Thread: Would anybody be intersted in testing a new custom map for me for DK1?

Default Would anybody be intersted in testing a new custom map for me for DK1?

I've spent the last week or so working on a new custom map. I've tested it myself several times, but I've ran into a few problems.1. Imps won't claim the library when the only wizard is killed near the start of the level, but you can claim it if you tunnel out into the open and claim it from the other side.2. Their is a party of heroes that won't spawn when a creature ventures into the action point. I've even checked the script and the command is set up correctly.3. Certain rooms do not become available when they are claimed, even though the script is set up correctly.4. Last time I completed this level, when the avatar party spawns, the level wins the game when the avatar is still alive. It's supposed to finish when the avatar party is killed.If anybody would like to test this level for themselves then I'll upload it here. I would like someone to test the gameplay and script to see if they notice the same problems. I need the feedback. The map was created using adikted.

Default Re: Would anybody be intersted in testing a new custom map for me for DK1?

I'm assuming from your other forumpost that this is AngelShrine and you're not having issues anymore?

If you still are, post the file and i'll look over it.

Default Re: Would anybody be intersted in testing a new custom map for me for DK1?

Quote Originally Posted by Woudo View Post
    I'm assuming from your other forumpost that this is AngelShrine and you're not having issues anymore?If you still are, post the file and i'll look over it.
    Still having issues. Here's the map. http://www.mediafire.com/download/g7...ngelshrine.rar

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Upon realizing where this thread was located, I moved it from the General Discussion forum to the Dungeon Keeper 1 forum, as it is more appropriate here.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Oh good, I haven't been doing much of my own campaign so it'll be good to get back into it again. I'll post issues I find, if any.

---

Alright there were a number of issues with the script, too many or too complex to bother listing. Lots of small typographical errors and incorrect spelling as well as some other stuff. You can check the two text files against each other and see what's different.

What was wrong with the Library? I.. have no idea. So I moved it slightly (lines up nicely with the hatchery now) and the imps seemed to be happier with that. Added another boulder to fit with the pattern you had going. It doesn't really sit right, personally. Helped deal with the giant in the last room that the other boulder couldn't hi though.
    Moved some gas traps, specials and gold pots around so they lined up better.
    One thing I did notice is you used spacebar to separate IF statements in the script. I'm not sure if it actually matters or not, but I use TAB so the spaces are always the same distance apart.

You have some overarching issues in terms of level design that it's up to you to address.

- You tell the player to be precious with their gold and give them a large vein at the beginning, but don't give them a treasury. It isn't possible to pay the creatures until the player claims a treasury near the hero heart at the bottom of the map. Thankfully all the creatures just went over to the temple and had a pray whenever they got upset about not being paid.
    - You separate the player's base from the majority of the heroes with lava and then decide to use heroes that can't traverse lava. Giving the player strong ranged creatures and the heroes melee-oriented champions such as Barbarians, Dwarves, Giants and Thieves just means players will resort to the ol' "Delete the bridge and bury them in arrows" trick. FOR EVERY FIGHT.
    - Even if you replace it with water, you gave the player Guard Post from the beginning. Guard Post placed next to a lava/water tile essentially makes you invisible to heroes. They won't aggro on to you because they can't pathfind to you so they'll just walk around and pretend you don't exist.
    - You gave the Heroes a Dungeon Heart but didn't specify that it needed to be destroyed. As a result, I killed the Knights first, the Avatar second and the Barbarian Horde last. I'm not sure if this was intended.

Change the win condition to this if you want to include the Dungeon Heart;
    Code:
    IF(PLAYER0,FLAG2 == 1)
    	IF(PLAYER_GOOD,TOTAL_CREATURES == 0)
    		IF(PLAYER0,ALL_DUNGEONS_DESTROYED == 1)
    		WIN_GAME
    		ENDIF
    	ENDIF
    ENDIF
    ---

http://www.mediafire.com/download/hh...ngelshrine.rar

I made some minor map edits after the testing playthrough, but didn't re-test. Hopefully things are fine.
    Last edited by Woudo; June 11th, 2014 at 00:21.

Thanks for your help. I tried playing it with the new improvements you'd made. But the map just crashes when it loads up. I'll see if I can tinker with it to get it to work. If all goes well, I'll reload it to the forum and place it in the 'Angelshrine' thread. Thanks. I appreciate the feedback. By the way, which Editor did you use for editing the map?
    Last edited by darkkingkongman; June 11th, 2014 at 10:47.