Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Preview of my custom Campaign, The Barbarian Campaign

Spider

Default Re: Preview of my custom Campaign, The Barbarian Campaign

Nice to have a campaign review. However, keep in mind that the creator invested a great deal of time & effort to make this, so try to keep the review constructive & respectful?

Have the scripting errors noted by yourmaster above been corrected does anyone know?

dayokay

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: ecarus333

Sorry if im unrespectful, atleast in my country (venezuela) we talk like that and there is no problem, so is not my intention to be like that. Again, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by dayokay View Post
    Nice to have a campaign review. However, keep in mind that the creator invested a great deal of time & effort to make this, so try to keep the review constructive & respectful?

Have the scripting errors noted by yourmaster above been corrected does anyone know?

dayokay
    We've already had this conversation. The only bad feedback is no feedback.

No mercy for stooges.

Spider

Quote Originally Posted by Woudo View Post
    We've already had this conversation. The only bad feedback is no feedback.

No mercy for stooges.
    Take a look around. We are in a desert. Ever stopped to wonder why?

Because nobody is giving feedback?
    Because the people who played dungeon keeper when it was new now have a wife, 2.5 kids a dog and credit card debt and no time to visit message boards?
    Because low quality dungeon keeper maps chased people away from the game?
    Because everybody just went to the WftO forums as that is the newest game in the genre?

Spider

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    Because low quality dungeon keeper maps chased people away from the game?
    That may be true, but how do you think that could be improved upon? Chasing away new (usually young & keen) recruits with sarcasm and rudeness, or constructively criticising and helping to make their work better? I know which type of response has been in the majority.

It is a moot point now, as almost everyone has left, but do not persuade yourself that it was inevitable.

Gamer IDs

Because the people who played dungeon keeper when it was new now have a wife, 2.5 kids a dog and credit card debt and no time to visit message boards?
    Well you seem to have a lot of time

Now, talking seriously: most young people, atleast on where i live, find this game to be annoying and boring. I dont see any DK community growing anymore, even if we start to give feedback and create good maps, or if WftO never existed. Everybody is now focused on good grafics and realism over gameplay, I dont see the point of your comment @YourMaster. We are in a desert because time passes and thoughts changes, people want another CoD or FIFA that are the same than the previous one, not a reissue of a game that is 18years old, which they may never have heard, and that is from a game company different than EA or Valve.

That may be true, but how do you think that could be improved upon? Chasing away new (usually young & keen) recruits with sarcasm and rudeness, or constructively criticising and helping to make their work better? I know which type of response has been in the majority.

It is a moot point now, as almost everyone has left, but do not persuade yourself that it was inevitable.
    Sorry again, but im not a serious person and im 15 years old, i live in a country where people is not serious, that is my culture, that is how I grew up, and i know that any other venezuelan will understand me. I didnt tried to be a moron or rude, i wanted to give it a bit of humour that atleast on my country is understandable, maybe you cannot understand it just because we dont have the same culture.

I dont think everybody left because of people like me, maybe they got bored of DK, or they simply dont have time to spend it here.
    Last edited by Ecarus; December 11th, 2015 at 18:42.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecarus View Post
    Well you seem to have a lot of time
    I have a cat.

I think it was inevitable, I think this community, and the activity of the user base, is well above average for games from 1998. And this is a game without a real multiplayer mode, which can no longer be easily played on modern pc's (you just have to stumble upon keeperfx), with just 20+15 levels included. So what reason is there to still play it after almost 20 years? What is there to discuss. Most people who come here, come here with an itch to play it again after 15 years, and they are now more likely to just try WftO or Dungeons 2.

Beyond that, I think positive posts are by far in the majority, if you'd look at the last 100 posts on this board I bet there are below 10 posts just plain insulting(those probably directed at WftO, not at other users).
    Also, if you look at Ecarus' post, his review was generally positive on most of the maps, and gave reasons on why he disliked the other ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecarus View Post
    Now, talking seriously: most young people, atleast on where i live, find this game to be annoying and boring. I dont see any DK community growing anymore, even if we start to give feedback and create good maps, or if WftO never existed. Everybody is now focused on good grafics and realism over gameplay, I dont see the point of your comment @YourMaster. We are in a desert because time passes and thoughts changes, people want another CoD or FIFA that are the same than the previous one, not a reissue of a game that is 18years old, which they may never have heard, and that is from a game company different than EA or Valve.
    The DK has grown if you consider WftO,.... it is very, very unfortunate that this became a bad game so it will have no lasting appeal. They moved away from this board and made their own - understandably - but it a lot more active now than this one. To reinvigorate this community we need a new - and good - installment of DK and people will come. That will not happen so this board will die out slowly.
    This has nothing to do with CoD or FIFA, when DK was released you had also people who played first person shooters and football games. Games get better every year and people play new stuff, that only new games are marketed helps that trend. Only thanks to GOG are there some people actually playing the oldies for the first time, but this is actually very rare. People playing old games, played them when they were new. There will never be a big community playing DK1 again as the people who played it moved on.

Gamer IDs

This has nothing to do with CoD or FIFA
    It was just an example, i could have say DOTA2 or NFS if i wanted to.
    I have told some friends who love DOTA2, which is a bit similar to DK, to try DK1, and one of the most commons reasons that they give me about why they dont want to try it is because the graphics.

Spider

Yes, I guess all your points are correct. And @Ecarus, you weren't particularly rude, I just wondered how I'd feel if one of my creations was labelled 'stupid' but it was honest, and had praise also, as yourmaster says.

I meant to try WFTO but have been very busy lately, so haven't had a chance. Maybe over christmas. I think, like many others, that I want DK to be polished up a la KFX to be the game it could / should have been. So many improvements made, yet will there be anyone left to play it?

Multiplayer would be a game-changer, it's true. Has never looked likely.

anyway, happy christmas to you all anyway!

<curls back in to a ball and returns to his slumber>