Thread: [Room] Armory/Blacksmith/Alchemy Shops

Default [Room] Armory/Blacksmith/Alchemy Shops

I was thinking having these types of rooms would be a great way for the creatures to increase their stats a bit, and return some of the money that the keeper has paid them in income.

Armor shops would make armor of course, that could be manufactured, and used to increase the defense of creatures.

Weapons could be made at a weapon smith to increase attack strength.

Potions could be bought at an alchemy shop and use to give temporary stat boosts, or used as healing potions, etc.

Some of the money could be put picked up by imps and put back into the keeper's treasury, and another portion could be saved in a shop bank to slowly upgrade the shop itself. For example, once a shop sells 1000 gold worth of items, a new more powerful item will be added to the shop's inventory.

Having a research shop could be used to study fallen hero's bodies and the items they carried.

There are a lot of different things that could be done with shops of all different types, but the ones I mentioned are main ideas.
    Last edited by Keeper Chicken; November 14th, 2009 at 16:51. Reason: typos

Default Re: [Room] Armory/Blacksmith/Alchemy Shops

the stat increase thing is related to my iron digging thread.

I think it mush be implemented. However. it should be simple enough, not confusing and practical.
    http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6659/c2warlocki.gif

This just enhaces the fact that WftO needs a stat increanse thingy...

somewhere fun (i tell a lie it's actually quite boring, oh I wish I lived in liechstenstein)

correct me if i'm wrong but it seems like fdrom these shops you get both money and improved creatures? That's a bit too much. It should either be one or the other and I would think that if the armorys/blacksmiths/alchemy shops are implemented then YOU would have to pay for the upgrades

Imp
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: lunanoko

I think that if this will be implemented, you'll get a bit too far away from the original Dungeon Keeper idea. The point of the game is to build a Dungeon and have your loyal minions slaughter the goodly heroes. It's a mix between a rts and a god game. If you need to upgrade your creatures one by one, I the game will suddenly become something completely different than the original idea.

Also, aren't there enough rooms. I know that when I build a dungeon in DK2 for example, having a room of every type quickly means that your creatures can't find their way around your dungeon anymore. Also your dungeon becomes really big. Adding even more room types may be a bit over the top if you ask me.

Of course, armory/blacksmith might be combined with the workshop, and the alchemist may be located in the library for example... But then again, do you want to be micro managing all your creatures? I mean, if I have the ability to give a potion to every creature, then I will. Simply because if your opponent does it, and you don't, you have a huge disadvantage, so you will have to...

The latter is not my idea of a fun game.

The only way I see this idea being implemented succesfully is by combining the rooms like I said above (workshop + library get new functions), but then again, what's the point?

Not trying to bash the idea, I think it would fit in a lot of games, just not Dungeon Keeper.

Armory + Blacksmith= Workshop. Alchemy Shop= Library.

Not too much difference between those. Armour and weapons could merely be made in the Workshop. I feel those rooms aren't different enough to warrant new tiles.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

I agree, if we use something like this let's use Hapuga's iron idea.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    I agree, if we use something like this let's use Hapuga's iron idea.
    That was a damn good idea, I must say. The armor thing and weapon upgrading might bring some level of personalization in your creatures. Kinda like how the elite creatures in DK2 had their own specific look.