Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Campaign - New game plus

Default Re: Campaign - New game plus

Yeah, only one. You should do some kind of guide about differences between OC and NC+ or point me that one or even tell me that i'm to lazy to read

Strange, I just had a quick look, and I really do get 2 mistresses in that level.
    I'm not doing a full write up on all the changes. Mostly because I can't be arsed, but also because it's part of the charm to be get the unexpected surprises.

In general though:
    - Tutorial removed
    - Made is harder to cheese all levels with a transferred or bonus unit
    - Removed some exploits that allowed people to skip playing the original levels.

Thanks for reply.
    I'm on 20 level. I have similar bug like quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyC View Post
    I'm on the last level (level 20). It's a mess because, at the beginning, you can hear that the "supposedly imprisoned" Avatar destroys the blue Keeper. Afterwards, the hero waves pop up from hero portals near your base (all level 10 + the second Avatar). Seems like a scripting bug right at the start of the map. You lose in less than 5 minutes.
    In my case, heros appear from portals with avatar and walk right to the my dungeon heart. After that they go to blue keeper and kill him.
    scr00010.bmp
    scr00012.bmp
    Dungeon Keeper FX ver 0.4.8.2154. I will try the fix that was made.

Yeah, sorry, everybody who downloaded KeeperFX 0.4.8 before 2020-09-02 will have that issue there, unless they download that new text file. It's really that I left my test-code in that spawned the heroes right from the start.

ok, no offense.
    I really like your interpretation of Dk campaign. This is my favourite game ever and thanks for you, i felt like playing new game.
    I had hated you at 14th and 15th but finally it made me to play those maps very different way. Let's play 20th.

Great, happy to hear it.

I'm on level 9 and i can see a special box surrounded by impenetrable rock. In the normal levels this part of the map is accessible. But i can't see a way through now?

I get that this is supposed to be harder and maybe you aren't supposed to get some of those special boxes but wouldn't be better to remove it completely instead of making it inaccessible? If it's visible it makes me think there's must be a way to get it. Maybe there is?

There's secret objectives on how to get them. Pay attention to hints. But the intended way to complete the campaign is without the transfers, so no loss if you miss them.

I'm at level 15 and still can't figure out some things.

A lot of magic boxes are hidden behind indestructible rock in many levels. Still can't figure out how to get them.

The secret levels also giving me trouble. For instance, the one where you have to kill your imps have 4 increase level boxes behind a trap. There is no way through other than activating the trap. If the imp triggers it, it dies so you can't get the boxes. If any of the two creatures gets killed (to give enough time for the imp to get the block) all the creatures vanish, including the imp.

So don't know if it's possible to get those. Can't tell if it's just tease.

Is there a guide for those harder versions of the secret levels? All i can find is guides for the normal ones but those are very different. Also a guide on how to get the boxes behind rock? Not that i need them, i'm just curious. I like the harder versions and prefer to play without transfer creatures. But i'd like to know they are tested and possible. And you can get everything, without impossible teasing items.
    Last edited by TasGama; June 23rd, 2021 at 14:40.

Quote Originally Posted by TasGama View Post
    I'm at level 15 and still can't figure out some things.

A lot of magic boxes are hidden behind indestructible rock in many levels. Still can't figure out how to get them.

The secret levels also giving me trouble. For instance, the one where you have to kill your imps have 4 increase level boxes behind a trap. There is no way through other than activating the trap. If the imp triggers it, it dies so you can't get the boxes. If any of the two creatures gets killed (to give enough time for the imp to get the block) all the creatures vanish, including the imp.

So don't know if it's possible to get those. Can't tell if it's just tease.

Is there a guide for those harder versions of the secret levels? All i can find is guides for the normal ones but those are very different. Also a guide on how to get the boxes behind rock? Not that i need them, i'm just curious. I like the harder versions and prefer to play without transfer creatures. But i'd like to know they are tested and possible. And you can get everything, without impossible teasing items.
    Level 14, and most other keeper levels are quite a bit harder in NG+ yes. The secret levels are all possible yes, but it is a puzzle. Are you sure you want them spoiled?

If so, this is the solution to the secret level that's giving you trouble:

Spoiler

And you can do that by

Spoiler

NG+ is meant to basically be played without the transfers though, but you can get them. You should notice the special boxes are available at the start of the map, but they might become unavailable at some point if you fail the secret objective. When such a thing happens you will hear a rockslide when rocks make them inaccessible, or see a twinkle when you lose the bridge to get across lava for them. Try to remember what just happened. In almost all cases, the secret objective is directly related to the initial objective message of the map.
    For map 15:

Spoiler