Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Conquest of The Arctic Bug?

Default Re: Conquest of The Arctic Bug?

Quote Originally Posted by Ecarus View Post
    lol. If im not wrong the max number of creatures is 255... so that exceeds what a normal level should have. Why so much creatures? Really? Putting 220 creatures and 900 things in the editor only for create that almost unplayable/almost corrupt level?

I dont recommend that, also I dont think that he will try again. If he cant use spells, cant hit doors, is very probable that he will be very annoyed and will not try again.
    Not very annoyed, it's just not worth deleting things bit by bit, it would take ages.

As for why this happened, I imagine the creator wasn't aware of there being a limit for creatures or 'things'. I wasn't.

Is there an easy way to get rid of every gold pot in the map without opening up the Editor (which isn't working on my PC) and deleting them all manually?

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: ecarus333

Quote Originally Posted by Gwame View Post
    Is there an easy way to get rid of every gold pot in the map without opening up the Editor (which isn't working on my PC) and deleting them all manually?
    As far as i know, no. But if you wish i can create a patch for this level so there will not be so much gold pots, things, etc. The Heroes will come through Action Points/Hero Gates and they will drop gold pots.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwame View Post
    Apologies, I meant Frame Skip 0. And it's the same light reddish colour that all in-game messages are written in, definitely in game. It's as if I pressed Ctrl -
    Quote Originally Posted by Krizzie View Post
    Seeing that too sometimes.
    This is baffling. This message should clearly appear only when ctrl - is pressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecarus View Post
    As far as i know, no. But if you wish i can create a patch for this level so there will not be so much gold pots, things, etc. The Heroes will come through Action Points/Hero Gates and they will drop gold pots.
    That's a good solution. Actually, I already started doing that, so you could continue this:
    cqarctic_united_kingdom.7z
    Last edited by mefistotelis; April 29th, 2014 at 20:25.

If you could patch the level that would be great, if it's not too much trouble.

It's the last level of the campaign and a terrible place to stop playing, ha.

I'm currently playing the conquest of the Arctic campaign and also reached the amount of things limit. Except it's happened to me on the Cold Reality level right at the beginning, when I try to create some imps. Plus no creatures spawn from the portal.

So I opened the level up in the editor to give it a quick overview and the level has way to many objects and things on the map. I don't think the author of the map realised that the game can only handle so much amount of things at any time on any given level, such as sprites and objects.

Plus, after examining most of the scripts for the campaign, I don't think he knew how to work with IF commands by spawning hero parties from action points and Hero Gates. This is what the levels would have been better of with instead, so that things only spawn when the player reaches a specific point on the map. It would give more control of the limit of the amount of things available on the map, instead of placing hundreds in one go available all at once. Such a shame. It's also such a great campaign and I was really enjoying it! The levels need to be edited to combat the problem.

Here's why most of the campaign is unplayable, take a look at the amount of thins they're on the level I've having problems with.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map00207.png 
Views:	17 
Size:	350.5 KB 
ID:	1468
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by darkkingkongman; July 18th, 2014 at 12:42.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: ecarus333

I forgot to make the patch s: sorry, but well, now i know that there are also other levels in the same campaign I will fix the entire campaign, for make it playable.