Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Additional languages ( FIN )

Default Re: Additional languages ( FIN )

For Finnish you can ask a new one to be generated, but here you can download the other ones, and just include your translations:

https://code.google.com/p/keeperfx/s...keeperfx/lang/

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownMaster21 View Post
    how I am supposed to download any existing .pot/.po file if not able to do it no matter how clearly manual says how to do it?

I have POedit and actually I have everything else ready, I just need the copy of .po model.

Or is there way to convert .dat back to .pot?

EDIT: stupid or what?
    There's a link to all the .po/.pot files here, under "Getting the files":
    https://code.google.com/p/keeperfx/wiki/NewTrans

You may download .pot file, then create new catalogue (empty translation) from that .pot.
    You may also download any .po file, and modifiy the translation within (these are existing translations).

The "gtext" translations contain general strings and official campaign strings. The "speech" translations are mentor speeches, they need to be recorded after translating. There are also sub-folders in the "lang" folder, which contain translations for unofficial campaigns.

Spider

Go here:

https://code.google.com/p/keeperfx/s.../gtext_eng.pot

On the right hand size, right click the 'view raw file' link and save the file gtext_eng.pot to your computer.

Open it in poedit, and you can make your translations. Save that file as gtext_fin.po (a .po file, not a .pot file)

As Mefisto says, this file has all the game's general strings and descriptions, etc. When complete a Finnish translation of the original campaign will be playable.

dayokay

Quote Originally Posted by dayokay View Post
    Go here:

https://code.google.com/p/keeperfx/s.../gtext_eng.pot

On the right hand size, right click the 'view raw file' link and save the file gtext_eng.pot to your computer.

Open it in poedit, and you can make your translations. Save that file as gtext_fin.po (a .po file, not a .pot file)

As Mefisto says, this file has all the game's general strings and descriptions, etc. When complete a Finnish translation of the original campaign will be playable.

dayokay
    This! Thanks, works now, starting to doing it immediately

Spider

Great.

When you've completed the file, you'll need to send it to Mefisto, as there is more to do to make Finnish a KeeperFX language (I don't know what that is)

dayokay

PS If you don't complete it, please create an issue at the google code page, and upload your latest file there.

Sorry for double post, but...

What you would like to say about keeper as in alternative?

because actually if translated to finnish, it sounds pretty much "gay" to translate it and I can't find any alternative word for keeper because I have no idea what you would choose... Maybe the best is to ask to people which has primary language as english.

guard? watcher? ruler?

EDIT: got it, I found it on my earlier translations.
    Last edited by UnknownMaster21; November 9th, 2014 at 13:24.

Just for as a little report, there is 853 sentences remaining to be translated. I do about 10-50 translations in a day, though it is very, very fast to translate spells, creatures, infos, and so on. Anyway, I felt I wanted to post, maybe perhaps so make some action here in these forums.