Thread: Mouse slow / unresponsive due to FPS

Question Mouse slow / unresponsive due to FPS

I've noticed due to the low default FPS of Dungeon Keeper (20fps), that at higher resolutions, it becomes noticeable how slow the mouse feels. When I set an artifical FPS of 30 via the launcher, the game and mouse go very very smooth, but then the gameplay becomes a tad too fast. Is it possible to increase the FPS just for the mouse cursor, but keep the game's FPS at default? This is nothing to do with Windows 8, I'm on Win 7 64bit.

Default Re: Mouse slow / unresponsive due to FPS

Quote Originally Posted by unbirthday View Post
    I've noticed due to the low default FPS of Dungeon Keeper (20fps), that at higher resolutions, it becomes noticeable how slow the mouse feels. When I set an artifical FPS of 30 via the launcher, the game and mouse go very very smooth, but then the gameplay becomes a tad too fast. Is it possible to increase the FPS just for the mouse cursor, but keep the game's FPS at default? This is nothing to do with Windows 8, I'm on Win 7 64bit.
    FPS and game turns are bound together in KeeperFX, and it would require LOT of effort to make them separated parameters.
    I don't think this is going to happen any time soon.

Default Re: Mouse slow / unresponsive due to FPS

Quote Originally Posted by mefistotelis View Post
    FPS and game turns are bound together in KeeperFX, and it would require LOT of effort to make them separated parameters.
    I don't think this is going to happen any time soon.
    Yep that's what I thought. It's strange that they didn't separate them, considering how well the rest of the game is programmed. It was common practice by 1995 to be separating game-tics and FPS. Ah well, the game runs pretty well and I'm very happy with how much better it is than dosbox ~ so erm, well done mate.

When I get around to it, I might have a go at a compaign. I've got some interesting ideas on maps, and I could try a voiceover as my english accent might fit the original game.