Thread: Suggestion: Completed Campaign levels 'available'?

Default Suggestion: Completed Campaign levels 'available'?

One of the things that bugged me about the original DK campaign is that once you complete a level... that's it - You can't play the level again unless you replay the entire game (or create some kind of back-up of saves for each level)

Just a thought - What are people's opinions on the idea that once you complete a level in the campaign, it's still 'available' for you to play? I appreciate it technically doesn't make sense in terms of the campaign map (you've already trashed a place... yet you revisit and the heroes/enemy keepers are back in full force) - But I think it'd be nice to be able to go back over older levels and play them again, just like where Deeper Dungeons lets you replay any level until your heart's content

The only possible problems I see here are potential Transfer Creature abuse (i.e. you can replay a favourite level and transfer a high level creature to the latest level) - and potential confusion to new players (which flag is the latest level?)

Thoughts? Would this be an easy thing to incorporate at all?

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Default Re: Suggestion: Completed Campaign levels 'available'?

This is already implemented. Once you complete the campaign, you can replay any level. You need to complete the campaign though, which is the only thing, but I don't have an issue with that.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Fly

Quote Originally Posted by Mullertime View Post
    One of the things that bugged me about the original DK campaign is that once you complete a level... that's it - You can't play the level again unless you replay the entire game (or create some kind of back-up of saves for each level)

Just a thought - What are people's opinions on the idea that once you complete a level in the campaign, it's still 'available' for you to play? I appreciate it technically doesn't make sense in terms of the campaign map (you've already trashed a place... yet you revisit and the heroes/enemy keepers are back in full force) - But I think it'd be nice to be able to go back over older levels and play them again, just like where Deeper Dungeons lets you replay any level until your heart's content

The only possible problems I see here are potential Transfer Creature abuse (i.e. you can replay a favourite level and transfer a high level creature to the latest level) - and potential confusion to new players (which flag is the latest level?)

Thoughts? Would this be an easy thing to incorporate at all?
    So in version 1.7 now it's possible that you can play an already finsihed level again. But in earlier versions this isn't possible at least for 1.3. That will be a great idea to change it I think!

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stone_Knight View Post
    So in version 1.7 now it's possible that you can play an already finsihed level again. But in earlier versions this isn't possible at least for 1.3. That will be a great idea to change it I think!
    That's DKII. Muller is talking about DK1/FX. This is the KeeperFX section, after all.

Also they included this feature in DKII as early as 1.51 if I'm not mistaken, possibly 1.61. Though certainly not available in 1.3. I don't think anyone at this time has the capability to really change this if they wanted to for DKII.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

This is already implemented. Once you complete the campaign, you can replay any level. You need to complete the campaign though, which is the only thing, but I don't have an issue with that
    Ah nice! Didn't know that

That's a fair setup - I have no issue with it either

Thanks Rex!