Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Getting Computer Players to attack

Default Getting Computer Players to attack

Has anybody managed to get the rival keepers to attack the player through a level script?

As far as I can tell, non of the computer processes have any effect. The computer player will not tunnel towards your dungeon, and CTA does not work properly.

Default Re: Getting Computer Players to attack

In case people are wondering, this is the result of setting the 'Attack Plan 1' that is available for computer players:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	attackplan1.png 
Views:	114 
Size:	63.5 KB 
ID:	1518

As you can see, it consists of just random digging.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    As you can see, it consists of just random digging.
    Makes for some neat tunnels though.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Yes. Notice the tunnels are all neatly fortified, reducing the risk of an actual attack.

Is it possible to change an AI's behavior type with an IF command?

Say you set them up as type 4 (defensive) but swap it to type 0 (aggressive) after the player has 15 creatures. Would that work?

I was simply playing around with type 0, and trying to get that one do a direct attack. Without success. The two things mostly resembling an attack where digging long tunnels all over, or the computer playing using the wall-hug algorithm and just keep digging a long tunnel.

Both methods are not even close to launching an actual attack against the player.
    Last edited by YourMaster; September 12th, 2014 at 19:30.

Spider

Quote Originally Posted by Woudo View Post
    Is it possible to change an AI's behavior type with an IF command?

Say you set them up as type 4 (defensive) but swap it to type 0 (aggressive) after the player has 15 creatures. Would that work?
    NO. I asked the same question a while back, and Mefisto was very clear that this wouldn't work. Don't think he elaborated more than that. It would certainly be useful if you could switch keepers between defensive and aggressive during a map.

Quote Originally Posted by dayokay View Post
    NO. I asked the same question a while back, and Mefisto was very clear that this wouldn't work. Don't think he elaborated more than that. It would certainly be useful if you could switch keepers between defensive and aggressive during a map.
    I'm not sure,... it would be more convenient, but the difference between the different computer players is the different processes they have assigned, and different orders of the processes. You could at a specific point assign the offensive process (Attack plan 1) to the computer player with high priority. That has basically the same effect.

However, my issue is, that even the aggressive processes (Attack plan 1 and Safe Attack) do not result in an effective or guided attack. Not for me anyhow, but perhaps somebody has figured out how to tweak the values to get results. Or has some alternative idea.

If you want a computer player to attack, best use the Blue one.
    That is the most aggressive or intelligent computer player.
    The Green one will also attack, but is a bit more defensive.
    The Yellow keeper is the weakest, or most stupid, AI keeper.

Usually it takes time to attack, because all rooms have to be build.
    So give it lots of imps, maybe also give it all the rooms it needs.
    And not to much Gold to dig. You can script the Gold of the AI.
    The more imps the AI keeper has, the sooner it will attack, so you might give him some extra imps level 3 or higher.

The attacks with creatures, and Call to Arms, begin once the dungeon of player0 has been breached.
    Not before. Once the dungeon is breached, they will put Call to Arms on the Heart, Treasure or the Prison.
    The AI Keepers sometimes dig corridors, but once they have all reinforced, they dig along rock and lava.
    The AI Keepers are not very persistent in attack, unless they can claim the ground of player0, that they will defend once claimed.

Not sure how helpful this is, I never had that problem. Contrary, I often try to slow down their attacks.
    The AI Keepers will become really aggressive, if they don't have enough room to build lairs and workshops.
    They can throw all creatures at once, use spells much quicker than player0, but also do a lot of stupid things that wear them out.
    U can use a Tunneller to breach the dungeon, or put the AI Keeper close enough to Player0 that is will dig a breach.
    The script doesn't do much, the AI is already scripted to attack, therefor arranging the map should be able to solve the problem.
    Most aggressive are the AI Keepers, sometimes, once all rock and lava around their dungeon already is dug out.

Thanks for the reply. I'm sorry to break it to you, but the color of the player doesn't change the behavior of it at all. There are several AI's to choose from, and you can assign each to every color.

And I know it's possible to create the proper conditions in which the computer player attacks, which is not what my question is about. I want to directly manipulate the computer processes to tell the computer 'attack now'. Take a look here to see what I mean.