Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: All sound suddenly stopped working

Default All sound suddenly stopped working

There is no sound at all during my game, not even in the intro :/

It was working for a while and it just stopped one day

I'm not sure what the cause is and have no idea how to fix it, can anyone help?

I'm running it on windows 8

Default Re: All sound suddenly stopped working

Quote Originally Posted by Keeperfx ftw View Post
    It was working for a while and it just stopped one day
    Sounds like you either removed some files from KeeperFX or just muted sound.

I know that's not the case though, I even reinstalled it and it still wasn't working.

Then it was working for like a day. Now it's not again. extremely annoying.

I haven't touched any of the game files, and I know that sound is enabled in the settings, both in the launcher options and in game.

Is there any sort of cache or something I can clear? if there is then that could be the problem

I know that's not the case though, I even reinstalled it and it still wasn't working.

Then it was working for like a day. Now it's not again. extremely annoying.
    If you can't get a clear way of reproducing the problem, then it may be extremely hard to fix.
    Note that noone else has such problem. This may indicate the reason is your drivers/system/hardware.

Is there any sort of cache or something I can clear?
    No cache.
    All the settings are stored in the savegame folder.

I was afraid that might be the case, I might have to try using a different method to play dungeon keeper.

Just wish it was as simple as running it from the disc :|

I remember it used to crash semi-frequently when the sound was working, but it doesn't anymore I think. Then again, the most I've played it without the sound is around 10 minutes...

EDIT: It also might be worth noting I haven't downloaded any of the patches, how would I do that?

thanks
    Last edited by Keeperfx ftw; March 14th, 2014 at 12:01.

Okay sweet, I downloaded the 0.40 patch, (latest one I think, didn't do anything after unzipping it btw) sound is working again (not sure about in game) but now an error message appears after I skip the intro.

It says: "Setting up game failed. This error in 'LbBullfrogMain' makes the program unable to continue. See 'Keeperfx.log' for details.

I'm sure this problem shouldn't be to hard to solve will it? I'm just assuming I haven't "installed" the patch properly. Help will be greatly appreciated.

Sorry if I'm posting a bit much, I really want to play dungeon keeper again!

here's the log file

Dungeon Keeper FX ver 0.4.0.386 (debug release)
    LOG CREATED @ 22:56:30 14-03-2014

Sync: LbMouseChangeMoveRatio: New ratio 256x256
    Sync: CPU GenuineIntel type 0 family 6 model 10 stepping 1 features bfebfbff
    Sync: PhysicalMemory 32
    Sync: Memory-demanding features enabled.
    Sync: load_configuration: Starting
    Sync: load_configuration: Processing Config file, 909 bytes
    Sync: LbMouseChangeMoveRatio: New ratio 256x256
    Sync: load_configuration: Config loaded
    Sync: setup_screen_mode_zero: Setting up mode 28
    Sync: LbScreenSetup: Mode 640x480x32 setup succeeded
    Sync: LbScreenSetup: Done filling display properties struct
    Sync: LbScreenSetup: Finished
    Warning: File "legal.pal" doesn't exist or is too small.
    Error: init_bitmap_screen: Couldn't load palette file for DK Legal Splash screen
    Sync: setup_game: Legal image skipped
    Sync: Full moon -0.0054
    Sync: init_sound: Starting
    Sync: LbScreenSetup: Mode 640x480x32 setup succeeded
    Sync: LbScreenSetup: Done filling display properties struct

I'm guessing using this new version I just select the keeper folder from the disc like normal so I can play? Can I just delete the older version or does it have some files I need?

Okay now when I try to install the KEEPER file onto the new version it says:

"The folder you've selected dosn't (yes it's actually spelled like that :P) seem to contain files needed by KeeperFX. Please select the proper folder, or try with another release or (yes another mistake should say of) Dungeon Keeper"

I have the original disk version so am I screwed? Do I need gold or something? If that's the case can anyone tell me the latest patch that doesn't require gold?

Or could it possibly have something to do with the other version still existing on my computer? and last thing I hope, I'm not sure if the keeper folder is actually located on the disk, its just under "files ready to be written to the disk" when I go look at the disc files. I also noticed when I tried to select the keeper folder again after saying it can't find the files, the window that pops up shows KEEPER in a temporary burn folder... which is empty

The folder in the disc drive contains all the files, but it says it's 0 bytes big when I look at the folder properties. Only when I open the folder it looks like they all exist

I'm just going to copy the whole KEEPER folder on my computer, this is dumb

Okay that worked, and I managed to do it all by myself

Can't believe all I needed to do was install the patch. The sound better not suddenly stop working though, but it shouldn't I hope.

Sorry for clogging up the boards with this dumb topic XD
    Last edited by Keeperfx ftw; March 14th, 2014 at 14:13.

Okay, what the !@#$

It was working perfectly again, until I got up to flowerhat, where it froze about 10 minutes in. Then after numerous attempts to play the game again (simply freezes at the first screen with dungeon keeper written on it) It finally worked after restarting my computer, but froze again, even quicker this time.

It might also be worth adding that the music stops about 10 seconds before it freezes....

aaaand now when I play it there's no sound at all again I'll be lucky if the map even loads without freezing too

Someone help, please! this is driving me insane

I have the feeling this problem can't be solved
    Last edited by Keeperfx ftw; March 15th, 2014 at 04:20.

I've had similar issues caused by my virus scanner,... see if turning it off helps.

It doesn't help unfortunately, tried it just then

Well, run keeperfx_hvlog.exe, and if it crashes provide your keeperfx.log so mefistotelis can see what the issue is.