Thread: Waterdrop Edge

Default Waterdrop Edge

Setting: StandardPlot: You have come to this realm with only a handful of skeletons to assist you. Exploring this realm is key for expanding your dungeon and swelling you ranks. I wish you the best of luck, master. This task should be simple for a keeper of your undertaking.Feel free to rate, leave comments or feedback.http://www.mediafire.com/download/rq...rdrop_Edge.rar

Spider

Default Re: Waterdrop Edge

I enjoyed playing this level. Some points:

The player can see all the lower dungeon when game starts. Maybe leave a square to dig out instead of a door, so that isbn't the case? It's an interesting dungeon layout, and it might be more enjoyable to discover it bit by bit?
    I bridged to the portal without needing to get into the block of 4 rooms - is that expected? I didn't notice when I received the ability to bridge
    I got defeated when I opened a room too early, which is fine
    I didn't scavenge any of his creatures, but we didn't seem to have any the same
    when I was ready to attach player1 I had 42 creatures against his 20
    He was aggressive to start, but defeated quite easily (in fairness 42 v 20, but he had warlocks and dragons, and I had mostly skeletons and ~8 bile demons.
    My skeletons destroyed his heart before I even knew they were there. I hadn't seen most of his dungeon.

I checked the logfile after the level and:

There's an orphan 'ENDIF' after the opening objective
    for each of the check for rooms, get rid of the '=' sign (just use '>')
    I don't think these minor errors made any difference to the gameplay.

Thanks for that. An enjoyable couple of hours!

Dayo

Default Re: Waterdrop Edge

I've played it as well. There's nothing wrong with it, quite enjoyable.

The level has very little going for it though. Early on you get a prison and a training room and you are free to open up rooms with small groups of heroes at your leisure. You get so many skeletons, and giants if you want them, that the opposing keeper doesn't stand a chance.
    I think the level would gain a lot if the enemy keeper would start to dig towards you right from the start, so you are forced to press on. On top of that you could take away the ability to build prisons and take out 1 or 2 of the prisons to curb the speed you get stronger.