Thread: Crystalbarrow Catacombs

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: popgunpigeon

Default Re: Crystalbarrow Catacombs

Asifet
    -
    The Aggressor

Asifet finished yet another book.

\\The Heal spell still is not researched... what have I missed? No matter... Somebody else can finish it off quite easily, I'm sure. I came to this dungeon seeking a place of solitude to hone my practice but did not find it. //

The warlock rose and headed towards the portal. He loathed to leave work unfinished, but it was now time to leave.

A WARLOCK HAS LEFT YOUR DUNGEON.

ASIFET SUMMARY__________
    Creature Profile
    Gold: 0
    Health: 100%
    Level: 3.8
    Keeper Approval: 0 (Neutral)
    Mood: Gone.
    Quick Summary: Dismayed that his work was still not finished, Asifet nonetheless left, believing Crystal to be too busy.

(OCC: Just as I sent Vermillion to Northland to support action there (eventually), I'm sending Asifet to RCI to speed research. Despite this I'm not abandoning Crystal. I'm going to switch out Bastain in Northland at the first opertunity and send him here.
    Also at a guess I would say Heal is pretty near done, considering the work Asifet has put in now an prior to joining the battle. If it wasn't already researched before he started, of course... Crystal is so confusing on that front.)
    {RPG} Creature Page: Here | My Maps, My Comic

Not even Vermillion reads the OOC threads

Current Awakening Creatures

8 :Creatures Dispatched | Creatures Killed: 9

Krua had been resting in the lair for quite a while, by now. Her brother wasn't around, as he had been tasked to explore the ancient dungeon. There were many creatures around in the lair, many of which she didn't know, nor was she interested in knowing them. She felt uncomfortable being between the oddball creatures around her - such as the freak skeleton who wanted to marry her. Krua walked out of the room.

She went on towards the training room. Along the way she saw more creatures minding their own business. Krua didn't pay much attention to them, and simply moved on. The other creatures, and her surroundings, felt like a blur to her. She saw nothing but her empty path forward, until she entered the training room. Again, there were more creatures around, but she didn't even notice them. She saw one goal before her, which was the training dummy that was right in front of her. Everything else looked like a big blur, and she couldn't make anything out of it. She didn't hear anything around her but incomprehensible noise either. She was alone, in an isolated world, and she hardly felt the presence of the others around.

Krua focused. Her mind gathered energy from her surroundings. This energy turned into a bright blue glowing energy sphere, and it grew larger and brighter. A couple seconds later, the sphere was released forward, right towards the unsuspecting training dummy. In the process, Krua released a war cry.

"HYAAH!"

Next thing anybody would know, the training dummy was stuck in a large cube of ice. While the ice cube was slowly melting, it was still effective to keep the training dummy in a coat of hard ice for a significant amount of time. Krua looked up at the ice-coated training dummy. After almost a minute of just standing there, she decided to leave the room, going south, to the empty room bordering the magma lake. She moved to the northeast corner of the room.

There, Krua sat down, in a position vaguely resembling a lotus position, except with more legs. She cast a shroud of invisibility upon herself, as she didn't need any interference from the outside world. Krua shut her eyes. She entered a hypnotized, trance-like state as impossibly countable thoughts flashed through her mind, many of which were blurred, unreadable messes. She did feel the presence of her brother Skios was somewhat closer than before, though still very far away. With a very faint and barely hearable voice, she spoke some words.

"Brother... please return safely..."

After that, she remained quiet. She remained in her trance-like state, and was hardly aware of the world around her.

LEVEL UP!!

Wait, what do you mean I'm late? And why is nobody hearing me? Hellloooooo!! Why isn't anybody hearing me? I'm stating important facts here! Ah, screw it. You bunch of wankers...

Summary: Krua moved to the training room, set a training dummy on ice, leveling up in the process, and moved to the northeast part of the empty room that's next to the lava - all the while feeling being quite detached from the world's existence around her.

Krua the Icy Arachnid Witch
    Location: north east corner of empty room next to the lava, to the south
    Status: sitting in a corner, invisible, in a trance-like state
    Mood: unclear
    Level: 5

The Awakening

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Skarok

Ryan finished his meal and threw the rest of the chicken in the lava, which consumed it eager. He put his scroll away, before slowly making his way back to the training room. Many thoughts occurred in his mind, but he tried to push them away and focused on his objective.
    As the merc arrived in the training room and started to ill-treat one of the dummies, he realized that this wasn't something which would need his full attention. So Ryan started to forget about his surroundings once again and was alone with his training and his thoughts.

Well, whatever. It's not like I could do very much right now. I guess I'll see when I know about his location...

He swept his weapons from time to time, slouchy attacking the dummies.

Ryan Summary
    Gold: 0.00
    Level: 1.24
    Keeper Approval: 23 (slightly Positive)
    Mood: confident, preoccupied
    Quick Summary: Ryan left the bridge and returned for further training.
    Last edited by Skarok; April 5th, 2012 at 12:20.
    There is absoluetly nothing wrong with DK Mobile, whatsoever.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: NEVEC DARKBLADE Steam ID: blackdragonknight254

Marteal kicks another Sentry crate away, along with a crate of a Freeze Trap. However, there were no Imps in sight. "OI! YOU LAZY GITZ! GET OVERS 'ERE, NOW! YOUS HAS BOXS TO MOVES!"
    He begins to work on the final Sentry Gun, but stops. In a moment of brilliance, or sheer lack-thereof, he storms off to his home in the lair, and grabs a book off of his bed. He runs back in, and opens in. There, with symbols that even would make the Dark Gods puzzled, he begins to look up information upon a door he had designed for the Swiftwind clan some time ago. After a few pages, he finds the door he was looking for. "Yeah, Keeper'll likes dis...."
    He sets to work, creating the mystery door from in his book. Unnoticed by him, two Imps run in and grab the crates, dragging them away.

SUMMARY:
    Level: 1.2
    Mood: Normal
    Summary: Finishes some traps, grabs a book, and starts making a mystery door.

Workshop progress:
    ??? Door: (1/1) 5%
    Sentry Gun (4/4) 0%
    Steel Door (0/2)
    Magic Door (0/2)
    Freeze Trap (1/2)
    Last edited by ARMofORION; March 31st, 2012 at 13:55.

Valimar Fell

Valimar Fell was still training in the Trainings Room and soon gained enough experience to ascend to level 2, growing slighly bigger in the process. He could feel the magic essence inside him, but he was not powerful enough to wield or conjure something yet. Valimar Fell then decided to take some rest to recharge his energy and walked straight to the Lair.

Upon arriving in the Lair Valimar Fell conjured up his home; a coffin. But before he wanted to open and enter it he heard something in the Combat Pit that is next to the Lair. Intrigued, he entered the room in question. In the pit Valimar saw two familiar faces in the form of Rob and the Black Knight that he ‘met’ earlier. Eager for some action show, he decided to stay and watch.

Summary:
    Valimar Fell reached level 2, made his home and is now in the Combat Pit to watch the action between Rob and the Black Knight
    Level 2
    Keeper approval: 0 (neutral)
    Mood: Neutral

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Post Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Gamer IDs

And yet even after hours of training Ryan still felt awkward with it. Though this may work for others, he couldn't really get anything out of this, if he just fights with motionless dummies. Frustrated the merc recovered his bolts from the dummies before he adjusted his dark armor.

Hey, if dark knights are here, then this keeper must have an arena... combat pit... whatever. Even watching fights would be more useful than this.

With fast steps he made his way back to the treasury and returned into the lair. Unlike in the training room it was easier for him to focus his thoghts now. He made his way to the entrance without a door and again he found his target instantly.

Nice to know I won't have problems with this dungeons geography.

However, not much of the combat pit was left, but the part that was intact was already under use by two dark knights. A vampire seemed to be all of their audience. Since Ryan was sick of the boring training room and would surely enjoy watching some action and having a conversation, he moved foreward. Ryan stepped aside the vampire and crossed his arms. With a confident smile he looked over to his ally.

"Hey there, comrade! Looks like I'm not too late for the show... By the way, do you know some... "

Suddenly the scroll he read some time before fell out of his sleeve. With an annoyed look on his face he stepped on it and pulled it near himself. He picked it up and crossed his arms again, holding the scroll in his left hand now.

"Sorry. Should've left that garbage at my lair."

Ryan Summary
    Level: 1.35
    Keeper Approval: 23 (slightly Positive)
    Mood: confident
    Quick Summary: Ryan left the training room and made his way to the combat pit, where he begun to talk with Valimar Fell..
    Last edited by Skarok; April 4th, 2012 at 20:01.

Valimar Fell

Fate did not grant Valimar Fell a moment of himself, for he was disturbed by a someone, a rogue of all possible Creatures! It seems that the Dark Gods have a sense of humor, but Valimar Fell himself was not amused, far from it, for he loathed rogues badly.

"Hey there, comrade! Looks like I'm not too late for the show... By the way, do you know some... "

Suddenly a scroll fell out of his sleeve. With an annoyed look on his face, the rogue stepped on it and pulled it near himself. He picked it up and crossed his arms again, holding the scroll in his left hand now.

"Sorry. Should've left that garbage at my lair."

Valimar Fell formed a snarl on his face and replied back...

"Silence, or I will rip out your tongue."

Summary:
    Valimar Fell ‘conversated’ with Ryan the rogue.
    Level 2
    Keeper approval: 0 (neutral)
    Mood: Aggravated

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Post Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Dranton and Xerina

[Drell's Battle]

While the dragon was heading toward the keeper's Dungeon Heart, Dranton was still covering in fear after witnessing his power. Xerina reloaded her crossbow and observed the Dragon as it went west.

"Where shalt I shoot?", Xerina thought, "My bolts art too weak to pierce it's skin. I need to think of something fast! Shalt I get my personal Freeze Trap from the Workshop? It should hath been finished by now... No, that did not seem to work for long even when the regular trap was used. What else is there to try?", Xerina thought as she observed the Dragon, "It's wings... They art it's weakest part. But what good would come from shooting those...? Perhaps... If I manage to pin them to nearby walls, I could limit it's movements!"

Unfortunatelly, just as Xerina lifted her crossbow, the Dragon unleashed his Word of Power again to get rid of the creatures who were trying to slow him down. While Xerina did observe from rather far away, she still got knocked down from the impact, which made her reflexively shoot her bolt into the ceiling.

"Damn be thee!", Xerina pouted to herself.

By the time she got back on her feet and reloaded her crossbow, the dragon was already in Dungeon Heart chamber.

"What shalt I do now? Pinning the dragon down now would do no good, as it hath already reached the Dungeon Heart.", Xerina pondered, "I am also running low on bolts. Hmm...".

Xerina had a hard time concentrating, tho, as Dranton shouted and screamed near her the whole time. But then it hit her...

"Wait... Perhaps... That beetle...", Xerina thought as she headed toward Dranton, "I racall it possessing regeneration similar to that of the dragon. With that and it's thick shell... Perhaps we could at least buy us some more time.".

Xerina took the bolt out of her crossbow and put the crossbow away as she walked toward the panicking beetle.

"Calm thyself, beetle!", Xerina shouted as she grabbed Dranton, "Art thou willing to simply sit back while the Keeper gets slaughtered!? Stop thy wining and be a REAL minion instead of a wimp!".

"But... but...", Dranton insecurely replied, "The flames... The heat... The dragon... They're... they're...".

"Look at me, beetle!", Xerina responded, even louder than last time, "Dost thou think that I hath not felt pain from the flames!? Dost thou think that these bandages are merely for decoration!? But I hath NOT given up! I still go on! I refuse to simply give up!", she shouted as her grip on Dranton tightened and she started to shake him.

About that time the Keeper's scream of pain echoed throughout the realm. Larquidos have taken the first hit. The end seemed inevitable.

"Oh, the Dark Gods! You have truly abandoned us!", Dranton shouted as he plumeted into despair even more.

"Art thou a man or a mouse!? If something is not done soon, all will be lost!", Xerina shouted as she continued her attempts to calm the beetle.

But it was no use. Dranton's fears have consumed him and he could not be brought back. Xerina continued her attempts to get Dranton back into the fight, but it was only after Drell's defeat was announced that Dranton was able to filnally calm down.

"We... We won...?", Dranton mumbled in shock, "We won! We survived! Long live the Master Larquidos!", Dranton shouted, overjoyed with the news of the victory.

Xerina finally let him go and turned away.

"Thou art worthless. Thou disgust me.", Xerina told Dranton as she walked to her lair, so she could finally get some rest.

Xerina's words have hurt Dranton more that any attacks which Drell unleashed on him. He simply stood there, motionless. Was he truly worthless? Is he really a disapointment to his Master? His head slowly tilted toward the ground. He have failed his master. He truly was a dissapointment. But... If he works hard from now on... If he could prove himself and his loyalty again... Perhaps there was still hope. He refused to believe he is a waste of space. He believed he could indeed make up for his cowardice this time. There will be other battles. There will be other chances to shine. But first... He needed a long rest to gather his strength again. He have never felt this weak before. He slowly headed toward his lair.

By the time he reached the Lair, Xerina was already asleep. He curled up in his Lair and tried to forget this battle ever happened, until he finally managed to fall asleep.

[/Drell's Battle]

Exhausted from the previous battle, both Dranton and Xerina were sound asleep by the time Larquidos requested a possession volunteer and while the payday was announced, completely missing both events.

--Summary: During the battle with Drell (about 10 pages ago) Xerina wasted her time trying to calm down the panicking Dranton until Drell's eventual defeat by the other minions. After that, both Xerina and Dranton went to get some rest and have been asleep ever since.
    Dranton's Health: 100% (rested)
    Xerina's Health: 100% (rested)

Gamer IDs

Ryan & Pel

"Silence, or I will rip out your tongue."

Ryan grinned derisive and just shot an "Impressive" back, while dismissing the vampires presence.

Looks like I don't need this pseud behavior here. Nice to know.

Without any effort Pel finally made it out of the abyss and found himself in the well-known room which represented a portal chamber. He slowly adjusted his red armor, while putting on his most common mien; raised head, a wide grin and an amused look in his eyes.

Finally made it. Things will be much more exciting now!

It wasn't hard for him to find the keepers heart chamber due to the hearts slow beats. They were nearly infrasonic, but Pel hadn't any problems with that. In front of the keepers heart he made a slow obeisance before raising his voice.

"Keeper. It's nice to meet you personally and swear my leadership to someone like you. I already heard about you over some of my... sources. You don't have to care about me at all, I'll follow on your commands and everything I'll do aside from that will exert to your goals. Believe me; I'll try to aid you in every situation as good as I can and in every possible needed way. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll try to get familiar with your dungeon to be able to assist you on the best possible way."

While speaking his thoughts reflected the actual meaning of the words though his coaxing expression was perfect and would choke off every suspect.

Keeper. I don't care who you are, though I'm informed about you. Leave me alone so I can strike my deals. I'll get the hell out of here when it becomes too dangerous. Now look away while I'm starting to get rich.

Pel then made his way over to the lair and was satisfied with the large amount of beds which certainly looked like they were from humans. But then one sloppy made lair crossed his view.

Looks like he's here? That'll be fun!

Pel now hurried up and made his own lair in the left corner of the room, tried to make it look as inconspicuous as possible. After he thought that it was finished, he made his way back to the hallway leading to the portal. With his head bowed he walked through a treasury filled with gold he'd get by one way or another. Trying to continue with his inconspicuous behavior he entered a training room. Pel still wanted to get some information about the dungeon before doing anything, so he left the room to the east. Unfortunately he only found a worthless library, so he walked back and left the training area this time through the west.

There it is!

He thought after entering a guard room. Pel walked to the table in the middle of the room and pulled out an empty scroll as well as an inkwell and a feather. It didn't take him that long to copying the map in a somewhat exactable state. Satisfied he put his stuff away and walked back over to the training room. Pel wasn't sure if the keeper was watching him, but it was safer to stay inconspicuous for some time before beginning with his work. So all he did was training for now, but knowing of Ryan’s presence he already had other plans in his mind…

After the black knights still didn't attempt to do something, Ryan's biol. facial features turned dark, his eyes narrowed to slits and his mouth corner winced. After baring his teeth he turned around and left the room, though leaving some words in the air before.

"Waste of time. Waste of air talking with that thing. Waste of my presence being here."

Back at his lair he just dropped on his bed, noticed a new one in a corner before shutting his eyes and falling into a light sleep, both hands on his weapons.

Ryan Summary
    Level: 1.35
    Keeper Approval: 22 (slightly Positive)
    Mood: arrogant
    Quick Summary: Ryan stopped faking his behavior and left the combat pit, slightly insulting Valimar Fell though. After that he fell asleep, though he noticed a new bed in the lair before.

Pel Summary

Level: 1.02
    Keeper Approval: -10
    Mood: Careful
    Quick Summary: Pel faked a nice introduction to the keeper, and then made his lair up before he copied a map of the dungeon. At the end he went over to the training room and begun to do what dudes do there.
    Last edited by Skarok; April 4th, 2012 at 20:01.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

The Black Knight

The Black Knight was dropped into the Combat Pit with Rob, ordered to fight. She drew her sword and then waited for a move from Rob. Time passed...

"Will you not draw your blade?" The Black Knight spoke, breaking the silence, "If that is the case, then I will not fight. I will not remain here with an idle Dungeon Keeper who sets me to fight such an opponent. Perhaps I shall return if your need of me grows tremendously. Until then, farewell."

THE BLACK KNIGHT HAS LEFT YOUR DUNGEON!

The Black Knight
    Level: 2
    Experience: 0/25
    Gold in Hand: 200
    Gold in Lair: 0
    Current Weapons/Items Carried: Great Sword

Summery: The Black Knight left.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!