Thread: KeeperFX not responding

Default KeeperFX not responding

For the past week or so I've been having problems with KeeperFX. The game just freezes and locks up at random places and I can only close the program by using 'Task Manager.'

I get an error message saying (KeeperFX.exe not responding). Why is this?

Default Re: KeeperFX not responding

We don't know. Perhaps you have more information, like a log file and which version you are using?

Ghost

I have this too, usually when the game is running for a longer period of time or the map is getting busy (things limit gets reached and stuff goes haywire)

The standard Log file isn't showing much and the heavylog version runs too slow to play a proper game. ;(

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: ecarus333

It happened to me too but i fixed it, if you have a CD/ISO Image in your pc with DK1 game you have to extract it, maybe we have the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecarus View Post
    It happened to me too but i fixed it, if you have a CD/ISO Image in your pc with DK1 game you have to extract it, maybe we have the same problem.
    I still keep on getting crashes, but mainly on custom maps. where and how do I extract the CD/ISO Image?.

He means take the CD out of your computer, put it back in the box, and the box on your shelve.

I you do not have a physical manifestation of the game, but downloaded a copy, you would have 'mounted the cd'. This does not involve a horse, but a pretent-disk-drive, where you can pretend to take the disk out.

In either case, follow these steps:
    1. Press the windows key + E
    2. You'll see a little picture: . Right click this picture, and select 'eject'. The word eject may appear in your local language.
    3. Play the game, see if it crashes, report back.

Hey, hey! No need for sarcasm!

I do own an original copy of the game disk, and it runs fine without the cd. But every now and then it just freezes or locks up. It's the most recent version of keeperFX. Plus, Ecarus sounds like he's managed to the fix the problem. So I was just asking him how he extracted the iso Image. The game still crashes by the way at certain points on custom maps. Would you still be interested if I sent the log file?

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: ecarus333

My problem was because my game crashed or freezed in random moments, with a random length, sometimes was one 2 sec, other 10min. I actually fixed it by accident lol, because I was looking for a fix to the music 'cause it was buggy to me, so 2 problems fixed at the same time xD

I think my problem was because my cd is corrupted. I dont know nothing of logs, you can talk with mefisto

EDIT: Maybe your cd was corrupted before you installed KeeperFX, so your game is actually corrupt, and thats why it crashes even without the cd. You can try reinstalling KFX but with DKG from gog.com data.
    Last edited by Ecarus; August 5th, 2014 at 15:56.

Quote Originally Posted by darkkingkongman View Post
    Hey, hey! No need for sarcasm!

I do own an original copy of the game disk, and it runs fine without the cd. But every now and then it just freezes or locks up. It's the most recent version of keeperFX. Plus, Ecarus sounds like he's managed to the fix the problem. So I was just asking him how he extracted the iso Image. The game still crashes by the way at certain points on custom maps. Would you still be interested if I sent the log file?
    Sure a bit of sarcasm, but that was the solution he proposed, to take the disk out of the (virtual) drive. The GOG version is also legal, and comes as an ISO, not a disk.
    I know it works without the disk in the drive, that's why this could be a valid solution. If you already play with the drive, this solution doesn't work for you.
    I don't know how to help you beyond this, but you could report the issue on the Issues tracker, including the log.