Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Undead Keeper Campaign

Default Undead Keeper Campaign

Download Undead Keeper here!

A short campaign consisting out of 6 challenging maps (no bonus maps) using only undead minions! Hope you enjoy this campaign, as of 8 September 2010, this campaign is finished! This campaign has been updated as of 03-03-2011

Campaign Overview

You have been ousted by a clan of rival Keepers led by the powerful patriarch of the clan, Bane. Most, if all, of your minions choose to desert you rather than fight for you and so you have been beaten back. Take your vengeance by using minions that do not fear dead and will stay with you to the bitter end, the undead!

Winterrage
    "Winterrage - In the cold and icy mountains that are in the center of the country, is located a big city filled with pesky heroes. A real battlefield awaits you, where the white snow should be soaked of red!"

Rosefield Cathedral
    "Rosefield Cathedral - This is a very holy place, which is not good for our undead armies. A lot of paladins and monks are visiting this place, filled with the disgusting smell of flowers. A real place to reduce to ashes!"

Arbor Heights
    ''Arbor Heights - This is an ancient bastion of everlasting happiness, carved into a mountain... bleh. I highly suggest to reduce this pathetic fortress to rumbles by flattening it.''

Drachenfeld
    ''Drachenfeld - Dragons with a fiery temper rule this realm, stomping and burning everyone foolish enough that stands in their way. It's time someone teaches these overgrown lizards a lesson in humility.''

Ashspire
    ''Ashspire - Of all the places, the enemy make his stand inside a giant volcano with superior numbers and forces. Prepare to flush them all out, one way or another!''

Dawnterror:
    ''Dawnterror - This is truly a forsaken place; you cannot see the sun from this place and the howling wind cuts to the bone, lovely. The only thing I nitpick about the realm is the presence of Keeper Bane, who still sits on a false throne while the realms around it burned down. Have your final vengeance here.''

Note: A big thanks to DragonsLover to help me write some of these lines. And A New Room for voicing them in KeeperFX.
    Last edited by Duke Ragereaver; March 31st, 2011 at 08:28. Reason: Update

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Post Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Default Re: Undead Keeper Campaign [ WIP ]

Sounds very good so far. I'm so pleased people are making DK1 campaigns

Nice level Duke.
    I played it this morning, and found no mistakes in it.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfist View Post
    Nice level Duke.
    I played it this morning, and found no mistakes in it.
    Glad to hear it. And did you enjoy the level overall? Just say anything if you think I can improve something.
    Last edited by Duke Ragereaver; November 15th, 2009 at 09:44.

Download it here!

Download it here!

Improve?
    I don't know. It's just a level without mistakes. If I play it again I will use another strategy, because I know the map now. I think you can leave it like this. Maybe some details that do not interfere to much with the over all strategy could finish it. Some spells or a special maybe, or a hidden creature some where. There is nothing wrong with the level.

Well, you did rescue all of the vampires, right? And the skeletons inside the Hero castle? I think this is more than enough creatures that you can find. I have to be careful not to make it too easy for the player.

About spells and specials, there are 3 in total. And 2 of them are inside the Hero castle. Did the AI beat you to it before you could claim and use them?
    Last edited by Duke Ragereaver; November 15th, 2009 at 09:59.

Download it here!

Download it here!

I didn't rescue the Vampires, because I didn't know the map. I used the sight of evil spell, and saw many enemies, the ones in the building behind locked doors I discovered later. But I didn't know they where behind locked doors, so I waited with digging to the water, until I had enough trained skeletons to survive some large fight. The only thing I saw was that the enemy Keeper had 40 creatures, me only 15, and that the enemy Keeper would attack the large hero building in the south, because I saw him using Call to Arms and had a look with the sight.

When I dug to the water, I discovered that the hero buildings where locked. I didn't know what was behind my walls, and dug by taking care not to open the water, that I checked with the sight spell. After I researched the temple, I opened to the water, and discovered it was easy there, and had to hurry, because the enemy Keeper was already digging some Gold.

This Keeper came very close to my dungeon, would claim his tiles from the path I had dug to the water. He had a lot more creatures than me, so I had a hard time defeating him.

My game fun was very much spoiled by KeeperFX, because the imprisoned Vampires did not return to skeletons, they just disappeared. I found out that creatures.cfg was changed by KeeperFX version 0.32, and made a post on that here:
    http://forum.keeperklan.com/keeperfx...0-32-t469.html
    I'm not sure yet whether I can throw away this file. I will have a look, whether I can find an older version of KeeperFX, or wait until Mefistotelis returns to the forum, in order to explain how to get the original creatures.cfg back in the game.

I didn't rescue the Vampires, because I didn't know the map. I used the sight of evil spell, and saw many enemies, the ones in the building behind locked doors I discovered later. But I didn't know they where behind locked doors, so I waited with digging to the water, until I had enough trained skeletons to survive some large fight. The only thing I saw was that the enemy Keeper had 40 creatures, me only 15, and that the enemy Keeper would attack the large hero building in the south, because I saw him using Call to Arms and had a look with the sight.

When I dug to the water, I discovered that the hero buildings where locked. I didn't know what was behind my walls, and dug by taking care not to open the water, that I checked with the sight spell. After I researched the temple, I opened to the water, and discovered it was easy there, and had to hurry, because the enemy Keeper was already digging some Gold.

This Keeper came very close to my dungeon, would claim his tiles from the path I had dug to the water. He had a lot more creatures than me, so I had a hard time defeating him.
    Well, I did hinted in my first post that most of the early fights can be defeated easily despite your limited forces. The key to succes to this map is to play agressive, capture and stave Heroes into skeletons (if you have KeeperFX this can prove a problem), convert them or let them die so that they can raise as vampires, and dig all gold. On this way, I was able to have over 50 creatures in total! But then other problems came in that caused many of them to die in skirmishes with the AI.

• You have more minions than your trainingsroom can handle. Making them useless against in the fight against the AI.
    • With increased trainingcosts combined with your payday, your expensives skyrockets, especialy if you have vampires. I had to torture my minions sometimes to cut my expensives.
    • Expect that alot of imps will die!

How did you manage to defeat the AI anyway with only 15 creatures? Even with level 10 creatures a 2,66 battle ratio is insane!
    Last edited by Duke Ragereaver; November 15th, 2009 at 10:48.

Download it here!

Download it here!

Talking Re: Undead Keeper Campaign [ WIP ]

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Ragereaver View Post
    How did you manage to defeat the AI anyway with only 15 creatures? Even with level 10 creatures a 2,66 battle ratio is insane!
    Well, I was thinking on writing some thread with strategy tips on this forum.

The other things you said, yes, I understand, I would do it that way if I would know the map. But this way, knowing nothing, it is more fun. Playing maps you made yourself is rather boring.

My strategy:
    As I said, I waited until I researched a temple, to dug to the water. Reason for that is the prize of imps. I just throw all in, except for the level 3 one, and create new ones, throw them in also, until I have about 30 to 40 imps costing 150 a piece. With so many imps, the Gold is dug very quickly, tiles are taken quickly, and the killed imps become vampires. Than I would attack the buildings also, where I was able to get some extra skeletons. Thanks to some enemy traps, I get more vampires. When my Gold is empty, I put Call to Arms in the Training room, so no one trains, while I can react very quickly with teleporting vampires, that I used to capture the heroes.

Let's see.

Well, I hunt for enemy creatures, that are not found on the tiles of the enemy Keeper, so the enemy Keeper can not throw in all it's creatures. I also tried to attack his Dungeon Heart, that I discovered by torturing creatures, that I captured from the enemy Keeper. Sometimes this works, but in your level it didn't, because his treasure and gems was around his Dungeon Heart, so he would bring reinforcements, when one of it's imps was attacked by my creatures.

In fights, I try to get level 5 Vampires on the front, because they have heal spell and immortality, while I try to keep skeletons with lightning on a distance. This didn't work very well, because as you know, skeletons are fanatic in attacking to the front, while Vampires level 6 stay at a distance for their drain spell. But that is the way to fight with these troops, so I use teleport and the skeletons running, in order to get my troops in that order.

These where about the tricks I used.
    I also converted one dragon to fight for my cause, but had to stop using the prison against the enemy Keeper, because it only kills my imps. Thanks to that Dragon I knew the location of it's Dungeon Heart though, a Dragon heals itself in Prison, so is cheap in torture. There is almost no Hatchery, not even a heal spell, that I was not able to afford anyway.

Well, I don't know whether you ever played Belial in Deeper Dungeons, but there is only 10 creatures, having to fight parties coming in 25 and more. An experienced Dungeon Keeper, as I am, is used to this situations.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

I'm proud to say I playtested the first map.

I used Vampires. Worked good at level 4 and 5 for good reasons...

Then like me, you too have pawned all with little creatures. I've dealt with worse situations... I AM THE MASTER

And Duke, if you have any more maps please feel free to send them to me for playtesting!
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!