Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Preview of my custom Campaign, The Barbarian Campaign

Default Preview of my custom Campaign, The Barbarian Campaign

The Barbarian Campaign

The Barbarian Campaign is about a group of normadic tribes people who want to lead a better life. By a better life, I mean one where they can ravage, loot and pillage. They are looking for an evil Keeper to lead them into glory, and, after hearing of your conquest on obliterating an entire Kingdom, they believe you are the only one worthy enough for the task. As you venture through your conquest, be on the lookout for Conan the Barbarian who is the tribes leader who is leading the expedition. Conan has also paid some devious wizards and fairies to also assist in your needs. Are you up to the task, Keeper? Or will you fail miserably?

preview

Below are the first twenty maps of the campaign that I've managed to create. This campaign takes place after the obliteration of the original campaign realms. I'm planning on creating at least twenty playable maps and maybe a couple of bonus ones. Once the Campaign is complete I'll upload it to the forum. Click on the images to see a bigger picture of each map.

1. Winter's Edge

Players: 1. (red) Heroes (white)

This cold Realm see's you going against numerous heroes, Keeper. They have established a vast fortress to the southeast. You need recruits first. Explore the rest of this realm before taking your peers on. You have also been given fifteen iron doors to aid you.

Harmspring

Players: 2. (Red) (Blue) Heroes (White)

Harmspring is a Realm that has been torn apart by years of war. There is another Enemy Keeper here with an Avatar that has taken a dislike to your presence. Plus, the Lord of the Realm also needs to be dealt with. Dispose of them both. In the proper way of course.

3. Runescape

Players: 3. (Red) (Blue) (Green) Heroes (White)

Two other Enemy Keepers and a Local Lord control this Realm. One of these Keepers is trying to amass an army of the undead. The battle for this land will be no mean feat as resources are limited. I suggest you do a bit of exploring first, Master to find a suitable gain of wealth.

4. Nirvana

Players: 1 (Red) Heroes (White)

The Inhabitants of this land already have a Hero Fortress here. They're planning a full scale attack on your dungeon. Hurry! You only have several minutes to wall yourself in and train up a suitable strong fighting force before venturing out for more resources.

5. Volcania

Players: 4 (Red) (Blue) (Green) (Yellow) Heroes (white)

Volcania is a land that is set inside a vast volcano. Over the years this realm has become a battleground for Keepers alike. Dispose of your three rivals here to prove your worth. This realm has no portals. It's also rumoured that there's an Avatar imprisoned here. Perhaps it's worth freeing him. His powers could prove useful.

6. Backwater Pass

Players: 2 (Red) (Yellow) Heroes (White)

Another enemy Keeper already controls this realm. Her dungeon lies somewhere to the north. She has a grand army of mistresses. This could prove to be one of those days. I recommend using extreme tactics, Master.

7. Demonicano

players: 3 (Red) (Blue) (Green) Heroes (White)

Two other Keepers are currently vying for control of this Realm. They're not yet aware of your presence. The locals here are also a force to be reckoned with. Conan expects you to use any force necessary to gain this realm as your own.

8. Hadrian's Wall

This realm is barricaded by several great walls. Researching the Destroy Walls spell is the only way to break through these walls. Conan also expects you to exterminate every last living inhabitant, including the good Lord.

9. Mystica

This Realm is currently ruled by a group of Avatars. A devious Wizard has robbed you of your plans disallowing you to construct bridges. The Wizard has also cast a barrier on our portal limit. Find and slay him before venturing any further so you break the barrier and gain the ability to build bridges.

10. Pickel

Players: 2 (Red) (Green) Heroes (White)

Some devious Knights are about to attack another Enemy Keeper in this land. You have been given an ideal dungeon. You have no portal or creatures and the only one available is located in the centre where the heroes are. You certainly have gotten yourself into a pickel here, Master. You need a plan.

11. Darckrock

Players: 4: (Red) (Blue) (Green) (Yellow) Heroes (White)

Darckrock earned it's name for the vast amount of evil that flows through this land. They're three enemy Keepers here that need to be disposed of. This task is perfect for someone of your undertaking I'm sure. Unfortunately, our Wizard's have been called away to more pressing matters and they cannot assist you in this realm. This could be difficult.

12. Labyrinthian

Players: 2 (Red) (Blue) Heroes (White)

A rival keeper by the name of Crassius controls this pass of the underworld. Crassius's dungeon lies to the north. The only way to get there is to battle your way through the vast labyrinth here of Labyrinthian. Crassius was once a man who sealed his soul into an evil heart to become a Keeper. Defeat this former adversary of Conan's by destroying his soul.

13. Castle Valadir

The Inhabitants of this realm have caught you off guard, Master. A vast castle surrounds your dungeon. You have no choice but to venture out and stealthily build up your dungeon by claiming the Castle as your own. Great cunning and stealth is required here if you want any hope of achieving victory. It may be wise to plan ahead.

14. Dragon's Reach

Dragons, Dragons... and even more Dragons protect the inhabitants of this region. Hence the name. These Dragons would make great and rare converts. Sadly, we have lost the plans for constructing a prison and torture chamber. So you'll have to make do without. Your objective here is to destroy the fortress to the south. Good luck, Keeper.

15. Arctica

Another keeper has decided to foolishly challenge your superior skill in this realm. Such an act of insolence can only go with the upmost justice of an extreme, slow, agonising and painful death. You will also find a small fortress of heroes here that also deserve the same fate.

16. Baron's Bayou

Baron's Bayou is an area that's controlled by a group of greedy Barons. My spies tell me they're planning a full scale invasion on your dungeon.
    Time is the enemy her, Keeper. Act Swiftly, or suffer a fatal defeat...

17. Necronaro

A Keeper by the name of Lucifer controls the crossing point here to the last standing realms of Valhalla. Some squatter creatures prowl the crossing.
    They shouldn't be a problem, but you can only attract thief's into this realm. Who will prove useless. however, there is a graveyard nearby...

18. Byzantium

The Grand realm of Byzantium is ripe for our taking, Keeper. Your only problem is that you cannot construct certain rooms, as there is no Library available.
    Invade the small Fortresses to find plans for building rooms. This will be no easy task.

19. Valencia

You have finally arrived in this Realm with Valhalla closeby. Conan and his men have also decided to assist you.
    Defeat your enemies here and we can enter Valhalla. Should Conan and his men die, then you can bet that all our efforts to get this far will be for absolutely nothing.

20. Valhalla

This is it, Master. the realm of Valhalla now lies at your mercy. Slaughter every nobleman and woman alike. Feed them their own endtrails.
    Conan is once again willing to assist you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Winter's Edge.png 
Views:	1533 
Size:	351.8 KB 
ID:	1488   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Harmspring.png 
Views:	1443 
Size:	345.6 KB 
ID:	1489   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Runescape.png 
Views:	1437 
Size:	389.5 KB 
ID:	1490   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nirvana.png 
Views:	1429 
Size:	343.2 KB 
ID:	1491   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Volcania.png 
Views:	1415 
Size:	368.3 KB 
ID:	1492  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Backwater Pass.png 
Views:	1404 
Size:	361.8 KB 
ID:	1493   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Demonicano.png 
Views:	1390 
Size:	350.5 KB 
ID:	1495   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hadrian's Wall.png 
Views:	1359 
Size:	372.9 KB 
ID:	1496   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mystica.png 
Views:	1344 
Size:	367.3 KB 
ID:	1497   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pickel.png 
Views:	1340 
Size:	592.3 KB 
ID:	1499  

Name:	Darckrock.png 
Views:	1317 
Size:	379.0 KB 
ID:	1500   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Labyrinthian.png 
Views:	1294 
Size:	321.4 KB 
ID:	1509   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Castle Valadir.png 
Views:	1285 
Size:	326.7 KB 
ID:	1512   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dragon's Reach.png 
Views:	1253 
Size:	362.3 KB 
ID:	1517   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Arctica.png 
Views:	1228 
Size:	323.0 KB 
ID:	1520  

Name:	Baron's Bayou.png 
Views:	1222 
Size:	307.3 KB 
ID:	1526   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Necronaro.png 
Views:	1203 
Size:	313.8 KB 
ID:	1527   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Byzantium.png 
Views:	1196 
Size:	348.9 KB 
ID:	1528   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Valencia.png 
Views:	1197 
Size:	339.5 KB 
ID:	1529   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Valhalla.png 
Views:	1193 
Size:	308.0 KB 
ID:	1530  

Last edited by darkkingkongman; October 10th, 2014 at 12:25.

Default Re: my custom Campaign, The Barbarian Campaign (Complete)

The Barbarian Campaign is now complete. Each level has been tested and is playable. For some reason the third map, Runescape freezes and locks up in random places, save your game every now and then on that level. But it is playable,as with every other level. Sorry if I kept you all waiting, but I was struggling to come up with concepts and ideas for levels. Anyway, It's now complete.If you have any problems then report them here. I hope you enjoy the Campaign. Feedback and comments for improvement is welcome. Enjoy!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by darkkingkongman; May 22nd, 2015 at 16:37.

Default Re: Preview of my custom Campaign, The Barbarian Campaign

I've downloaded your campaign, but haven't played it yet.

Why haven't you included a campaign file? Or don't you use KeeperFX?

Also, I notice there are quite a few typos in your scripts. You consistently have 'ENDIF's in the start of your script that are not preceded by an IF statement. Also, for example in map23 you mentioned, you have misspelled 'Player' 4 times with your creature availabilities. If you use KeeperFX you can load the level and then check the log for errors to filter out the script errors, or you can open them in Notepad++ and download the plugin I posted here to see any errors stand out in the script.
    The ENDIF's aren't highlighted as errors, but it is easily noticeable because the IF blocks aren't properly highlighted when you have to many ENDIF's.

Each level has been tested and each script plays out fine as it should. They're standalone levels for the time being intended to be played in order as a campaign. If this Campaign proves to be a success, then I may consider adding it to KeeperFX. provided that Mistfiststoetelis allows it of course. The ENDIFS don't have any effect on the overall gameplay at all whatsoever. Play the levels first. See if you notice any problems with the script while playing them ingame. Then report back to me. I haven't had any problems with the scripts at all. They play out as they should.

Never mind. I've updated the download link. Has a cfg.file and script fixes for level 23.

Quote Originally Posted by darkkingkongman View Post
    Never mind. I've updated the download link. Has a cfg.file and script fixes for level 23.
    I've redownloaded and see the campaign.cfg, however, the level script is unchanged:
    Code:
    CREATURE_AVAILABLE(PLAYERR1,SPIDER,1,1) CREATURE_AVAILABLE(PLAYERR2,SPIDER,1,1) CREATURE_AVAILABLE(PLYER1,TENTACLE,1,1) CREATURE_AVAILABLE(PLYER2,TENTACLE,1,1)
    No spiders or tentacles for the computer players.

Just updated again. Redownload it.

Warlock

And it doesn't seem to show up in the Campaigns menu.

Quote Originally Posted by Hades View Post
    And it doesn't seem to show up in the Campaigns menu.
    In the download that I've supplied, you'll notice that they're two folders, Barbarian and Barbariancfg. Open the Campaigns folder in the keeperFX directory and place the Barbarian folder that include the levels in the Campaigns folder. Lastly, open the Barbariancfg. folder and take the Barbarian cfg file out of the folder and place it into the Campaigns folder. The Campaign should now show up from the Campaign menu.
    Last edited by darkkingkongman; October 10th, 2014 at 23:16.

If anybody does get stuck on this Campaign, then I'm currently working on a walkthrough for each of the levels. It will be released when I've managed to complete it.