Thread: Multiple dungeons win help

Default Multiple dungeons win help

Hi

I'm trying to make a map on DK2 with the editor and am wondering how i can win the game with more than 1 dungeon destroyed.

I got the hang of winning by killing certain creature and 1 dungeon heart but not more than one.
    any help is appreciated.

also is there a manual around on making single player maps?

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Default Re: Multiple dungeons win help

Quote Originally Posted by bloodprince82 View Post
    I'm trying to make a map on DK2 with the editor and am wondering how i can win the game with more than 1 dungeon destroyed.

I got the hang of winning by killing certain creature and 1 dungeon heart but not more than one.
    any help is appreciated.
    Add a Trigger directly under the Player desired to be killed: Event -> This Player Killed...
    Add an action under this Trigger: Flag -> Set Flagx + 1

Do this for all the Players you want to be killed.

For the Player you want to win under these conditions, Trigger under that Player and, When Flagx = x, Win Game

also is there a manual around on making single player maps?
    There is but it's semi-useless. It doesn't properly detail all the features / it details features that don't exist. The editor is incomplete, after all. You might be better off experimenting on your own and figuring things out by yourself. Explore all the options you have available. Of course, if you ever get stuck, you can always just pop in and ask.

The official editor is here.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Ok got it. thank you, but now i have another question

how do you make it so when a creature is killed/imprisoned/converted/etc... win the game but with the portal gem in a different spot, not attached to that creature?

I have the portal gem placed in a cut off region but everytime i kill/convert, etc... it wins the game but horny doesn't appear nor the portal gem.

Ok got it. thank you, but now i have another question

how do you make it so when a creature is killed/imprisoned/converted/etc... win the game but with the portal gem in a different spot, not attached to that creature?

I have the portal gem placed in a cut off region but everytime i kill/convert, etc... it wins the game but horny doesn't appear nor the portal gem.
    When victory condition
    Action -> Game -> Create Portal Gem (below Win and Lose Game)

You'll need to place the Portal Gem on the map by default as an object. It should appear when the victory conditions are met.

I'll be honest in that I've never tested this before. Normally I'm mapping a campaign like level, where the Gem is attached to a Lord or enemy Keeper, and it's much easier. Otherwise I just don't use Portal Gems, period. I ended up loading the official Level 19 for reference. Give it a test and tell me if it works. If it doesn't, I'll look into it in more detail and try to figure it out.

Tesonu is napping!

i did the create portal gem after the person i had to kill was killed and still no gem popping up after his death

i did the create portal gem after the person i had to kill was killed and still no gem popping up after his death
    Hm, alright. I'll look into this further when I have time to do more in depth testing.

Tesonu is napping!

I finally found the time to test this, and here is the result.

I had a theory as to what could be the problem. I did a test run with level 19 after I removed the Win Game command in order to test this theory, and the Gem did not spawn after converting all three princes. This goes along with my theory if it possibly not appearing until winning the game, but when I typed in the 'Do not fear the reaper' cheat to win, the Gem still did not spawn. I re-added the Win Condition but changed the trigger command to win after 30 seconds, for testing of course, but the gem still didn't spawn. Modifying the trigger in this case shouldn't matter though. I also remember trying to use the Create Gem command in my revised version of Level 12, but it did not work then either.

I do not know what to tell you. None of this seems logical, I don't understand why it isn't working when it should be or what the constant failure to work really means. But I do know that DKII is very poorly programmed with a number of things hardcoded that should not be. For instance, giving the Skeleton Army spell to anyone but a Dark Angel causes the summoned Skeletons to not disappear after 30 seconds. There's no logical reason why that would be the case, but it is, as silly as it seems.

That is the best answer I can give you. Perhaps it doesn't work due to flaws and poor programming in DKII itself.

Tesonu is napping!

thank you for looking into it for me, i appreciate it