp, fart of the bile demon, flame breathe of the dragon/hellhound and spells which is the rest. What's the importance of making the fireball a fire based attack and the freeze a cold based one?
    It should be great if some creatures spells of some category make more damage to other creature which doesnt is of that category.

For example: I would like if flamebreath, as it a heat-based attack, makes less damage to heat-resistance creatures, like dragons or demon spawns, and does more damage to waterthemed creatures, like tentacles.

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    I think you missed what he said. He specifically agreed that Word of Power is magic and even mentioned how it looking like a fire explosion is a personal vibe that applied to him.
    My error, sorry if i missed somethings or if i have problems to explain myself. As english isnt my native language i have some problems to understand somethings.

The energy/physical categories does sound reasonable for magic doors.

But by introducing the categories I also want to make even more room for modding - more categories give more possibilities here, ie. it would sound reasonable for DRAGON to be resistant to Fireburn, not only to lava. Skeletons might be resistant to biological attacks, and vampires for respiratory attacks.

Also, "resistant" wouldn't always mean no damage - usually it would just reduce the damage, let's say to 30%.

Yeah, otherwise you would just end with unending Dragon vs Dragon fights...