Thread: Wishvale problem

Default Wishvale problem

Just encountered another problem while playing the original campaign in Wishvale in the latest version of Keeper Fx.

I can defeat the heroes ok but when I go attack the enemy Keeper. the Keeper has walled himself in with no breach point of access. I had to dig out a corner of his dungeon where his rooms were, cast call to arms against the comer and then use a ghost to blow my creatures through the corner of wall into his dungeon. They're is no destroy walls spell on this level either. That was the only thing I could do to breach his dungeon.

Default Re: Wishvale problem

Do you have a savegame of this?
    I think it is almost impossible for the keeper to wall himself in, with the direct access to the water behind the dungeon and the long corridor attached.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    I think it is almost impossible for the keeper to wall himself in, with the direct access to the water behind the dungeon and the long corridor attached.
    It is possible, but only if you will wait very long before your attack, and computer won't try to attack you.
    Once computer gets out of money, he will no longer give any tasks to imps, so they have time for fortifying.

About the water, the computer player may block it by digging to the gold behind - if he will choose to dig to upper part of the vein. Digging path always starts at center of nearest room and goes to kind-of-center of the vein. only "kind of", because the algorithm to determine center of the vein is simplified.

Unfortunately no. I overwrote the save file when I moved onto the next realm.

I know that the Keepers dungeon heart can be easily accessed from the water at the side of it. But he had dug out the top seam and claimed the narror corridor around the back of the seam. It's the only access point to his dungeon. And with the walls reinforced I could not gain entry.

Luckily, I managed to complete the level after performing that little trick of blowing creatures through the corner of rooms. Next time I'm on that level and it happens again I'll send you the save game file.

Quote Originally Posted by darkkingkongman View Post
    Unfortunately no. I overwrote the save file when I moved onto the next realm.

I know that the Keepers dungeon heart can be easily accessed from the water at the side of it. But he had dug out the top seam and claimed the narror corridor around the back of the seam. It's the only access point to his dungeon. And with the walls reinforced I could not gain entry.

Luckily, I managed to complete the level after performing that little trick of blowing creatures through the corner of rooms. Next time I'm on that level and it happens again I'll send you the save game file.
    Thanks for the whirlwind hint. Though a considerable amount of time has passed, are you still interested in a savegame?
    I am playing with gog version + KeeperFX Unofficial 0.4.6 Complete from here:
    https://keeperklan.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=121

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wishvale.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	496.0 KB 
ID:	1678

No, that's ok. I've reported the issue here.

I've also made a minor modification to the map so it won't happen again. You can download it from the issue. If I ever make an update to 0.4.6u I'll also include this version of the map.

Edit: The updated version of the map is now included in KeeperFX Unofficial 0.4.6.
    Last edited by YourMaster; September 11th, 2016 at 22:28.