Thread: Need some help here

Cool Need some help here

Hey! I've installed GOG version of Dungeon Keeper, the new one that includes Deeper Dungeons and also I've installed keeperfx_ccp_0_40_complete(I tried to download the latest version but couldn't find a working one). My Problem is that when i complete a map its supposed to turn gray to show that I've completed it, which it doesn't do. And if i'm right i have to complete the 8 first maps to get to the other maps(which is news to me and i'm really excited to play the later maps since I've never done it before!) Any1 know of this problem? Have a solution to my problem? I'd really appreciate it!

One thing i've thought of is that when i finish a level, i get to the screen where u select which level to play in regular Dungeon Keeper, only it doesn't show any levels to choose, just a empty DK1 map, so i have to press ESC to get out to the main menu.

I have completed three levels and if some1 know how to unlock these other levels without having to play them again i'd be so happy!

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by KlasKalas; October 1st, 2014 at 18:34.

Default Re: Need some help here

You don't have to complete the first 8 deeper dungeon maps to play the final 3. You can just scroll down.

Here you'll find a working version of the latest release: http://keeper.lubiki.pl/html/dk_keeperfx_dwnld.php

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    You don't have to complete the first 8 deeper dungeon maps to play the final 3. You can just scroll down.

Here you'll find a working version of the latest release: http://keeper.lubiki.pl/html/dk_keeperfx_dwnld.php
    Hmm alright, i guess the scrolling button is broken then, I've been pounding on it with great force and nothing happens.
    Maybe it'll work with 0.4.5 thanx for the link.

If not, let us know. Also if you still have the issues that you can't see which levels are completed.

For some reason my download stops, it's the same problem i had yesterday when trying to download it. I start download, it works fine for a couple of minutes then it just stops when i got around 15-30mb. I've turned off my antivirus and firewall and no difference, does the that link work for you?

Well, I currently live somewhere where internet is so slow, it would be quicker to get movies through a homing pigeon with a USB drive than to download it, so I can't actually help you there. The download is starting for me,.... I don't know if it would go beyond 30 MB. Perhaps somebody else can try.

Here is an alternative link: http://keeperfx.mystic-gamers.org/

Everything was solved with the new version, except for being able to scroll to the Deeper Dungeon Maps i haven't playd but now i can try my theory of completing the maps to unlock the rest ^^

Thanx for the help!
    Last edited by KlasKalas; October 2nd, 2014 at 12:53.

You can try, but it won't work for sure. The 'Free play levels' are just that, a list of all playable levels. This included the deeper dungeon maps, but all custom maps you download will shop up there as well.

You really should be able to scroll. You'd have to figure out why it won't work,... are you sure you're clicking the correct location?
    If the button doesn't work, perhaps there is a problem with the resolution,.... You could try to install the latest nightly, or clicking somewhere next in the list to see if that won't work.

If all else fails, you could try to temporary delete the maps you've already completed from the \KeeperFX\levels folder, so the maps further down the bottom show up.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    You can try, but it won't work for sure. The 'Free play levels' are just that, a list of all playable levels. This included the deeper dungeon maps, but all custom maps you download will shop up there as well.

You really should be able to scroll. You'd have to figure out why it won't work,... are you sure you're clicking the correct location?
    If the button doesn't work, perhaps there is a problem with the resolution,.... You could try to install the latest nightly, or clicking somewhere next in the list to see if that won't work.

If all else fails, you could try to temporary delete the maps you've already completed from the \KeeperFX\levels folder, so the maps further down the bottom show up.
    You were right! It was something with the resolution, i had to click waay out from the actual button, i just assumed that there were no more maps since the scrollbar and button were gray no matter what i did.
    Now its time for new maps! Thanks alot and wish me luck!

Ok,... not sure what issue you're having, but some fixes related to this have been made since the latest full release. Most likely if you download the latest nightly you should not have this issue (See the link in the previous post, a nightly build is just 3MB, so should work for you no problem.
    Also, if you've made changes to the frontend_res in keeper.cfg, that could have caused this. If so, be sure to keep the menu-resolution at 640x480x32.

Enjoy the final few levels.