Thread: Suggestion: create the missing messages to inform the player about blocked ways

Ghost

Default Suggestion: create the missing messages to inform the player about blocked ways

Sometimes can happen that you found an enemy spell book, but your imps will not pick up it if there is an owned closed door in the way to the library (or lava because you sold the bridges that were covering it for example). There isn't any kind of message informing about that, simply if you drop the imps close to the enemy spell book, they will do nothing. If you don't realize about there is a closed door for example, you can be confused about why imps doesn't pick up it.

However, there is a message informing when a creature cannot reach the room it needs that was introduced in nightly build r1133, and it is:
    "Your creature cannot reach the room it needs"

Will be good to have also meesages for:

- Unconscious bodies:
    "Your imps cannot pick up an unconscious body because the way to the prison is blocked"

- Dead bodies:
    "Your imps cannot pick up a dead body because the way to the graveyard is blocked"

- Spells:
    "Your imps cannot pick up a spell book because the way to the library is blocked"

- Traps:
    "Your imps cannot pick up a trap because the way to the workshop is blocked"

- Unfilled traps:
    "Your imps cannot fill a trap because the way to the workshop/unfilled trap is blocked"

mefistotelis, can you also add these messages as you did in r1133? Will be very good to inform the player about problems with unreachable rooms.
    Last edited by jomalin; June 25th, 2014 at 12:43.

Default Re: Suggestion: create the missing messages to inform the player about blocked ways

I would prefer to have one generic message for dragging all kind of objects to rooms, ie: "Your Imp cannot reach a room to drag something into: <room_kind>".

Ghost

Default Re: Suggestion: create the missing messages to inform the player about blocked ways

Quote Originally Posted by mefistotelis View Post
    I would prefer to have one generic message for dragging all kind of objects to rooms, ie: "Your Imp cannot reach a room to drag something into: <room_kind>".
    That's also good.

Well, i see you have done:
    r1226 Added "room unreachable" messages in more cases - when treasury, prison or graveyard cannot be navigated to.
    and i checked it for the spell book that works good and tells you cannot reach the library, but i found a bug. I am getting the message:

Your creature cannot reach the room it needs:
    Treasure Room

but the treasure room is perfectly accessible, there isn't any blocking door or lava. Also i'm getting that message all the time (spam). The thing is that my treasure room IS FULL, but imps can reach it perfectly.
    So the problem is that the game is confusing having the treasure room FULL with be UNREACHABLE. The correct behaviour is that this message appear:

Treasure Room full

Savegame attached, load it and wait some seconds to have more messages.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: ecarus333

Maybe you have another treasure room that is unreacheable, and isnt full.

Ghost

Quote Originally Posted by Ecarus View Post
    Maybe you have another treasure room that is unreacheable, and isnt full.
    No, i have only two treasure rooms and they are very close one to each other, only separated by 4 slabs, and i haven't any door nor workshop yet, it was near the start of the level. It is a clearly a bug.

Yeah, should be fixed.

Ghost

Yes, i have checked it and it is fixed