Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Undead Keeper Campaign

Default Re: Undead Keeper Campaign [ WIP ]

The other things you said, yes, I understand, I would do it that way if I would know the map. But this way, knowing nothing, it is more fun. Playing maps you made yourself is rather boring.
    Well, I guess so. But it's just another strategy you can pick. I mean, yours worked, right?

My strategy:
    As I said, I waited until I researched a temple, to dug to the water. Reason for that is the prize of imps. I just throw all in, except for the level 3 one, and create new ones, throw them in also, until I have about 30 to 40 imps costing 150 a piece. With so many imps, the Gold is dug very quickly, tiles are taken quickly, and the killed imps become vampires. Than I would attack the buildings also, where I was able to get some extra skeletons. Thanks to some enemy traps, I get more vampires. When my Gold is empty, I put Call to Arms in the Training room, so no one trains, while I can react very quickly with teleporting vampires, that I used to capture the heroes.
    I can see my my strategy is so much different than yours. I waited untill I got the library researched the prison (maybe even before). And worked in that during that time to rescue the imprisoned vampires in the south. From that moment they are set free I immidiatly launch a great attack all over the realm, capturing any Hero, digging all gold, saving all imprisoned creatures and finding specials. My own strategy to fight the Keeper is fighting a war of attrition in the southen part of the Hero castle, letting it wear itself out. It can't easily replace lost creatures due the constant battles. I capture as many creatures I could of it, and depending on the creature, I would let it starve into a skeleton or let it die while torturing to become a ghost. But I never created more vampires because it was already much of a burden on my treasury.

In fights, I try to get level 5 Vampires on the front, because they have heal spell and immortality, while I try to keep skeletons with lightning on a distance. This didn't work very well, because as you know, skeletons are fanatic in attacking to the front, while Vampires level 6 stay at a distance for their drain spell. But that is the way to fight with these troops, so I use teleport and the skeletons running, in order to get my troops in that order.
    I sorta changed vampires in my DK, they will prefer to melee instead of using drain when level 6 and above. Making them signifcantly stronger and more useful (though they will take more damage).

Well, I don't know whether you ever played Belial in Deeper Dungeons, but there is only 10 creatures, having to fight parties coming in 25 and more. An experienced Dungeon Keeper, as I am, is used to this situations.
    I did mastered the Deeper Dungeons, and I have to admit I've been inspired by one of those levels where you had to rely too on undead. It's name slipped out of my mind.

I'm proud to say I playtested the first map.

I used Vampires. Worked good at level 4 and 5 for good reasons...

Then like me, you too have pawned all with little creatures. I've dealt with worse situations... I AM THE MASTER

And Duke, if you have any more maps please feel free to send them to me for playtesting!
    You bet I will.
    Last edited by Duke Ragereaver; November 15th, 2009 at 11:22.

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Post Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Ragereaver View Post
    I did mastered the Deeper Dungeons, and I have to admit I've been inspired by one of those levels where you had to rely too on undead. It's name slipped out of my mind.
    Abadon.

Any ways, you build your training room to small.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke Ragereaver View Post
    • You have more minions than your trainingsroom can handle. Making them useless against in the fight against the AI.
    If I would play this map again, I would maybe train all imps to level 3, in order to get more Gold from the Gems. The workshop is to small to make enough money to pay the Vampires. There is so little gems, that playing agressive is the way to go, so maybe not train imps.

Actually, I was forced to either use a ''small'' trainingsroom (I did use a 10x5 trainingsroom) to okay with the the limited gold income or using a massive trainingsroom with certainty of being bankrupt. That brings us to the other two points of the possible problems.

• With increased trainingcosts combined with your payday, your expensives skyrockets, especialy if you have vampires. I had to torture my minions sometimes to cut my expensives.
    • Expect that alot of imps will die!
    Imps... oh well... I woudn't really suggest training them in this map but it's up to you.

Ps: layout second map finished
    Last edited by Duke Ragereaver; November 15th, 2009 at 12:09.

Download it here!

Download it here!

I've re-uploaded the first map with some minor fixes and changes, but more importantly, the second map is awaiting to be conquered, Keepers!

Download it here!

Download it here!

Added the third map of the campaign!

Download it here!

Download it here!

Looks Awesome! Gonna try it in a moment!

What Editor program did you use to make this? :3

Quote Originally Posted by Harmadone View Post
    Looks Awesome! Gonna try it in a moment!

What Editor program did you use to make this? :3
    Adikted.

Download it here!

Download it here!

How much level consist the campaign, with 6?? She promises curiously

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    How much level consist the campaign, with 6?? She promises curiously
    I originally planned 5, but I've made an extra one in it, making it a total of 6. Speaking of it, the next 2 maps will be released soon, alongside an update with the older maps.

Download it here!

Download it here!

O that's nice! I like short kampaing