Thread: Some questions about editing keeperFX

Default Some questions about editing keeperFX

Hi,

I was hoping someone could help me figure out where all the keeperFX files are exactly.

Im trying to edit things like room costs, workshop space and trap stats, but i cant figure out where the keeperFX files for those are. Also spells.

None of the files in the fxdata sub folder has them, and editing creatures.txt in the data sub folder has no effect since thats only for vanilla DK.

For prisons, is it possible to make the creatures in it starve to death faster? Without altering the out of prison starvation rate? It just takes forever to starve soem creatures to death, and any creature with heal is immune to starvation too....for that matter, is it possible to disable heal for prisoners?

More complciated : Is there a way to edit imps so that they stop sucidal charging into enemy forces and dying? Like if theres an enemy dungeon, no connection to it so your imps cant claim it, your imps will STILL keep charging out there to die pointlessly....and sometimes the level design prevents you from just locking them off with a door. And the annoying thing is that even if you can lock a door there....the enemy imps will charge at your magic door and eventually break it down, and its really annoying to have to keep killing them with lightning/cave in.

I was also thinking of a way to add a version of call to arms (or edit the spell) so that it has a map wide radius. Its annoying having to call to arms, then pick up 30+ creatures to drop them there because the call to arms radius is too small to get all your creatures to walk over there on your own. The AI can instantly pick up and drop all his creatures in one go but a human cant do that...
    Last edited by Question; February 22nd, 2014 at 09:18.

Default Re: Some questions about editing keeperFX

Quote Originally Posted by Question View Post
    I was hoping someone could help me figure out where all the keeperFX files are exactly.
    campaigns and per-campaign configs:
    Code:
    campgns/*_cfgs/creature.cfg
    campgns/*_cfgs/rules.cfg
    campgns/*_crtr/archer.cfg
    campgns/*_crtr/avatar.cfg
    campgns/*_crtr/barbarian.cfg
    campgns/*_crtr/bile_demon.cfg
    campgns/*_crtr/bug.cfg
    campgns/*_crtr/dark_mistress.cfg
    campgns/*_crtr/demonspawn.cfg
    campgns/*_crtr/dragon.cfg
    campgns/*_crtr/dwarfa.cfg
    campgns/*_crtr/fairy.cfg
    campgns/*_crtr/fly.cfg
    campgns/*_crtr/ghost.cfg
    campgns/*_crtr/giant.cfg
    campgns/*_crtr/hell_hound.cfg
    campgns/*_crtr/horny.cfg
    campgns/*_crtr/imp.cfg
    campgns/*_crtr/knight.cfg
    campgns/*_crtr/monk.cfg
    campgns/*_crtr/orc.cfg
    campgns/*_crtr/samurai.cfg
    campgns/*_crtr/skeleton.cfg
    campgns/*_crtr/sorceror.cfg
    campgns/*_crtr/spider.cfg
    campgns/*_crtr/tentacle.cfg
    campgns/*_crtr/thief.cfg
    campgns/*_crtr/troll.cfg
    campgns/*_crtr/tunneller.cfg
    campgns/*_crtr/vampire.cfg
    campgns/*_crtr/witch.cfg
    campgns/*_crtr/wizard.cfg
    campgns/ancntkpr.cfg
    campgns/burdnimp.cfg
    campgns/cqarctic.cfg
    campgns/darkdung.cfg
    campgns/dstninja.cfg
    campgns/dzjr06lv.cfg
    campgns/dzjr10lv.cfg
    campgns/dzjr25lv.cfg
    campgns/evilkeep.cfg
    campgns/grkreign.cfg
    campgns/jdkmaps8.cfg
    campgns/kdklvpck.cfg
    campgns/keeporig.cfg
    campgns/lqizgood.cfg
    campgns/lrdvexer.cfg
    campgns/ncastles.cfg
    campgns/postanck.cfg
    campgns/pstunded.cfg
    campgns/questfth.cfg
    campgns/twinkprs.cfg
    campgns/undedkpr.cfg
    Global creature configs:
    Code:
    creatrs/archer.cfg
    creatrs/avatar.cfg
    creatrs/barbarian.cfg
    creatrs/bile_demon.cfg
    creatrs/bug.cfg
    creatrs/dark_mistress.cfg
    creatrs/demonspawn.cfg
    creatrs/dragon.cfg
    creatrs/dwarfa.cfg
    creatrs/fairy.cfg
    creatrs/floating_spirit.cfg
    creatrs/fly.cfg
    creatrs/ghost.cfg
    creatrs/giant.cfg
    creatrs/hell_hound.cfg
    creatrs/horny.cfg
    creatrs/imp.cfg
    creatrs/knight.cfg
    creatrs/monk.cfg
    creatrs/orc.cfg
    creatrs/samurai.cfg
    creatrs/skeleton.cfg
    creatrs/sorceror.cfg
    creatrs/spider.cfg
    creatrs/tentacle.cfg
    creatrs/thief.cfg
    creatrs/troll.cfg
    creatrs/tunneller.cfg
    creatrs/vampire.cfg
    creatrs/witch.cfg
    creatrs/wizard.cfg
    Other global configs:
    Code:
    fxdata/creature.cfg
    fxdata/crstates.cfg
    fxdata/cubes.cfg
    fxdata/keepcompp.cfg
    fxdata/lenses.cfg
    fxdata/magic.cfg
    fxdata/objects.cfg
    fxdata/rules.cfg
    fxdata/terrain.cfg
    fxdata/trapdoor.cfg
    keeperfx.cfg

Thanks for the help, but none of those seem to contain the stuff i mentioned? Room costs, trap stats, spells, etc? I mean for example magic.cfg does contain some spell stats but only in relation to cost/duration, you cant change the damage that lightning does for example, nor can you change cost of traps in trapdoor.cfg.

Wasnt aware that call to arms can be charged, will try that, thanks.

Thanks for the help, but none of those seem to contain the stuff i mentioned? Room costs, trap stats, spells, etc? I mean for example magic.cfg does contain some spell stats but only in relation to cost/duration, you cant change the damage that lightning does for example, nor can you change cost of traps in trapdoor.cfg.

Wasnt aware that call to arms can be charged, will try that, thanks.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

I don't really know what you're talking about, Question. The information is there, you just have to look. You were pointed to the right direction.

Room costs
    Latter half of the terrain.cfg file.

Example:
    [room2]
    Name = TREASURE
    Cost = 50
    Health = 100
    SlabAssign = TREASURY_AREA
    Properties =
    trap stats
    Latter half of the trapdoor.cfg, just past the first section involving doors.

Example:
    [trap2]
    Name = ALARM
    NameTextID = 579
    TooltipTextID = 585
    ManufactureLevel = 0
    ManufactureRequired = 18000
    Shots = 12
    TimeBetweenShots = 2000
    SellingValue = 250
    spells
    This one is a little more complicated, depending on what you mean regarding Spells. Creature Spells or Keeper Spells? What specifically is being changed?

creature.cfg deals with instances for Creature Spells and jobs. With the former, you have things like the reset time, what kind of graphic it calls upon from the Creature when cast, and whether it reveals the Creature in invisibility.

Example:
    [instance27]
    Name = HAILSTORM
    Time = 10
    ActionTime = 6
    ResetTime = 32
    FPTime = 5
    FPActionTime = 3
    FPResetTime = 20
    ForceVisibility = 1
    Graphics = ATTACK
    Functions = creature_cast_spell
    The magic.cfg file details some things regarding spell types and shot types, in addition to the Keeper Spells data. Within the latter half of the rules.cfg file, there's information regarding Keeper Spell research time, in addition to room research time.

I mean for example magic.cfg does contain some spell stats but only in relation to cost/duration, you cant change the damage that lightning does for example
    About a third of the way down in the magic.cfg file, there is the shot data.

Example:
    [shot4]
    Name = LIGHTNING
    Health = 10
    Damage = 20
    HitType = 2
    AreaDamage = 6 160 255
    Speed = 256
    For instant hit type spells, (Flame Breath, Lightning, Drain, fairly sure that's all of them) note that the Health data details how many frames the spell lasts. This is important as while the spell is up, it is dealing damage. So Lightning deals 20 damage up to 10 times, for a total of 200.

nor can you change cost of traps in trapdoor.cfg.
    It's there, you just didn't bother to look.

Example:
    [trap4]
    Name = LIGHTNING
    NameTextID = 581
    TooltipTextID = 587
    ManufactureLevel = 2
    ManufactureRequired = 20000
    Shots = 6
    TimeBetweenShots = 140
    SellingValue = 500
    The former value details how long it takes to manufacture the item, depending on who you have in the Workshop of course. The latter is the amount of Gold you get from selling it.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Thats for the help, thats most of the stuff which i was looking for.

So for lightning, health is how many frames it lasts? So you take 10x20 = 200 damage? I'm not sure if thats right, because trap_lightning has 64 health and 16 damage, so thats over 1000 damage per shot....

[power10]
    Name = POWER_LIGHTNING
    NameTextID = 640
    Power = 3 4 5 7 9 12 14 16 30
    Cost = 600 1200 1300 1700 1800 2000 2200 2400 3000
    Time = 0
    Castability = ALL_GROUND REVEALED_TEMP NEEDS_DELAY

IIRC lightning's AOE radius increases the longer its charged, but i see no indication of that here?
    For some creatures spells, they are listed as doing 0 damage, e.g. hand to hand. Does that mean the creature's attack power is used instead?

For something like fire breath, is there a way to allow prisoners "killed" by fire breath to be unconcious instead? Instead of always killing it?

Im not sure if this is a bug but all the shot data in magic.cfg shows that they are hit type 2, and fireball has the same hit type as hand to hand. Isnt fireball supposed to be magic (for magic doors)?

Strangely i dont see any shot data for the word of power spell/trap or the poison gas trap? The poison gas shot seems to be used for bile demosn with a damage of 0....im looking at creatures.cfg now but the data there doesnt contain any damage values for any of the creature spells, oddly enough.

Is there any way to edit the space that traps/doors use in workshops? Even with a 50 tile workshop you will only have enough space for maybe 2-3 of each trap/door which is way too little IMHO.

Is there any way to make prisoners starve quicker (without making normal creatures starve faster)?

And lasty does anyone know a way to stop imps from suciding into enemy forces, as it is incredibly annoying....

I still dont get traps....

If trap_lightning lasts 64 frames at 16 damage each then it would do 1k+ damage and kill most level 10 creatures in 2-3 shots. That obviously does not happen, unless armor is a huge factor or some of the frames can miss.

Another problem is there is no shot data for trap_poison_gas or word of power....actually there is no shot data for word of power period, and word of power traps do zero damage to a level 3 dragon (just tested).

There are also several weird shot data with 0 damage like poison_cloud. If they have 0 damage in the .cfg file, how are they dealing damage?

What is god_lightning and what uses that?

Edit : Can someone please tell me how to make wizards/warlocks stop attacking creatures that enter the library? I see nothing in their respective .cfg files that control this...
    Last edited by Question; February 26th, 2014 at 15:33.

If trap_lightning lasts 64 frames at 16 damage each then it would do 1k+ damage and kill most level 10 creatures in 2-3 shots. That obviously does not happen, unless armor is a huge factor or some of the frames can miss.

Another problem is there is no shot data for trap_poison_gas or word of power....actually there is no shot data for word of power period, and word of power traps do zero damage to a level 3 dragon (just tested).

There are also several weird shot data with 0 damage like poison_cloud. If they have 0 damage in the .cfg file, how are they dealing damage?
    Every spell is handled by a different function, which may use spell parameters in different way. You'll have to look at the code implementation to know how exactly each spell treats the values. Also, often shots are used just to transfer spells, and the things which cause a real effects are not shots directly, but "effects". For example - WOP doesn't have a shot at all, it creates effect at the place of casting.

What is god_lightning and what uses that?
    We don't know.
    Try searching source code for its usage.

Edit : Can someone please tell me how to make wizards/warlocks stop attacking creatures that enter the library? I see nothing in their respective .cfg files that control this...
    This is explained in imp configuration; there's no specific option to disable job stress, but you should figure out a way based on this description.
    Code:
    ; Annoyance caused by primary jobs if there are unrelated creatures in the room
    ; Job stress makes creature irritated if other creatures, which
    ; wouldn't normally select that job, have been assigned to do it.
    ; In that case, the creature is attacked and forced to evacuate,
    ; and attacker working in the room is affected by job stress.
    JobStress = 0

Thanks that helps to clear it up.

Where are effects for spells stored then? Doesnt appear to be in magic.cfg...

I did see the job stress part so i tried changing it to 0....but that had no effect (Wizards were still attacking other creatures in the library).

Where are effects for spells stored then? Doesnt appear to be in magic.cfg...
    These are still hard-coded in the game. I will probably make "effects.cfg", sooner or later.
    For CTA, I will create a dummy shot in magic.cfg just to keep the damage in it.

I did see the job stress part so i tried changing it to 0....but that had no effect (Wizards were still attacking other creatures in the library).
    By "figure out based on description" I ment you have to think about it a bit, and you should find a way to achieve what you want.

Hint: The description mentioned only primary job causes stress.