Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Preview of my custom Campaign, The Barbarian Campaign

Ghost

Default Re: Preview of my custom Campaign, The Barbarian Campaign

I just started the campaign, almost done with the first level.

Ghost

Maybe I've done something wrong when importing the campaign.

But a lot of text messages, like a new creatures has entered or the text of a special is missing or just not there?

I get an empty text box when I hoover over a special for instance.

When a new creature message appears, I see the whole message except which creature has entered, there's just a blank space.

Spider

Open barbarian.cfg, and scroll down to 'text strings file...'. Change the line that starts with ENG to

ENG = fxdata/gtext_eng.dat

this should help,

dayokay

Quote Originally Posted by Krizzie View Post
    Maybe I've done something wrong when importing the campaign. But a lot of text messages, like a new creatures has entered or the text of a special is missing or just not there? I get an empty text box when I hoover over a special for instance. When a new creature message appears, I see the whole message except which creature has entered, there's just a blank space.
    You've done nothing wrong at all whatsoever. I'm having the same problem and trying to figure out why. They show up fine in freeplay levels.

Spider

In the 3rd level Runescape, KeeperFX crashed on me after ~10 minutes. Logfile said:

"Error: nav_same_component: triangle not found
    Error: triangle_find8: No position pointed at 9344,57216
    Error: triangle_find8: No position pointed at 2432,58496
    Error: path_init8_wide_f: setup_person_move_to_position: Boundary triangle not found: -1 -> -1.
    Error: triangle_find8: No position pointed at 3456,60288
    Error: path_init8_wide_f: find_nearest_room_for_thing_with_spare_capacity: Boundary triangle not found: -1 -> 4013.
    Error: triangle_find8: No position pointed at 9344,57216
    Error: path_init8_wide_f: ariadne_get_next_position_for_route: Boundary triangle not found: -1 -> 6989."

This is normally due to map layout complexity. But I have only tried it once, and haven't seen the whole map.

Also a typo in the script - 'BATBARIAN'.

Really enjoyed level 2 Harmspring. An long and excellent level, which I found hard to beat.

cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by dayokay View Post
    In the 3rd level Runescape, KeeperFX crashed on me after ~10 minutes. Logfile said:"Error: nav_same_component: triangle not foundError: triangle_find8: No position pointed at 9344,57216Error: triangle_find8: No position pointed at 2432,58496Error: path_init8_wide_f: setup_person_move_to_position: Boundary triangle not found: -1 -> -1.Error: triangle_find8: No position pointed at 3456,60288Error: path_init8_wide_f: find_nearest_room_for_thing_with_spare_capacity: Boundary triangle not found: -1 -> 4013.Error: triangle_find8: No position pointed at 9344,57216Error: path_init8_wide_f: ariadne_get_next_position_for_route: Boundary triangle not found: -1 -> 6989."This is normally due to map layout complexity. But I have only tried it once, and haven't seen the whole map.Also a typo in the script - 'BATBARIAN'.Yes, the 3rd level does end up locking up in random places. However, I have played it myself and it is playable. Make sure you save your game frequently on that level. I'm also glad you like the first two levels.Really enjoyed level 2 Harmspring. An long and excellent level, which I found hard to beat.cheers,
    Yes, the 3rd level does lock up in random places. Make sure you save your game every now and then on that level. It is playable. I'm also glad you liked the first two levels.

Spider

I've had a look. There are lots of heroes ready-placed on the map. It would help if some of these were added via the script using events or action points. You don't really want to publish a campaign with a map that crashes regularly.

dayokay

Ghost

I've just won level 3, it got more stable along the way. The more I claimed of the map the longer it would run without crashing.

I noticed that the vampires of the green keeper kept teleporting all over the map. I think the map crashed cause of that. Like they were bored or something and just started to look around.

Ghost

I just won the map where the yellow keeper has all the mistresses, only I didn't do anything to win?

I was capturing and converting heroes over the map and all of a sudden I've won the map..

I guess there's something wrong with the script, that killing all the heroes is good enough to win the map?

Quote Originally Posted by Krizzie View Post
    I just won the map where the yellow keeper has all the mistresses, only I didn't do anything to win? I was capturing and converting heroes over the map and all of a sudden I've won the map.. I guess there's something wrong with the script, that killing all the heroes is good enough to win the map?
    Yes. I apologise. It's my fault. The script for the win condition is set up wrong. It's currently set to this:IF(PLAYER0,FLAG0 == 1) IF(PLAYER_GOOD,DUNGEON_DESTROYED ==1) IF(PLAYER_GOOD,TOTAL_CREATURES == 0)When it should look like this:IF(PLAYER0,FLAG0 == 1) IF(PLAYER3,DUNGEON_DESTROYED ==1) IF(PLAYER_GOOD,TOTAL_CREATURES == 0)I'll correct the script error and reupload it to the forum.