Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Dragons are the worst creature in game

Default Re: Dragons are the worst creature in game

Shouldn't be much of a problem. First of all there are many ways to take down the avatar in level 20, you could use many dragons, horned reapers, possess the Witch and blow him into your or blues dungeon, whatever you like.

And secondly, Dragons still have heal of course, and the heal spell is not as powerful anymore, but that affects the Avatar too. He would have managed to heal through a lot of the damage your 4 dragons did.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    Basically yes, if you use a recent nightly build.

The armor of the dragon has been boosted and the additional problem has been fixed as well. It's not quite the same as in the original game, as fixes to the strength and agility cap, the nerfing of the heal spell and an increase in damage of spells did change the balance somewhat.
    Basically the dragon can now hold out against bigger groups quite well again, but in vanilla keeper 1-on-1 against a warlock/wizard the dragon would manage to survive forever because of the good heal spell. Now he dies eventually.

However, if the current implementation of the dragon is the only thing that bugs you, you could easily change him further yourself, by giving him even more armor, a second heal spell, or increasing the spell power of heal in the config files. This can be done by opening keeperfx/creatrs/dragon.cfg or keeperfx/fxdata/magic.cfg with a text editor like notepad.
    How you can give second heal spell, if creature itself can use only one? ( Or it can use second one, but it uses same time, does this increase healing then?)

No, I guess that won't work, so forget I said it.

There are some things to keep in mind in regards to strengthening the flame breath. When you possess a dragon, it is already very powerful because you can continuously stream its flame, even in the latest complete FX release. I could take down knights same level or higher simply by possessing a dragon and moving backwards while continuously streaming fire. It's not only fairly quick, but it seems to me that whilst the enemies are being constantly damaged, they have a more difficult time trying to hit you back.

In the original DK/DD it was entirely possible to kill a 10th level avatar with a single level 1 dragon, you just had to be careful for a bit before you hit level 2 and got heal... which came very fast anyway. I haven't tested this in FX, I'd assume it to be impossible or very difficult, due to the direct and indirect buffs the avatar has received. I recall emptying the whole lake of tentacles in Skybird Trill with a level 1 dragon because I foolishly dug there too early.

Whilst I agree that the dragon leaves much to be desired as a unit on its own in the current version of FX, one has to bear in mind its power when possessed before raising the damage stats willy nilly.

MirekS
    Last edited by Mireks; April 26th, 2015 at 14:40.

Keep in mind that the the attack stats are different in possession, so if so desired it is perfectly possible to buff the dragon in combat and nerf it in possession.

Edit: This is only true from version 0.4.6.1761 onwards by the way. For all attack animations it is possible to set different attack speeds in First person compared to normal, but before that version on flame-breath this is ignored and the spell is recast when it is still in cooldown.
    Last edited by YourMaster; April 27th, 2015 at 09:38.

I see. That makes sense, then. Thanks for the correction.

MirekS