Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: My very 1st maps by UM21

  
  1. #1
    Demon Spawn UnknownMaster21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    177

    Default My very 1st maps by UM21

    bohandpm.zip


    Bane of Har and Plotsmlokker. These maps have separated in two. Used with latest script commands and Adikted.


    Have fun! And if good positive reviews will income, I might start to make whole campaign about Heroes of Har and you, keeper!

    EDIT: Bane of Har will come first, then Plotsmlokker.


    EDIT: And as for curious peek: ( there is even story and plot of it )
    Last edited by UnknownMaster21; October 10th, 2014 at 22:14.

  2. #2

    Default Re: My very 1st maps by UM21

    I haven't played them yet, but opening the script I noticed that you've included 'LEVEL_VERSION(1)' in the levels, and used these as creature commands:
    CREATURE_AVAILABLE(ALL_PLAYERS,WIZARD,1,1)

    This way you'll always receive a wizard, forced. What you want is this:

    CREATURE_AVAILABLE(ALL_PLAYERS,WIZARD,1,0)

  3. #3
    Demon Spawn UnknownMaster21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    177

    Default Re: My very 1st maps by UM21

    Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    I haven't played them yet, but opening the script I noticed that you've included 'LEVEL_VERSION(1)' in the levels, and used these as creature commands:
    CREATURE_AVAILABLE(ALL_PLAYERS,WIZARD,1,1)

    This way you'll always receive a wizard, forced. What you want is this:

    CREATURE_AVAILABLE(ALL_PLAYERS,WIZARD,1,0)
    Actually, yes, that is true, but please try it. Nothing special as very first map, but give a try and try to enjoy

  4. #4

    Default Re: My very 1st maps by UM21

    Had a go at playing the first level. I must say you've come up with an interesting level design, very interesting indeed.

    I can claim all the unclaimed rooms, fortify my dungeon, and covert the level 10 wizard and barbarian in the narrow corridor to the north, and even claim the increase level special.

    But the problem is, just how are you suppose to win against an invading party of tunnellers with 2 level 10 Horned Reapers? Plus, with no training room available, you practically get wiped out. Or do you slaughter them by constructing a couple of boulder traps in the workshop? Am I right?

  5. #5
    Demon Spawn UnknownMaster21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    177

    Default Re: My very 1st maps by UM21

    Quote Originally Posted by darkkingkongman View Post
    Had a go at playing the first level. I must say you've come up with an interesting level design, very interesting indeed.

    I can claim all the unclaimed rooms, fortify my dungeon, and covert the level 10 wizard and barbarian in the narrow corridor to the north, and even claim the increase level special.

    But the problem is, just how are you suppose to win against an invading party of tunnellers with 2 level 10 Horned Reapers? Plus, with no training room available, you practically get wiped out. Or do you slaughter them by constructing a couple of boulder traps in the workshop? Am I right?

    Well, the options of how you win the game varies. I do not know how the heck you have boulder traps if only available trap is Word of Power

    Well, use imprison option, build a straight from workshop to the right as long as impenetrable rock goes, and set up the whole straight with traps. They will get knocked out and imps will drag them to prison, where you heal them and convert them

    Green keeper usually loses, but sometimes a fancy thing happens and oh boy a brutal, funny thing happens.

    Oh btw, I am making a campaign of the Heroes of Har, so... stay tuned!

  6. #6

    Default Re: My very 1st maps by UM21

    I've finished the level,...

    My first attempt I died quickly to the invading reapers. Second time around I managed to reinforce the walls in time, but this caused the level to almost complete itself. When I dug out of my dungeon, the heroes and keepers had attacked each other and I was attacked by two reapers who just needed one hit to capture. Those two converted reapers alone were enough to defeat the 3 keepers, who only had low level creatures.

    The final battle had a lot of avatars, but these posed no problem because I had level 10 reapers and avatars myself, and I could just take them on one at a time.

    It was nice to have some objectives on the map, but I would spread them out more. The first few minutes you get a lot of messages because of all the rooms claimed, and then all those objectives as well. I'd start with a single objective, and give more messages later on.

  7. #7
    Demon Spawn UnknownMaster21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    177

    Default Re: My very 1st maps by UM21

    Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    I've finished the level,...

    My first attempt I died quickly to the invading reapers. Second time around I managed to reinforce the walls in time, but this caused the level to almost complete itself. When I dug out of my dungeon, the heroes and keepers had attacked each other and I was attacked by two reapers who just needed one hit to capture. Those two converted reapers alone were enough to defeat the 3 keepers, who only had low level creatures.

    The final battle had a lot of avatars, but these posed no problem because I had level 10 reapers and avatars myself, and I could just take them on one at a time.

    It was nice to have some objectives on the map, but I would spread them out more. The first few minutes you get a lot of messages because of all the rooms claimed, and then all those objectives as well. I'd start with a single objective, and give more messages later on.
    Consider it done! ( I mean, yes, good to know to continue for the campaign )

    Now, try a harder one ( hehe, if it even is, no idea though )


    EDIT: Sometimes, the first one, the green one actually survives, and gets stronger and eventually destroys Blue/Yellow keeper, by shooters

  8. #8

    Default Re: My very 1st maps by UM21

    I've played both.
    Bane of Har, I did it the same way Yourmaster played it, just enough time to reinforce the walls.

    The dragons where able to train from the lava.
    First time ever that I noticed dragons training from a lair bordering to lava.
    I always presumed the training of dragons at a lair bordering lava was a hoax, until I saw it in this map.
    Once I had conquered a training room, this stopped, because the dragons would walk there all the time.
    The map becomes easier, once you know some secrets.

    Plotsmlokker didn't work for me, because those irritating heroes suddenly started to attack my Dungeon Heart until it was destroyed.

  9. #9

    Default Re: My very 1st maps by UM21

    Quote Originally Posted by 0etelaer View Post
    I always presumed the training of dragons at a lair bordering lava was a hoax, until I saw it in this map.
    It sort of was,.... Dragons/Tentacles/Warlocks have always gained experience next to Lava/Water/Gold but at such an extremely low level it was basically 0.

    In KeeperFX the values are increased dramatically to become actually worth it,... dragons train fast so I still train them in the training room, but my tentacles always get a lair next to water(I even build a map around this) and I always save a block of gold for my warlocks to train a few levels for free without crowding up my training room.
    Last edited by YourMaster; April 26th, 2016 at 00:04.

  10. #10

    Default Re: My very 1st maps by UM21

    both levels are pretty good

    1.thought about possesing fairy and attacking the creatures in lair to get level 4 but no possession is allowed.then thought about locking reaper with heal spell after he gets mad and grant all the melee creatures some levels but no spells around to lock him,so it looked challenging but you gave us unlimited gold and create imp (use hounds flame to kill wizard and barbarian) + orc hound and dragon makes a reaper 2 of them are already level 8 so you are ready for action since you can back up your reaper with more level 2 reapers due to unlimited creature coming out of the portal

    2.drop imp to unclaimed portal dig to the level 7 white reaper he will kill both keepers,yellow keeper only has 2 or 3 vampires rest of the creatures are level 1 since he builds rooms by 2x2 for some reason so gold suply is more than enough to prepare

Similar Threads

  1. My maps
    By Ben Shepherdly in forum DK2 Maps
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: March 11th, 2019, 19:18
  2. How do i upload my maps?
    By darkkingkongman in forum DK2 Maps
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: May 31st, 2013, 12:56
  3. Can not overwrite Maps/save new maps
    By Taliasam in forum DK1 Mapmaking
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: November 10th, 2012, 14:56
  4. Cannot edit maps
    By Dungeon_Master in forum DK1 Mapmaking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: August 19th, 2011, 04:11
  5. MPD Maps?
    By Snofeld in forum DK2 Mapmaking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: October 23rd, 2010, 23:07

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •