Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Seats of Power - Expansion Pack

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Skarok

Default Re: Seats of Power - Expansion Pack

Excuse me for the lack of updates as of late, but due to other concerns I haven't been able to work as much on the Expansion Pack the last few months as I'd have liked. However, I'm back at it again now and am currently optimizing the existing maps to work properly with the new release of Rex' Balancing Patch. This tweaking period should take a bit of time, but after that there is only one completely new map left for me to make for the first release. Speaking of that, I did make up my mind on how I am going to release the Expansion. Due to the likelihood of some further phases of decreased activity spent working on all the maps appearing again during the rather long time it'd take me to finish the entire campaign and all the additional maps, I decided to go for an episodic release schedule, thus allowing me to put out polished content earlier, without harming the quality or forcing me to rush or scrap certain aspects.

The first episode will contain the levels 1-7, with one bonus level, one MPD level and 7 skirmish maps. There is still some work that needs to be done before I can put out the first release, but you can expect more frequent updates now, as I move closer to finishing up all the maps.
    There is absoluetly nothing wrong with DK Mobile, whatsoever.

Glad to hear it!! I agree the episodic release of the campaign is much better as you described, maps wont need to be rushed giving you the time to polish them. Can't wait to play the first episode of this expansion! I will tell you my experience on each map and if I encounter any issues.

This is off-topic, but do you plan on updating the kasabian campaign at all with the new rex patch and working on the episode one maps? And will you be finishing that series aswell? Because that's my favorite campaign/series of maps I've ever played. It was very hard on certain levels - took me dozens of restarts on just one level to try and beat it. and eventually I did. I love the difficulty you put in to the maps - and it should not be any lower.

Gamer IDs

A small update: This is the official list of levels in the first episode of the Expansion pack.

Seats of Power - Episode 1

Campaign Maps

The seventh level is technically done, but I think I will use that one as the starting point of Episode 2, as its pacing makes it more fitting for an earlier map, rather than for the ending of an Episode.

Skirmish Maps

More Skirmish maps will be added with each Episode. The work on the MPD maps isn't very far yet, but I'll keep you updated once I make progress with those!

Quote Originally Posted by Crafty View Post
    This is off-topic, but do you plan on updating the kasabian campaign at all with the new rex patch and working on the episode one maps? And will you be finishing that series aswell? Because that's my favorite campaign/series of maps I've ever played. It was very hard on certain levels - took me dozens of restarts on just one level to try and beat it. and eventually I did. I love the difficulty you put in to the maps - and it should not be any lower.
    Unfortunately, the balance of these maps is very delicate and the changes in Rex patch would severely affect it. If I wanted to apply the new patch to the Kasabian Campaign, I would have to redesign every single map. So no, I won't update it. But once I am done with the Expansion pack, I will most likely do a second Episode for the Kasabian Campaign. The sort of maps in the Kasabian Campaign are a lot easier to make and a lot less script heavy. They won't take me nearly as long as the Seats of Power maps do.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    With the next update I'll probably post a few more screenshots and will talk about the dynamics of the main objectives in each mission, hopefully without giving away too much!
    Last edited by Skarok; April 6th, 2015 at 18:48.

Thanks for the small update. When do you think you'll be uploading the first episode?

-

Ah, glad to hear the kasabian campaign doesn't require as much time as seat of power does to develop maps. This meaning I get to experience the kasabian saga sooner.

Gamer IDs

Well, there is still a lot of work to do and additionally to that I need to get the voice acting recorded as well and implement it into DKII before the campaign side is finished. The Skirmish maps for this episode are done, but the MPD maps will require a lot of work. I can't promise anything, but some point during 2015 is what I am aiming for.
    Last edited by Skarok; July 4th, 2015 at 13:19.

Hi Skarok,

This does sound very good!

I have lifted Dungeon Keeper 2 again after a good long while and looking to find improvements,

Sound like you have a good story down, problem with campaign missions is they are always so easy on typical games..

When are you thinking of sending out Beta versions?

Can i be a tester

Exclamation Re: Seats of Power - Expansion Pack

Hello. its 14 / 8 / 2015 and i 'm waiting this expansion. is it possible for us to change our color? for example on skirmish screen, we would be able to change our color as we want. i will check here for news.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Changing the color involves swapping files in the DK2 folder to make it so that the game is, for example, referring to the files that a blue or purple keeper has to make Player 1 into a Blue or Purple Keeper. I haven't messed with it myself but I'm fairly certain it'll impact the whole game by making Player 1 into Blue/whatever, but of course is reversible. Skarok isn't actually going into the game's programming and adding in a new feature to allow players to change colors at whim. Even if he could, I doubt he would want to since DK2's programming is presumably very messy.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

found a game named "war for the overworld" its awesome we can change our colors as we want and even theme of our dungeon, theres tons of feature like survival, multiplayer etc. just saying, maybe someone wasnt know it and would like to interest with it eh.
    about dungeon keeper 2, if someone add changing colors, multiplayer system to it, i would give my soul for it ^_^

edit: even if this expansion didnt get release, can you guys share texture packs and tell me where to place them to get different color?
    i tried it myself, i did everything, searched everywhere on map. i downloaded every dk 2 map editor, i cant change player 1's color or dungeon with other players. tried this cause i have seen something was saying "you have to change color of that player in that map." and tried to access texture files of game, wad editors, i downloaded a few open source dungeon keeper 2 projects.. i tried everything but my programming skills are not as good as you guys. also good to see here is still active
    Last edited by Emre Bener; August 15th, 2015 at 11:18.

Perhaps Skarok will finish his expension pack sometimes.

I think most people here would have heard of WftO though, they started out on this board. See here.