Poll: Which option is the best?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: What would be the best intended final situation in the original campaign?

Default Re: What would be the best intended final situation in the original campaign?

Let's kick this topic,... Since nightly build r1365 it is possible to kill the avatar with the Level script. It's now possible to play each of the options listed in this topic. I've made them all: KFXLevel20.zip
    If you have a new nightly, feel free to give them a try.

I hope option D becomes the standard KeeperFX scenario, as that closely matches the original game.

Options 'E', 'H' and 'I' are also very nice I think, as you'd have to kill the blue keeper but still finish the level with the Avatar. Blue needs a bit of a nerf first though, as with the new AI I think it is a bit too difficult.
    Last edited by YourMaster; September 8th, 2014 at 14:29.

Spider

Default Re: What would be the best intended final situation in the original campaign?

Excellent work! I'm gonna give it a go now. 2 questions:

We need a definitive choice made, but the poll has very few entries - why would that be?

What has happened to Dragonslover?

Dayokay

Well, very few people actually visit this forum, just a very small amount of those people have an account and can vote, and not all of those users are interested in this topic.
    If you look at the visitor numbers and page-views they look very high, but that is because on this forum they neglect to filter out all the search engines, which is the fast majority of the visits.

Dragonslover still comes around here sometimes, not very often, I guess he has other interests.

Ghost

My choice would be killing blue first and then have the choice of killing or capturing the Avatar. I Know it's weird to have the possibility of two Avatars on the map, but if there is one thing I love about vanilla DK is that you could capture and torture the Avatar.

Maybe an alternative could be, that if you capture the Avatar a new one doesn't spawn in the hero parties but you get more heroes instead? Not sure if you can script this though..

Quote Originally Posted by Krizzie View Post
    My choice would be killing blue first and then have the choice of killing or capturing the Avatar. I Know it's weird to have the possibility of two Avatars on the map, but if there is one thing I love about vanilla DK is that you could capture and torture the Avatar.

Maybe an alternative could be, that if you capture the Avatar a new one doesn't spawn in the hero parties but you get more heroes instead? Not sure if you can script this though..
    You do realize if the first one is killed by the script, you are allowed to capture and convert the second one? There simply will never be two avatars, and the first one can't be converted because he needs to return with allies.

One alternative I can imagine is that if you convert the avatar, and the heroes do appear, the avatar switches side again.

Your proposal is perfectly possible through the script as well yes.

Edit: Option F has been implemented in nightly build 1380.
    Last edited by YourMaster; September 8th, 2014 at 23:58.

Ghost

Yes I know you can take the second one, but what would be the point? You would've won the map by then.