Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Seats of Power - Expansion Pack

Default Re: Seats of Power - Expansion Pack

nice project
    how about a beta?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Skarok

An open beta is certainly planed later down the road, but right now there's too much left to do and too many things that are too far from being done for that. Once the campaign reaches a certain state though, I'm sure I'll be able to put out a beta version with some of the missions and Skirmish maps!

Ah yes, new Skirmish maps are actually coming along nicely!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Firepit.png 
Views:	133 
Size:	422.8 KB 
ID:	1540

On another note...

There's actually another thing I've been thinking about doing. Instead of releasing the whole Expansion Pack once everything is finished, I could release it episodically and put out a new release once each chapter of the campaign is finished. Seeing as the campaign is divided up into three parts, there'd be three Episodes, each one coming with about 6-8 story missions and a bunch of Skirmish and MPD maps. That way you guys would be able to get to play the finished parts earlier and I could use the feedback from the earlier releases to improve upon some general design choices for the next Episode and roll out updates faster.

I'm not really sure which way I want to go with this, one big release or an episodic schedule. Once I come to a decision, I'll let you guys know!
    There is absoluetly nothing wrong with DK Mobile, whatsoever.

episodic schedule sounds like a really good choice, like you said feedback would defiantly benefit you for the next chapter.

Fly

How is it going so far?
    On how version will it be build on, I mean do you use for example version 1.5, 1.7 or the patch from Rex as basis?

Like I have seen from the video there are many changes in the graphic as the overall lighting it looks really good, and is there any other changes with spellls, doors, traps or creatures in progress?

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Stone_Knight View Post
    How is it going so far?
    I've been redoing some of the scripting of the first couple of levels and will probably have to start rebalancing some things due to Rex' new patch release, but I'm making progress.
    On how version will it be build on, I mean do you use for example version 1.5, 1.7 or the patch from Rex as basis?
    The main version will be for 1.3. 1.51 and 1.7 with the GIM will be optional versions and all of them are going to use Rex' Balancing Patch with a few modifications.
    Like I have seen from the video there are many changes in the graphic as the overall lighting it looks really good, and is there any other changes with spellls, doors, traps or creatures in progress?
    Yes, aside from the lighting changes I'll be using Rex' patch as a basis for balance and that alone includes a few new things for all these categories. But aside from that the SoP Expansion will also feature its own unique spells, traps and creatures. I'll be revealing more about them once the Expansion gets closer to its release.

Fly

OK thx for the informations. A next question is that I have played Rex patch, I don't know which release it was but it doesn't matter, that he has change the abilities espcially from the creatures very much and I think your SoP will include they also. Come to my question finally-> Is there any possibility to play your patch with the normal abilities we know from Dk 1.3 - 1.7?? I hope you know what I mean .

Gamer IDs

No, the entire Expansion will pretty much be designed around the Balance of Rex' patch, thus making it incompatible with the vanilla Balance. Rex' patch improves the gameplay in almost all areas in my opinion, which is why I am going to use it for the SoP Expansion.

how is the progress? i'm eager to give this a try, is a release in sight?

same here... eagerly awaiting this one.

Any new updates or things of the sort soon?