Thread: Who can I thank for including my levels? :)

Default Who can I thank for including my levels? :)

Hi there,

I recently downloaded KeeperFx for some good old nostalgic fun in Windows 7 and after playing through the campaign I checked out some of the player-made campaigns.
    To my incredible surprise I came across a bunch of maps I created, about 7 years ago.
    I'm wondering, who can I thank for including them and turning them into a campaign, with voice acting even?

I am also a bit curious if the maps were modified in a way, since I recall I had some script problems back then. Have people managed to play through them without having problems?

Please feed my curiousity, and thanks!

- Dug

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Default Re: Who can I thank for including my levels? :)

Oh hey, Burdened Imp! I remember downloading your maps back during the times of old KK when I was still a child. I used your levels as guidance / comparison when I was just starting to get into level design to try and help me see what was wrong with my own maps. I've recommended your campaign pack for others to try whenever the topic of FX campaigns comes up, as it's one of the best campaigns available from what I've played / heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Burdened Imp View Post
    I'm wondering, who can I thank for including them and turning them into a campaign, with voice acting even?
    Well Mefisto has practically every map ever made and published on his site. Over here is also a list of campaigns and map packs, and that's where yours is featured. All of these campaigns / map packs were eventually implimented into FX once it had separate campaign functionality.

Mefisto later requested voice actors for each of the campaigns, but I don't know who did the voices for what. Personally I don't like most of them as they're of lower quality, but that's kind of expected considering they were made by random volunteers. Although, I do like the Burdened Imp voice specifically, as I think it's very cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Burdened Imp View Post
    I am also a bit curious if the maps were modified in a way, since I recall I had some script problems back then. Have people managed to play through them without having problems?
    I've played the campaign on both the original DD and on FX at some later date after that. I remember you mentioning problems relating to the text, but I don't remember encountering such problems in DD honestly. It's been too long since I played it in FX as well so I don't quite remember if I encountered any issues or differences. I don't think I did. Although, I'm sure that if there were any text issues, they were probably resolved.

I'm fairly certain your maps weren't modified in any other way. It's true that FX doesn't use the original Creature data as it uses DragonsLovers patch by default instead (an outdated version at that). This has obviously impacted a variety of levels, but I think most levels weren't tweaked directly in any way. The only campaign I've known to be tweaked is the (Post) Ancient Keeper campaign, and that is a special case.

FX has the capabilities to refer to the original Creature data by default as it even has the functionality to re-enable vanilla bugs, but it hasn't for some reason and I'm not sure why honestly.

I hope this clears things up nevertheless.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Hello,

Well thank you for the levels. Here are the 'credits': https://code.google.com/p/keeperfx/s...edts.txt?r=290.

As far as I can gather, your levels have a positive reputation on the board here. And according to the survey(with just 40 participants) held a little while ago , after the 'Good campaign' and the official content, yours was the most played campaign in the game.

Media resources were made by polish fans, they're mentioned in credits (yes, in KeeperFX credits are different for every campaign).

Code:
    #Land view
    Joachim Zielinski aka Ninja

#Mentor voice
    Michal aka Czapa
    Here are the credits for your campaign:
    https://code.google.com/p/keeperfx/s...d/bicredts.txt

Here are the language files, including mentor scripts and translations:
    https://code.google.com/p/keeperfx/s...ang%2Fburdnimp

Levels might have been modified, I can't be sure - I'm integrating everything continuously, fixing bugs as they appear. Only level scripts are kept under version control system, so you can look how these files evolved over time. The scripts are here:
    https://code.google.com/p/keeperfx/s...gns%2Fburdnimp

PNG images used to generate land view can be downloaded in "GFX sources" package at keeper.lubiki.pl.

Thanks for all of your replies, guys. If Ninja and Czapa ever happen to read this: Thanks!
    And thank you, mefistotelis, for KeeperFX. Running Dungeon Keeper in Windows 7 with a res of 1920x1080 is very nice!

Well, I'm off to play my campaign then. Should be fun, I've long forgotten all the dirty surprises in them.

I'm currently in the middle of playing your campaign. The level design is fantastic and I'm really enjoying it. You must have spent some good hours designing the layout of the levels. They're worth playing.

Thanks.

While playing I recalled what the problem was that I was having back then. A lot lof those green information items don't show up. Which is a shame, since they provide key hints on what to do.

This is probably something that can be fixed. If you post some of the messages that don't show up, people here might take a look, and it will be patched and distributed.

Thanks. Maybe I'll do some work on it myself. I think I've been a bit too cruel to players, due to large amounts of sudden hero spawning on some maps.

Has anyone else (who played my maps) noticed that Orcs refuse to come through the portal in the last level (Dreamweave Caverns)?
    I don't get it. Can't remember if it was the case 7 years ago.
    ADD_CREATURE_TO_POOL(ORC,20) is there, as is CREATURE_AVAILABLE(PLAYER0,ORC,1,1).