Thread: Technical issues

Default Technical issues

Alright, so I've been working on my own campaign and i was just having a few issues with minor problems.
    For example one level which I have appropriately named "siege" is a big fortress in the middle surrounded by lava with multiple entry points for the heroes.
    One issue is the . They are just plain stupid! they get stuck everywhere and i don't want to change up my level so they fly though tunnels leading to the fortress, i want them to fly over
    the lava and enter that way otherwise it just defeats the purpose of even using them. They get stuck when the lava meets a land tile the just stop right in front of it. I'll try spawning them as individuals rather than a party and see if that works.
    And another problem is with the fog of war, i only intended for it to just show the land you currently own, like dk always has as far as i know. And its revealing wierd portions of the map.
    it reveals a big section of the hero tunnels, it reveals ALL the lava, and I just don't want it doing that. Is this a bug or a feature? and is it possible to disable it.

is there a max size for a party? because i had one party that wouldnt spawn, and when i reduced the amount of heroes in it, it spawned.

Also I could post my current progress on the map so you can have a look. I don't know how, but if you could tell me how i'd be happy to do it
    Last edited by veroba; May 20th, 2014 at 21:13.

Default Re: Technical issues

You can add maps by zipping them and adding them to the post. See attachment.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Attachment.png 
Views:	14 
Size:	17.2 KB 
ID:	1416

Also possible to upload to any upload website, like MEGA, and post the link.

New folder.rar
    thank you yourmaster.
    You can open this and see what i mean, it's in ehh trial mode you could say, the timers are set really short for testing purposes and i put avatars in for lols
    anywho you'll see what i mean by the fog of war being messed up and the being jackasses. I may need to update my fx, but i did update it not to long ago so it should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by veroba View Post
    One issue is the . They are just plain stupid! they get stuck everywhere and i don't want to change up my level so they fly though tunnels leading to the fortress, i want them to fly over the lava and enter that way otherwise it just defeats the purpose of even using them. They get stuck when the lava meets a land tile the just stop right in front of it.
    Sounds like a bug in the game.

And another problem is with the fog of war, i only intended for it to just show the land you currently own, like dk always has as far as i know. And its revealing wierd portions of the map.
    The lands which are revealed at start are:
    - those you own
    - those where you could travel from your dungeon heart

If you want a land invisible, and don't want to have a wall there - put a locked door

is there a max size for a party? because i had one party that wouldnt spawn, and when i reduced the amount of heroes in it, it spawned.
    Yes, party members are limited.
    Look at KeeperFX log file to check which lines in your script are problematic - KeeperFX validates it while loading, and shows warnings for all script issues.

Quote Originally Posted by mefistotelis View Post

The lands which are revealed at start are:
    - those you own
    - those where you could travel from your dungeon heart

If you want a land invisible, and don't want to have a wall there - put a locked door
    hmm I don;t remember dk doing this, has it always done it like this?
    and thank you for the info.

I'm having the same issue. Flies I spawn in from Hero Gates are having trouble getting out of the water. They seem to be misjudging their elevation. Not all of them get stuck but around 90% do.
    It's not affecting enemy keeper or player flies though, just the ones spawned from the hero gate. I thought maybe it was because I spawned them in water rather than on land but that didn't fix anything.

http://imgur.com/2kuHGUZ

Haven't checked to see if it affects flies in parties or pre-placed on the level.