Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Sacrificing prisoners

Default Re: Sacrificing prisoners

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTemplar View Post
    - You should get reward from sacrificing prisoners, as it's quite evil.
    Same reward as sacrificing your own creatures?

Warlock

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    Same reward as sacrificing your own creatures?
    Well, it does breach the Geneva conventions, which is evil enough.

Then again, it was the sort of game Cheney must have been playing, because torture gets you information on enemy bases (hell, they should just give a "gitmo" boost for prisons/torture chambers that are built near water)

Beetle

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTemplar View Post
    - You should get reward from sacrificing prisoners, as it's quite evil.

- Getting mana from sacrificing heroes seems logical, getting gold, not so much.

- What Metal Gear Rex said for the Imp=>Vampire situation. Imp=>Ghost and "Imp forever in prison" is not so aggravating as the player has actually control over it. Plus imps dying => other imps trying to drag them to graveyard => imp hecatomb is SO annoying...
    Example :
    http://www.gog.com/forum/dungeon_kee...morkador_stuck

- Having multiple controllable reapers is what differentiates DK1 from DK2. Yes, they're strong, and you can micromanage them, but they're quite expensive, and if you slip up and they turn berserk, the only thing you have left to do is to get rid of them. Maybe they should turn "hero" when they get berserk, so that it's not as easy to get rid of them as just throwing them out of the portal or in prison/torture chamber? Plus, some levels, like Mistle and Moonshadow Keep, wouldn't be nearly as fun without an army of baby reapers...
    This is Dk1, no mana, it has to be either another creature or gold.

And Reapers aren't as nuts as people say, they are extremely easy to take care of. With the common 2 being throw them in Guard Room or Temple. And they aren't that expensive. The Vampire at 10 takes like 4000? Horned Reaper is like 5000, and he is easily multiple times stronger. And you can offset his payday by just giving him money by hand, I have had times I purposely made 20 Reapers all level 10 and I could handle all of them by just paying them 100-500 gold by hand. 100k cost down to just 2000-10000.

I agree levels like Mistle you need them, but that should be a special case. In most maps I agree with only being allowed 1 or even none at all.

Beetle

Yes, since they are no different, a Blue Keeper troll is the same as a Red Keeper troll. Only difference is the enemy took casualities. which are only fitting to make use of them.

It pretty much goes back to what Wyrm said, if you don't like it? Turn Temple off for the level, otherwise it is fair play.

Paying creatures by hand is rather heavy micromanagement, that's why I think it's intended and not really an exploit. Of course, it gets quite worthwhile with powerful creatures such as reapers and vampires...

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: ecarus333

Im agree with you wyrmcast, is more like a bug and it needs to be fixed. I also agree with MGR if i understand what he says. You can get tons of vampires from imps corpses, so a easy way to make vampires is to make a corridor (?) with a boulder and put lots of imps there. Then activate the boulder and you have lots of imps corpses, which leads to vampires in the graveyard. And if you have a temple simple sacrifice your imps so you can make lots of imps for only 150 each one! Also if you have gems is worst! Tons of vampires made of imps corpses? That way you can spam vampires spells and become almost unstoppable. No, this need to be fixed.

No, by being heavy micromanagement, it gives you the incentive to only use this feature for only a few specific creatures, and not just use it to apply to all your creatures. Torturing your creatures to reduce the wages of all the others of the same type is another example of such a micromanagement / payoff.

Beetle

Wyrm, Reapers are extremely easy to take care of, I am not even that great of a DK1 player and they are more bark than bite to take care of. To people that find them hard, they are either.

1. Using more than they can afford, their own problem.
    2. Unskilled at the game if they find it so hard to take care of.
    3.Don't micromanage which again, is their own problem.
    4. Your an idiot if you slap a Reaper, again, unskilled and/or your own fault.

I was just making a statement about the 20 REapers, not that I always do it, I did it once just to see how easy they are to take care of, had an entire army of Reapers, got them all to 10, made a few Temples, easiest thing ever. Not trying to sound like a badass since I am not, in a multiplayer game I wouldn't be surprised if most here can beat me in DK1. But to argue that Reapers are not OP and hard to manage is just a joke. They are more or less Avatars for the Creatures, but you can make more than 1. And Avatar is the FINAL BOSS!

Warlock

What I like about sacrificing prisoners is that it adds another dimension of evil, just like what the Aztecs did.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: ecarus333

Quote Originally Posted by Shonji View Post
    Wyrm, Reapers are extremely easy to take care of, I am not even that great of a DK1 player and they are more bark than bite to take care of. To people that find them hard, they are either.

1. Using more than they can afford, their own problem.
    2. Unskilled at the game if they find it so hard to take care of.
    3.Don't micromanage which again, is their own problem.
    4. Your an idiot if you slap a Reaper, again, unskilled and/or your own fault.

I was just making a statement about the 20 REapers, not that I always do it, I did it once just to see how easy they are to take care of, had an entire army of Reapers, got them all to 10, made a few Temples, easiest thing ever. Not trying to sound like a badass since I am not, in a multiplayer game I wouldn't be surprised if most here can beat me in DK1. But to argue that Reapers are not OP and hard to manage is just a joke. They are more or less Avatars for the Creatures, but you can make more than 1. And Avatar is the FINAL BOSS!
    1.- Ok, i agree with you, i never make more than 3 or 4 reapers, except in Mistle. As I NO skip they payday, they very expensive wage makes the reapers a difficult creature to mantain and a OVERVALUATED creature.
    2.- Im agree with you again. I remember the first time i got a reaper. I put him to train with my others creatures, no problem i said. 5 min later the mentor says me "one of your creatures is angry", was the reaper. And before i had time to think he was killing everything that moves! So yes, to new players control and mantain the reaper happy could be a complete challenge.
    3.- I dont skip creatures payday, as it is more like a bug. And if you never makes more than 3 reapers i dont think that could be a problem.
    4.- If you slap a reaper you have around 10 seg to give him money or put him in the temple for calm down him before becomes psycho and kills everything.

A reaper would NEVER BE COMPARED TO THE AVATAR. The avatar has much more spells than the reaper, making him better than the reaper. A Reaper could never kill an avatar