Thread: 1-Player Mode is Broken

Default 1-Player Mode is Broken

For the past four-five nightly builds, 1-Player mode hasn't been working for me. When I click on a flag to start a map the hand appears to start waving at me and I lose control, and nothing happens. The game essentially stalls without freezing.

I'm not sure if this is just a problem for myself, but I've tried reinstalling KeeperFX, and no matter what, if I use one of the recent nightly builds the same bug occurs. I don't want to have to revert to an older release as developer now put in creature attraction to the creature text files, and fixed the Prison/Flee buttons.

I couldn't post this as a bug on the website as I can't remember my account details. >.>

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: 1-Player Mode is Broken

I have no help for you, but can tell you the 1-player mode works for me in the recent nightlies.

I just tested that and it seems this does happen, but only for certain levels.

Auxin, in the latest nightlies I have no sound anymore in KeeperFX. I do in the heavylog version. Do you have the same problem?
    The sound mixer keeps turning the keerperfx volume to 0.

No idea, as I haven't actually played the game on a new nightly version due to the bug I made this thread for. I'll check tomorrow though, as it's 3am right now and I'm going to sleep.

Thanks Mefistotelis for all your work. The attraction change made me really happy.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    Auxin, in the latest nightlies I have no sound anymore in KeeperFX. I do in the heavylog version.
    Normally I would think the volume is 0 in settings.dat, but that would affect both standard and heavylog KeeperFX.
    I can't reproduce that.

Quote Originally Posted by mefistotelis View Post
    Normally I would think the volume is 0 in settings.dat, but that would affect both standard and heavylog KeeperFX.
    I can't reproduce that.
    I've already reported it in the issue tracker as #306 with a log file and everything.

Still really strange, it is not the KeeperFX volume in game that is set to 0, it is the volume in the windows mixer for the keeperfx application. So no sound at all for the intro, menu, worldmap or ingame. If I press alt-tab, open the sound mixer I can turn the volume up again, but when I start a new level it resets to 0 again.
    On the worldmap the behavior is particularly strange: If I have DK minimized from the worldmap, I can't turn the volume up. Or actually I can but it is immediately turned down again.

---------------------
    I just managed to solve it myself by ejecting the Dungeon Keeper CD from the drive. And now even with the disk back in, sound remains.