Thread: Undead Keeper campaign KeeperFX balance issue?

Default Undead Keeper campaign KeeperFX balance issue?

Hi. I am trying out KeeperFX for the first time, and I starting to work at some of the campaigns. (I'm using ver 0.4.5.1395.)

I started the the Undead Keeper campaign (as opposed to the Post Undead Keeper campaign).

I am struggling to complete the first level, however. I have been fairly aggressive, but I have just reached the point where some of my creatures (36 skeletons, four ghosts and three vampires) are coming into level 10, and the enemy keeper is advancing with 40 creatures... most of who completely outclass my skeletons. Is this an issue that has been exascerbated by KeeperFX's creature rebalancing? (If so, it's probably not a completable level.) I can't think what I could have done much differently, other than been slightly faster with advancing (but if I'd advanced much faster, I'd have struggled to overcome the heroes to capture them without losing precious creatures). Or potentially setting up even more training rooms which would run down the funds faster. I thought perhaps the special in the hero's castle might have been a Multiply creatures (which I thought might have given me a small chance), but it was a reveal map... Further, one assumes you have to somehow knobble the heroes without killing their dungeon heart to avoid taking out the doors which seperates them from the enemy keeper.

Without boulder traps, only one side of gems (and vampires being so expensive), I am struggling to see how to beat a nearly equivilent number of better creatures... even if I had unlimited time.

Am I missing something here?

Help and suggestions would be appreciated!

Edit: Nevermind, I finally did it, though more, I suspect by luck than anything else... I managed to break into the fortress and KO all the heroes without destroying the heart and on the last try (after a couple of times), the AI Keeper left me alone (it may have helped I blocked all the water entry points to my dungeon with guard posts and sold most of my bridges). I then spent quite some time (having locked three imps next to the gems so they couldn't get distracted and manually emptied the room) trapping pretty much the whole hero fortress with lightning traps, while sealing a few areas with magic doors and selling the rest. Locking off all but two small 3x3 training rooms, I managed to keep the funds afloat #, training slowly. I then finally managed to lure most of the enemy creatures (which I finally outnumbered 72 to 40) and with the bulk of the skeletons, managed to break the back of the enemy army and then punch through. It was... somewhat tedious, though.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; October 13th, 2014 at 00:45.

Default Re: Undead Keeper campaign KeeperFX balance issue?

I don't think I ever tried it, but I do believe KeeperFX has been considered while making this campaign. See this topic: https://keeperklan.com/threads/464-U...eeper-Campaign