Thread: scripting problems

Default scripting problems

I've just made a new map but I'm having scripting problems. I really could use some help on this. I'm trying to script the level so that when a wizard is killed a quick objective and the bridge becomes available but it doesn't work. What is the script command? Please help.

Default Re: scripting problems

You could try to make sure it is the only wizard on the map, and then use this command:

Code:
    IF(PLAYER_GOOD,WIZARD==0)

QUICK_OBJECTIVE(1,"You now have a bridge",ALL_PLAYERS) ROOM_AVAILABLE(PLAYER0,BRIDGE,1,1)
    ENDIF

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    You could try to make sure it is the only wizard on the map, and then use this command:
    Code:
    IF(PLAYER_GOOD,WIZARD==0)
    QUICK_OBJECTIVE(1,"You now have a bridge",ALL_PLAYERS)ROOM_AVAILABLE(PLAYER0,BRIDGE,1,1)
    ENDIF
    Tried it with just one wizard, but the information and the bridge appear at the beginning of the level when the Wizard is still on the map. Any other suggestions?

This can work, so either a mistake in my script, or how you've placed it. There are a few levels which have something similar, you can copy the script from those. Look at the gamescript of level 102 or 20 or something.

You most likely haven't set his allegiance correctly.
    Go into item/thing mode and hover over the wizard. Press O until his allegiance is HERO.

I'll bet it says he's unowned/unclaimed at the moment. The script is looking at it and going "Oh, there are no (HERO) Wizards left on the map, here's your bridge Mr Player, sir.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: ecarus333

If the warlock isnt hero this wont work, you have to correct it into the warlock correct allegiance.

If he is of the blue keeper then you have to write player0 instead of player_good.