Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Campaign - New game plus

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: ecarus333

Default Re: Campaign - New game plus

Dont worry :P

Im playing it with 0.46 with no nighty builds.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecarus View Post
    I tried the imp slapping secret, that is the harder lvl of the campaign hahahaha But for some reason the game crashed to me on this map like 2 times
    The bug that caused this level to crash is supposed to be fixed now on the stable branch. Please let me know if your game still crashes on this level on v0.4.6 r1735 patch or beyond.

Well done the Campaign update. Its better for experienced players without monster transfer. But still not challenging enough.

Godd work!

Greetz pikovich

Thank you. Try the imp-killing secret levels.

If I made it even more difficult it would play nothing like the original campaign, and I'd be better off just making totally new levels. I made a few actually, this one is my favorite and I think the hardest one.

If you want an entire campaign that's difficult, try the undead keeper campaign included in KeeperFX made by Duke Ragereaver, it's well made.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Oggrr

Heya YourMaster, just found out about the NG+ when i just cleared the campaign with the unoficcal 0.4.6 +½ patch, though lvl 1 has nothing in it, i get defeated instantly and all you can see are like.. purple squares where the assets should be.

EDIT: Found this in the log file which explains it all.

Error: load_level_file: The level "map00001" doesn't exist; creating empty map.
    Sync: Created menu ID 1 at slot 0, pos (0,0) size (140,400)
    Sync: Created menu ID 2 at slot 1, pos (0,0) size (140,400)
    Warning: Map file "map00000.txt" doesn't exist or is too small.
    Last edited by Ogre; September 10th, 2016 at 15:56.

You're right, I see the level files are not included with the package. Sorry. I'll reupload the file with the levels included soon, in the meantime you can download the campaign here: https://keeperklan.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=107.

Edit: I've updated the package, in the new version the campaign should work without any trouble.
    Last edited by YourMaster; September 11th, 2016 at 23:06.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Oggrr

Aye i did, very nice. And goddamn lvl 7

Spoiler

A simple change from one AI setting to another did that "rush". The original campaign has AI-5; it only builds tiny rooms and because of that, it's very unlikely to expand horizontally enough to discover the tunnels and subsequently claim up a lot of territory. Because it doesn't expand enough, it doesn't "see" a lot of the gold on the map so it doesn't feel the need to slap dicks with the player over the player's gold seams. The end result is it just sits there and jacks off.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogre View Post

Spoiler

Well yeah he rushed but those demons spawns and warlocks didnt stand a chance against my 7 lvl 3s bile demons. It actually made the level go faster as I won under ten minutes. I did not find any transfer special previous round I thought it got removed.

On lvl 8, Tickle AI was much more stronger though. Even with converted barbarians I didnt stand a chance in direct battle. However I used invisibility to steal all his lair that pissed off his orcs and then they disappeared - either left or died idk.

I did not know how to get transfer special in lvl 9 Moonbrush Wood. I did not see any hero tunneler I could imprison and blow through the corner. Checking the script I see I had to convert all heroes. Never mind next level was easy without transfer anyway.
    Last edited by kix; August 22nd, 2017 at 07:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogre View Post

Spoiler

I recently replayed the campaign to test some changes to KeeperFX Unofficial, and it caused me to make a few changes to it. I also changed this level, preventing the computer from bridging towards your island until you get off it, and I think it works better. It's a pretty challenging map now, quite fun, with a very limited change. It is included with KeeperFX Unofficial, but I also updated the separate download.