Thread: DK Mobile teaches how to save money

Default DK Mobile teaches how to save money

I just looked at the prices of gems in DK Mobile and realised.. with this game you can have Diablo III in a week!

How?

Diablo III costs 40$ at the moment.
    The most cost-effective pile of gems to buy in DK Mobile is currently for 100$, and consists of 14000 gems.

Speeding up digging of one tile in DK mobile (for which you would wait 1 day) costs 250 gems. This means it costs 250/14000*100 = 1.8$ to dig one tile.
    Now, you can select up to 3 tiles to dig (unless you already spent $ to buy more imps).

This means that by NOT buying gems in DK Mobile, you can save 3*1.8 = 5.4$ every day.

Finally, 40/5.4 = 7.4 days - this is how long you have to save to buy a way more advanced game. And you won't have to pay any more for it (well, unless you want an expansion pack - it would take another week to save enough to have it too).

Default Re: DK Mobile teaches how to save money

Comparing these two games is like having a choice between a cheap chocolate bar and turd: the chocolate may not taste very nice but the alternative is turd.

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Post Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

I actually do play the mobile version! It's a good game to waste time while I wait for my Dungeon Keeper Gold to load up, which is like about 20 seconds.

After that I throw my Ipad over my shoulder and don't pick it up for the rest of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by mefistotelis View Post
    I just looked at the prices of gems in DK Mobile and realised.. with this game you can have Diablo III in a week!

How?

Diablo III costs 40$ at the moment.
    The most cost-effective pile of gems to buy in DK Mobile is currently for 100$, and consists of 14000 gems.

Speeding up digging of one tile in DK mobile (for which you would wait 1 day) costs 250 gems. This means it costs 250/14000*100 = 1.8$ to dig one tile.
    Now, you can select up to 3 tiles to dig (unless you already spent $ to buy more imps).

This means that by NOT buying gems in DK Mobile, you can save 3*1.8 = 5.4$ every day.

Finally, 40/5.4 = 7.4 days - this is how long you have to save to buy a way more advanced game. And you won't have to pay any more for it (well, unless you want an expansion pack - it would take another week to save enough to have it too).
    I played the game for months digging up every single tile for free. I ended up with enough free gems to buy all the imps I could. I then closed the game and removed it from my phone.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Powtreeman View Post
    I played the game for months digging up every single tile for free. I ended up with enough free gems to buy all the imps I could. I then closed the game and removed it from my phone.
    But did you enjoy it?
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!