Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: DK2 Asmodeus

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Skarok

Default Re: DK2 Asmodeus

Not really, with the braindead Keeper Ai you could easily take him out by swarming him with level 1 goblins on a frontal assault. Not just that they broke the entire AI in that version, they even removed all the traps in front of his guard room, making a frontal assault even easier.
    There is absoluetly nothing wrong with DK Mobile, whatsoever.

frontal assault is impossible because of all the heroes who will fall you in the back.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Skarok

The Heroes can easily be killed. You can even have your army fight both them and Asmodeus simultaneously and win without much of an effort. I've done so before. In 1.7 this should be even easier, as Asmodeus won't even defend himself.
    There is absoluetly nothing wrong with DK Mobile, whatsoever.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Skarok View Post
    I think it's a good design choice, as the level would be laughably easy otherwise. And it makes strategically sense for the Heroes to do so.
    I said that under the assumption that the Heroes in that map are very difficult to deal with, so if I misremembered that detail, then that changes my statement. I also said it with the idea of 1.3 AI in my head, which is what the level was designed with. If Asmodeus defended himself properly, it would be much more difficult to win legitimately as a result of the Heroes that would be coming from behind, unless I guess you just opened up an entry way from both sides and waited for the Heroes to attack one point before you assaulted the other.

I've said that Level 10 is both the best and worst level before. I think it's a pretty interesting level and challenging, which is why it's good. It's bad because the level of difficulty it has is very inappropriate considering the difficulty curve and the type of Players DKII attracts due to it's generally easier and more passive level design. There's a reason why people have reported hating Level 10 the most in the past. If the other levels had proper build up to Level 10 or if the rest of the game put on some actual pressure on the Player, I'm sure Level 10 would be just fine where it is.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!