Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Additional languages ( FIN )

Default Additional languages ( FIN )

I would like to announce that if some point there will be needed for new languages/translators, here is one: me, for Finnish!

But, is it possible to make one as "official"? I am always annoyed a bit there is always Swedish, but never Finnish, maybe because it is harder language? I don't know, but anyway, if devs read this, please give me some information about how to do it properly. I am actually translated few missions in original DK and I am also doing my own campaign in finnish language.

Also, is there any other finns in these forums? if so, please come, say a hello, or terve/moro/haloo

EDIT: does keeperfx support btw ä and ö alphabets? I haven't used them in case it makes an error, I have used then with a and o only . /EDIT: as expected, answer is: no
    Last edited by UnknownMaster21; November 1st, 2014 at 22:13.

Default Re: Additional languages ( FIN )

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownMaster21 View Post
    does keeperfx support btw ä and ö alphabets? I haven't used them in case it makes an error, I have used then with a and o only .
    In POT file, you should use the correct national characters. If they're not a part of bitmap fonts, then a tool which converts POT file should handle the conversion to nearest supported char.

Spider

The best place to start would probably be to generate a .po file for Finnish translation of the original campaign.

https://code.google.com/p/keeperfx/wiki/NewLanguage

so load gtext_eng.pot into poedit, and translate each string into Finnish, and save as a .po file. When completed, this will clear the way for a new Finnish campaign in the future.

good luck!

dayokay

Clear as sky! thanks guys.

QUOTE=dayokay;48633]The best place to start would probably be to generate a .po file for Finnish translation of the original campaign.

https://code.google.com/p/keeperfx/wiki/NewLanguage

so load gtext_eng.pot into poedit, and translate each string into Finnish, and save as a .po file. When completed, this will clear the way for a new Finnish campaign in the future.

good luck!

dayokay[/QUOTE]

I will also translate game menus, actually, EVERYTHING, so don't worry.

Also, I have actually done it before, but never succeeded enough, I will start sooner or later to do it again ( or continue )(probably sooner)

Do you think there are many (potential) Finnish DK players that do not speak English?

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    Do you think there are many (potential) Finnish DK players that do not speak English?
    Well, not sure, at least one I know, though that is not the source of this idea.

Well, for me it looks always good no matter what game it is, if it supports many languages, that's the reason.

The more languages, the more work to maintain of course. It is best for people to play the games in their original language, but for some mayor languages like German, Spanish en French it makes sense to include them as many people there only speak their own language and it is a big market.

DK already supports many languages, Dutch for example is supported, and I've taken a look at the Dutch translations, which are horrible and incomplete, yet I've seen nobody complain. The Netherlands and (bigger) Scandinavia are countries where almost everybody speaks English.

The more languages, the more work to maintain of course. It is best for people to play the games in their original language, but for some mayor languages like German, Spanish en French it makes sense to include them as many people there only speak their own language and it is a big market.

DK already supports many languages, Dutch for example is supported, and I've taken a look at the Dutch translations, which are horrible and incomplete, yet I've seen nobody complain. The Netherlands and (bigger) Scandinavia are countries where almost everybody speaks English.
    True, but I will do an exact! If it was me as a dutch, I would had complain actually

how I am supposed to download any existing .pot/.po file if not able to do it no matter how clearly manual says how to do it?

I have POedit and actually I have everything else ready, I just need the copy of .po model.

Or is there way to convert .dat back to .pot?

EDIT: stupid or what?
    Last edited by UnknownMaster21; November 9th, 2014 at 09:14.