Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Conquest of The Arctic Bug?

Default Conquest of The Arctic Bug?

So I just played through the campaign, and on the final level, "United Kingdom", there is either a set of very strange features, or bugs.

Creatures can hardly attack. Wizards cannot cast spells, despite them being in their skill set. Even during possession, nothing is shot. Melee creatures' attacks are near useless as well, as they don't hit anything. I tunnelled into a new area and was attacked by several Heroes, and out-numbered them heavily, but the battle took extremely long as 99% of their hits were not landing, on either side. I had to speed up the game to get past it.

Unfortunately this also means I can't progress because setting my creatures on enemy doors is also fruitless. I don't think a single hit is landing.

After a while my Hatcheries stopped spawning Chickens too, so my creatures are starving and angry. The only apparent option is Armageddon, but there's an enemy keeper and a ridiculous number of hero units around the map, far too many to take on in one go.

I'm finding to hard to tell what's intentional and what isn't. I can only cast lightning around the dungeon heart but not in outer areas, even on my own claimed land. I can't create more than 12 imps either.

Can anyone shed some light on what's happening here?

Edit: Another peculiarity was that every few seconds the red text "Frame Rate 0" would pop on screen but disappear within a fraction of a second.

Default Re: Conquest of The Arctic Bug?

My guess is you hit the 'item limit'. E.g. there is too much stuff in the game so new things cannot be created anymore. Spells/attacks are things.

Get rid of stuff,... sell rooms you don't use, especially workshops. Throw away useless creatures. Sell traps/doors.

Is there no way to increase that limit? Sounds a little dated.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwame View Post
    Creatures can hardly attack. Wizards cannot cast spells, despite them being in their skill set. Even during possession, nothing is shot. Melee creatures' attacks are near useless as well, as they don't hit anything.
    The game has 900 things and over 220 creatures on the level just at start.
    This should be re-designed - creatures should be spawned only when the player goes near, and gold pots should be dropped by dying enemies instead of having hundereds of them on the level.

Edit: Another peculiarity was that every few seconds the red text "Frame Rate 0" would pop on screen but disappear within a fraction of a second.
    If the text is exact to what you wrote - it doesn't come from the game.
    The closest text that the game itself could show is "Frame skip 0", but I don't remember making any in-game messages in red color.
    If it's not from the game - I think the only component which could overlay such red information is your graphics driver.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwame
    Is there no way to increase that limit?
    No. Currenty the only option is to modify the level to decrease amount of initially used things, and playtest to make that computer player won't consume too much of them.
    Last edited by mefistotelis; April 28th, 2014 at 00:14.

Thanks for your reply.

Apologies, I meant Frame Skip 0. And it's the same light reddish colour that all in-game messages are written in, definitely in game. It's as if I pressed Ctrl -

I'll try deleting a few rooms or something like that. Maybe bridging over all the lava was a bad idea too, ha.

If there are a lot of gold pots left over, collect them as well. And kill as many enemy creatures as possible too.

I can't reach the enemy. I'm blocked by fortified walls and locked doors which I can't even attack.

Not even the Hand of Evil is popping up, just a mouse point.

Seems like this level is simply unplayable,...

If you want to try anyway, back to the original plan, get rid of as much stuff as possible,.... Creatures, rooms, gold piles, doors, traps. Note all things in rooms count as well, like chickens, bookshelves, workbenches.
    Hopefully the enemy won't grow faster then you can shrink.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: ecarus333

Quote Originally Posted by mefistotelis View Post
    The game has 900 things and over 220 creatures on the level just at start.
    lol. If im not wrong the max number of creatures is 255... so that exceeds what a normal level should have. Why so much creatures? Really? Putting 220 creatures and 900 things in the editor only for create that almost unplayable/almost corrupt level?

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    If you want to try anyway, back to the original plan, get rid of as much stuff as possible.
    I dont recommend that, also I dont think that he will try again. If he cant use spells, cant hit doors, is very probable that he will be very annoyed and will not try again.

Ghost

Thanks for your reply.

Apologies, I meant Frame Skip 0. And it's the same light reddish colour that all in-game messages are written in, definitely in game. It's as if I pressed Ctrl -

I'll try deleting a few rooms or something like that. Maybe bridging over all the lava was a bad idea too, ha.

Seeing that too sometimes.