Thread: Issue 255 discussion "one warlock 8 lvl destroying magic door on 25 second"

Question Issue 255 discussion "one warlock 8 lvl destroying magic door on 25 second"

bug link

"in keeperFX one warlock 8 lvl destroying magic door on 25 second"
    in original game, the destruction of the magical door takes 2 minutes 30 seconds

mefistotelis said he did not want to change the game balance and suggested discussion,
    there are levels that would be impossible to go through with this balance

Default Re: Issue 255 discussion "one warlock 8 lvl destroying magic door on 25 second"

I think after you mentioned this, he made some changes. Have you tried nightly 1083?

Default Re: Issue 255 discussion "one warlock 8 lvl destroying magic door on 25 second"

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    I think after you mentioned this, he made some changes.
    These changes only affect WOP, they have nothing to do with magic doors.

But I did started a related discussion here:
    http://keeperklan.com/threads/4570-M...magical-attack

I was under the impression that this was an effect of all creature abilities now scaling with level, to fix the speed/armor/heal connection the the keeper spells?

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dragonslover

Since the creature spells are causing more damage in KeeperFX, I think it would be a better idea to increase the health of doors, like I did in my patch.
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsLover View Post
    Since the creature spells are causing more damage in KeeperFX, I think it would be a better idea to increase the health of doors, like I did in my patch.
    Yeah, I agree. The wooden door lasts less than 2 seconds vs. any lv10 creature, that's definitely too low.

Maybe all the door health values should be multiplied by the same amount, ie x5 ?

Difficult issue.

Right now doors are mostly useless defensively, if the enemy army is stronger then yours, most likely the door is gone in seconds.
    However, almost nothing is more boring to do then going on the offense against doors, especially first person view but also waiting in early levels until doors are destroyed by your level 4 demon spawns. I hate having to possess a dragon and break down multiple doors with the useless flame breath.

And I think right now, the second situation if far more frequent the the first one, as level designers love doors. Any defensive use is usually combined with traps.

As for the wooden door, I mostly consider this a dungeon management-tool, not for keeping out heroes. Use Iron or Magic against heroes, braced against a wandering fly or enemy imp.