Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Campaign - New game plus

Default Re: Campaign - New game plus

Quote Originally Posted by Krizzie View Post
    I've started this campaign and it got me a few times already (the AI on level 8 is pretty fast with expanding if you don't intervene fast enough)

I just finished level 9, but I fail to see how to obtain the Transfer creature special, you've blocked it off with a hero wall and there's no destroy walls spell to be found? Is it the point to play the secret level and transfer a creature from there?
    You should be able to win all the levels without a transfer creature or secret level creature, the levels are mostly designed for that (the first few waves tend to be low-level creatures, which are no match for a level 10 Mistress/Vampire/Knight). You are free to try to do get the transfer special to help you in the next level, but that will make the current one more difficult. To get the transfer special in level 9, you have to meet the special conditions of this level, at which point a tunneler will spawn and dig out the special.

What condition it is in level 9 is a secret, but if you must know I could spoil the secret:

Spoiler

Are you having fun so far?

Quote Originally Posted by darkkingkongman View Post
    Only just started this Campaign. Managed to do level one and two, and after taking a look at the scripts the AI is set to the hardest difficulty. Something to look forward to. Nice!
    Try not to look at the scripts too much, you'll spoil some of it for yourself. Let me know what you think after you've completed the first 9 or 10 levels, the first 5 are basically unchanged but with the tutorial messages removed.
    Last edited by YourMaster; November 19th, 2014 at 21:32.

On level 9, you need to shrink action point 1 using the -/+ keys. The tunneler doesn't always spawn on the inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Woudo View Post
    On level 9, you need to shrink action point 1 using the -/+ keys. The tunneler doesn't always spawn on the inside.
    Thanks for the feedback! This will be included in the next update. It used to be a hero gate, but for testing I had made it an action point I could trigger from the outside. I will turn it back into a Hero gate.

Edit: Done.
    Last edited by YourMaster; November 20th, 2014 at 16:20.

Ghost

The spoiler didn't work (atleast not here) but I've checked the .txt file.

Nice twist there!

But you might give a hint on that when you start the map.

Quote Originally Posted by Krizzie View Post
    The spoiler didn't work (atleast not here) but I've checked the .txt file.

Nice twist there!

But you might give a hint on that when you start the map.
    The forum is a bit broken, seems like an issue with the SSL - probably has the site running partially on one server and partially on another or something. If you want spoilers to work, and the post buttons, you have to accept the security risk in your browser. For example in firefox click the little shield icon in the address-bar, and then select 'Disable protection on this page'.

I've considered giving hints, but I simply don't speak the 20 languages required to do so,... I'm only using texts already part of the game. Also, I basically want you to play it without the transfer creatures mostly. If the scripts weren't accessible to everybody I would have kept the transfer-conditions a secret, and people would eventually find out themselves with enough play, because they aren't that convoluted. It would be a nice and special bonus when you would get it, instead of a regular and expected occurrence.
    On some of the maps I give a little hint when you lose the ability to get the transfer special, but not on this one. There you can try remember it for your second play-through.

I like attempting to get the transfer special on level 14, makes the level really challenging.

You are the devil. Level 9 could've been blazed through but instead I had to sit there and make sure none of them ghost. There's always that one Hero that takes 8+ minutes and 25k in healing fees to convert.

I didn't even use the transfer special in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Woudo View Post
    You are the devil. Level 9 could've been blazed through but instead I had to sit there and make sure none of them ghost. There's always that one Hero that takes 8+ minutes and 25k in healing fees to convert.

I didn't even use the transfer special in the end.
    Glad you're having fun. You don't have to go for the specials of course! Good luck on level 10.

I somehow skipped level 10, or at least I think so.
    According to the script, map 10 is that lava map where the player and a keeper start on separate dirt banks. I went from map9; the map with the golden question marks, straight to map11; the wave defense map.

I did do a secret level inbetween, do you think that'd be why?

Yes, I certainly think so: https://code.google.com/p/keeperfx/issues/detail?id=420

This is not an issue with the campaign, but with the game. Which version are you using, because if it is the latest, the above issue is not fixed correctly?

To play the level you missed, run the game with the '-alex' command line option, and on the world-map press Ctrl+F9.

Ghost

Getting the special on level 14 would be very tricky indeed, or you could be lucky and the AI gets it for you.